Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida
Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 03, 2006 11:44PM

please help with advise/experience. my father has candida he's 55 years old. I know this comes up with rawfooders alot so you guys should know something. thanx

oh, he eats relatively healthy but only about 40-50% raw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candida
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 05, 2006 07:47AM

Hello,

The spittle test is great for testing for this. Do an online search and you will find how to do it if you don't already.

He could try drinking 1 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar in a glasss of water for 15 days. I suggest buying the Cream of Tartar by the pound as the teeny containers at the store are very expensive. Repeat the spittle test. If he still has it, repeat the process.

I buy mine at [www.herbalcom.com]

Good luck.
Therese

Date: September 05, 2006 08:18AM

Tartaric acid (potassium bitartrate). you're joking right? If not, wtf, please explain...

Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: September 05, 2006 05:20PM

Hi There,
I don't know anything about the cream of tarter. Is that healthy?

I've had candida issues and what helped for me is to learn about food combining for better digestion so your food doesn't putrify and encourage yeast. Food combining has to do with what foods digest best when eaten together. I also tried taking probiotics. The ones that worked for me were Primal Defense and Natrens non dairy starter kit. A great book on this subject is The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates. The only thing I didn't like about the book was her recommendation to eat meatsad smiley

Best wishes and good luck to you!

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Date: September 05, 2006 10:09PM

kudos Cecilia

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 07, 2006 07:57AM

Cecilia and InnerV,

I'm not kidding. This was recommended to me after trying various rememdies, prescription and non-prescription. I've suffered with Candida for over 20 years. Candida became a permanent part of my life when I started birth control pills and it statyed after I stopped. I did everything from Diflucan to creams to Parasite Zapping, Yogurt, and probiotics.

I noticed that changing my diet to 100% raw vegan with no oils, no sweets/sugars, and no yeast/wheat/glutens did not eliminate Candida. I tried this for 3 months solid and no relief came.

The Cream of Tartar does work. Here is an article that mentions it as the primary base for candida cure. [www.totalityofbeing.com]

Since taking Cream of Tartar myself, I have noticed improvements, even affecting my bowel movements.

Therese

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2006 07:58AM by life101.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables