Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I Blend my veggies as a meal, ok?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 03, 2010 07:01PM

Twice a day I blend together organic spinach, carrots, celery, stevia and rice protien. I'm a bodybuilder and it's tough on raw diet but i wanna continue is this meal ok?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I Blend my veggies as a meal, ok?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 03, 2010 07:06PM

Nothing wrong with blending your meals shinkautosmiling smiley, excess calories are the key to building muscle though so make sure your taking more than you expend and a protein source post workout.

Posted by: CoeyCoey ()
Date: October 03, 2010 07:20PM

I agree. Blending is a great way to consume vegetables that are not all that flavorful. I would get rid of the stevia and throw in a banana if it were me.

I do warn people who are trying to lose weight that blending reduces the "fill" factor because you chop the fiber up too much. Also, in doing so with fruit, the fructose is released and significantly increase the GI of the food. You can get a sugar high quickly after eating, then crave more food soon after.

I actually got into a habit of eating fruits and vegetables together. Like wrapping kale around a banana or spinach and apples.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 02:06PM

Sounds all right, except rice protein is not raw....

Date: October 04, 2010 02:45PM

There are some raw rice proteins. Sun Warrior and Nutribiotic both have raw rice proteins for purchase.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 04, 2010 02:56PM

Any idea what they taste like coeycoey, i tried a generic rice protein before and it was horrible much like hemp seed was.

vega thrive is good though which is what i use most of the time.

Date: October 04, 2010 03:54PM

Never tasted whey before, so I have no idea.

I actually love raw hemp protein powder. I dip my bananas in it. LOL

I tried Vega once and I had the worst gas in my life. I was doubled over in pain!

I have used the Rainbow light chocolate and Vanilla Soy in the past. I blend it up with frozen bananas and make chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Neither are raw, but they taste great.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 04, 2010 11:16PM

i have experienced the same with VEGA ,i kinda wondered what is in it that mucks with me, i swear it moved painfully thru every inch of my digested system , i was pretty distressed for much of a whole day sad smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: October 05, 2010 01:34AM

It's fine if you like it other than as others said could go without the stevia and rice protein.

Which hemp protein did you try? I thought Nutiva's shelled hempseed was pretty good. It was like a weird nutty flavor. I've seen sample sized packets at small, mom&pop type healthfood stores.

Try Agave or dates instead of stevia?

Don't know how some of you do blended meals. I tried blending carrots and it was lumpy unless I added a ton of water to make it like a fuzzy juice. It got poured into the toilet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables