Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is there any books on...................................
Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: September 02, 2006 09:36PM

Fruitarianism (just living on fruits).
I'm asking because I don't think there is.
I'm also talking about a fruitarian book that just covers fruits. Not a rawfoods book that lists fruits or uses fruits as part of the diet (80/10/10 or 30% veggies, 30% fruits, or 33%/33%/33%, Etc.). Just eating fruits and nothing else....................................

Anyone?

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is there any books on...................................
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 02, 2006 10:18PM

Sure. Do a search for Morris Krok on Amazon.

-David Mason

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 03, 2006 12:39AM

More info from Fred (just info)

BREATHARIANISM

“What do you think about breatharianism? There is an interview with a person who claims to live on nothing but air and distilled water!”

ANSWER: There are a lot of people claiming a lot of crazy things! Personally, my experience with these so-called breatharians has not proven me that living on nothing but air and water is a possibility.

I believe it's possible for a person to get to a state where they actually need to consume very little food, but I don't believe this is a healthy practice, nor that it is possible to actually “live on air”.

I meant my first “breatharian” in California about 7 years ago, and the person in question is probably the most famous “breatharian” at the moment.

She seemed frail and was actually fighting a cold when I met her. She got paid pretty decent money (over $5000) to give a one-day talk on “living on light”, with all expense paid. She had just bought a new house and seemed to be doing well being a breatharian “guru”.

I was pretty shocked when she said that this “lifestyle” was great for teenagers because with all the money they saved by not eating, they could spend more on clothes!

The whole thing seemed pretty ludicrous, especially when she revealed actually eating chocolate cookies, tea with soy milk, pasteurized orange juice and other non-foods just for the “taste” and not for the nutrition.

My belief is that these “breatharians” simply get by with eating very little, but eventually, all of them end up eating.

This famous breatharian has actually accepted in 1999 to be challenged by Australia's 60 Minutes. She was willing to not eat and drink for one week to prove her methods.

After just a few days, she became severely dehydrated, listless and gaunt, and lost a tremendous amount of weight. She “experiment” was aborted for health reasons.

The breatharian of course blamed it on “polluted air” that prevented her from getting the nutrients. What a joke.

I also met another famous breatharian, actually probably the most famous of all, Wiley Brooks. He greeted me like this, “Hi, I'm Wiley Brooks, the breatharian.”

From what I gathered from people who knew him personally, Wiley has no problem eating a hamburger once in a while, and was actually caught more than once entering a fast food joint.

He claims that this food is simply to fulfill his need for “pleasure” and “taste” and is not what keeps him alive.

To finish the topic, I know several people have died when trying to become breatharians. Closer to me, I have met several people who have gone to these extremes of “purity” in their diet, and one of them actually died.

In my opinion, breatharianism is a complete fraud and anyone promoting this idea should really look at the potential harm it's doing to its followers.

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: September 03, 2006 01:30AM

Innervegetable~
Now that's a breath of fresh air.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2006 06:26AM

Remember, buy Amazon thru the Narz. smiling smiley

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 03, 2006 09:47AM

nice Narz

Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: September 05, 2006 05:29PM

Doug Graham is coming out with new book shortly called 80 10 10 so look out for it. I think it might be just what you are looking for.

Cecilia

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: September 05, 2006 09:18PM

Fruit, the Food and Medicine for Man, by Morris Krok

I Live on Fruit, by Essie Honiball (Out of print)

Fruit: The Ultimate Diet, by Rejean Durette

All are excellent and very inspiring. . .

smiling smiley

Love,
Julie

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: September 05, 2006 10:40PM

I always thought the classic fruitarian books were the Arnold Ehret books: Rational Fasting, Mucousless Diet Healing System, and Thus Speaketh the Stomach. My impression is that Arnold Ehret believed the fruitarian (fruit only) diet was the ultimate. After reading his books, I believed in the fruitarian diet so strongly myself, that I worked towards it for many years and finally moved to Hawaii with the goal of pursuing a fruitarian lifestyle. 22 years later, I have a 24 - acre organic diversified fruit farm with almost a thousand producing fruit trees (and still planting).

I love being here with the trees. They are a big part of our family. We take care of each other, and we have a strong personal relationship. We are now blessed with the appearance of the wild pigs who eat the fruit that drops, thus helping to prevent fruit fly while fertilizing the trees. I love having more fruit than I can eat everyday.

But even so, my opinion - after much experimentation - is that ALTHOUGH a fruit-only diet can by very good for people, it may not be sustainable over the LONG term. Even here on the Big Island, where we have the advantage of being an international agricultural center for diversified fruit species, I have never known of any fruit-only fruitarian who could sustain a fruit-only diet. I hope my opinion does not offend the fruitarians on this forum, because I do have the greatest respect for you. But I also have very good friends who lived with a fruit-only fruitarian on the island of Kaui. He ate only juicy fruits and kept losing weight while insisting he was just cleaning out. One day he just died.

Another very good friend of ours, (Hi Randy - we'll always love you), was once a very active environmentalist who consciously chose to give up everything and live as an ascetic off whatever naturally came his way. He spoke of a beautiful vision he had of himself "swinging through the trees". He would do no work that required tools - even hand tools. Nobody knows for sure how he died, but his body was found partially decomposed lying underneath the plastic garbage bags he used to sleep under when it rained. He lived the life he believed in though, and that counts for a lot. I remember Randy stayed with us for a while, and he used to go out in the morning and @#$%& under the fruit trees - a different tree everyday so that he could feed as many as possible.

I believed in the fruitarian diet for many years after reading Arnold Ehret's books. I never could follow it 100% (I blamed that on myself of course), but I did pretty good, eating nonfruit only about twice a month. One day I had a very severe vertigo attack lasting several hours nonstop (like my brain was turning over inside my skull, over and over again). Even after it was over, I had trouble standing up. Very scary. The next day I added sunflower seeds to my diet for iron, and never looked back. Now I eat salad too. I find that although I never could sustain a fruit-only fruitarian diet, I can now very easily sustain a raw food vegan diet. These days, that's plenty good enough for me.

I agree with Innervegetable that the breatharian thing is just a complete fraud. Maybe some saint somewhere could do it, who knows. But as far as people getting money for being breatharian gurus, that's just pathetic. My feeling is that IF they could really teach people to be breatharians, then they are wasting their calling - they should be in Darfur where they are really needed!

Well, that's just my thoughts on it all.

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2006 10:50PM by Ally.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 05, 2006 11:23PM

Thanks InnerVegetable and Ally for the facts. This is what is needed on this forum, the truth not our personal belief.

Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: September 11, 2006 08:40PM

I ask this because there's several books (I believe there's 6 books now) on the subject of Acid & Alkalinity (they all state or claim how fruits, especially sugary fruits are very acid forming).

There's also Victoria Boutenko book: Green for life (it talks about eating/juicing/making smoothies on 80% greens/veggies).

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 11, 2006 08:48PM

----

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2006 08:49PM by sunshine79.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables