Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does your health guru take drugs?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: September 30, 2010 05:43AM

Here is a controversial youtube vid I just put up. I thought its about time..

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does your health guru take drugs?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 30, 2010 08:01AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 08:09AM by flipperjan.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 30, 2010 08:52AM

Makes sense to me.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 30, 2010 02:39PM

Good one, Harley smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 30, 2010 03:02PM

Im not sure i agree to note im not pro-drugs/alcohol ive seen the harms they've caused many around me and even myself a long time back and the detriment they can do to your health. Alcohol especially.

Saying that many of the top athletes trainers, health "gurus" don't practice what they preach but that doesn't make there input any less correct that someone who does. As long as what there saying is scientifically correct i don't see any problem. What they do to there health is there own personal choice i guess.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: September 30, 2010 05:09PM

what does the guy in the video have against nuts?

why not eat them everyday?

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: September 30, 2010 05:17PM

Also.. I detect a hint of resentment towards David wolfe in the video.

What are peoples thoughts on david wolfe on this forum?

His sunfood diet success system book is simply excellent.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 30, 2010 07:09PM

WanderRA, he's just wanting to keep the percentage of fats in his diet under 10% of his intake. I was really surprized how quickly fats from nuts add up. The first time I entered what I was eaing on www.fitday.com, I got a shock. (Avocado added a lot of fat too, so I still eat it, but just eat less than I did after first going raw.) It's not that you should not ever eat nuts. You do need some fats, but fat is in many other foods besides nuts. If you eat a lot of nuts, and other high fat raw foods, it is possible (and easy, even) to eat a higher fat diet than a person on a common cooked food diet.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: September 30, 2010 08:58PM

WanderRA,

IMO, David Wolfe is a bit far afield from where he started with that book . . . I see Harley's point about how it may be more difficult to take the word of someone who claims to have the Key to Health, but who is dosing or starving or whatevering themselves. You know the old concept that if the hospital dietician looks like she belongs in the hospital herself determines whether you should listen to her advice? It's like that.

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: September 30, 2010 09:05PM

durianrider looks like he's been in the weightroom!

Date: October 01, 2010 08:50AM

You make a good point tamukha about the hospital dietician who is overweight etc, but some just cant practise what they preach and i guess in these sort of cases aswell as obese personal trainers we kind of judge on appearance when really there knowledge could be spot on.

Date: October 01, 2010 01:17PM

I like the video, but I don't think someone's occasional drug use makes their advice and/or experiences irrelevant, especially those who are honest about it.

Date: October 01, 2010 01:27PM

powerlifer,

I agree to an extent. But I think most people do have a negative response to, "Do as I say, not as I do," especially if one was bombarded with it in childhood smiling smiley

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 01, 2010 06:24PM

Its difficult to argue with someone that looks that fit and healthy!

Date: October 01, 2010 06:40PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its difficult to argue with someone that looks
> that fit and healthy!

Again we shouldnt judge a book by its cover, the majority of the male personal trainers at my local gym look fit, atheletic as such but they dont have a clue when it comes to sport science, health, or diet. Most have passed a local YMCA fitness course and believe they know the score.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: October 01, 2010 07:33PM

To me the video seems pretty vague. Which health gurus are telling you to drink your own urine? How typical is that or drug use of most of the raw vegan professionals out there? If there are specific charges or claims against particular raw vegan advisors, why not out them? Why all of the innuendo? Maybe legal risk. If so, more's the pity.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2010 07:33PM by pborst.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 01, 2010 09:13PM

powerlifer,
Alright, what would be a better measure to judge someones fitness, and overall health? Without knowing who this person is, all I can do is judge by how he looks, and what he is saying.

Date: October 02, 2010 07:32AM

Well were not judging someones health here, if were talking about a health guru i can only assume there a guru because of there knowledge on a subject. So id judge it by what there saying rather than looks. If they have both parts of the package even better.

But so many of these gurus look fit enough not hard to achieve with a little determination, but know little about health and fitness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables