Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stopping Chimpanzee Experiments
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: September 18, 2010 03:39PM

Senator Cantwell (Washington State) has introduced legislation to stop research on primates in the United States. If you are interested in signing a petition in support of this effort, there is a site on facebook where you can sign.

[apps.facebook.com]

If you do not have a facebook account, I don't know if you can still sign or no. But, I thought it was worth a shot. The goal is 100,000 signatures. We are at 35,000+ PCRM is the sponsor. Best.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stopping Chimpanzee Experiments
Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: September 20, 2010 07:39AM

Can you sign it if you are in the UK

This stuff upsets me so much. The cruelty that humans are capable of inflicting on defenceless sentient creatures

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 23, 2010 08:33AM

but where do u draw the line

just walk outside on the sidewalk in sneakers

and thousands of little insects are being destroyed

i also think there is a bias towards certain animals like dolphins, whales, chimpanzees and not towards other sentient beings

i don't like experimentation on animals either

and don't agree with it

but just wondering if you harbor a universal across the board desire to ensure animal rights towards ALL sentient creatures

Date: September 23, 2010 10:03AM

For me, the line is being careful in nature and not deliberately hurting anything (which I think most vegans by the vegan society definition of veganism also follow) to the best of my capacity.

Obviously if something is microscopic and we can't see it, there's not much we can do about that.

But I will check the ground when I'm out walking for slugs/drowsy bees/ants etc. If I'm gardening I try to be gentle and check the soil for worms and centipedes etc, and go slowly if I use a garden fork or trough.

Vivisection needs to be stopped. There's so much disinfo about vivisection saving lives. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that these animals are all dying in the name of cancer prevention and treatment etc. They're not. i.e. Animal testing being done to try and prove how POM Wonderful Pomegranate juice benefits people. It's a bloody juice! Grrr.

Thanks for the link, Paul!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables