Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello - New to this
Posted by: avanahall ()
Date: September 04, 2006 12:55PM

Hello,

The past years my body has been slowly breaking down - I had a hair analysis done just recently that showed I was deficient in almost every nutrient.

My naturpathic doctor prescribed vitamins and mineral supliments and wow, even though I got them at cost, it was a huge amount of money.

So I see that its time for a change, I bought the Breville Juice Fountain Plus thanks to Marcos on this board and will soon receive it.

This is my question, my body has always craved the junk foods, processed, white foods. I have never grabed for fruits or veggies......

I have to make this change but am afraid I will fail -

Does the craving for the bad stuff go away? and does the body start to enjoy the good stuff?

Anyone have any good wisdom to share?

Thank you

Christine

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello - New to this
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 04, 2006 02:49PM

Sure. Your intuition is right. You reach a fulcrum or leverage point where eating healthy...kind of makes you interolerant / sensitive to crap! Ha! ha! That makes it easier.

-As to getting easier? My opinion is the following: If there is greater nutrition and health in raw food.....then craving other things must be a toxic reaction (a way to stop a detox dump prematurely).........OR more likely an emotional thing. As such...only addressing the emotional need will result in long-term health.

-Just my experiences.

-David Mason

Date: September 04, 2006 07:15PM

Thank you David for your wisdom :-)
Its much appriciated!

Christine

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: September 05, 2006 02:42AM

Just don't expect to be perfect. Everyone slips up sometimes. Just get back on the wagon.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 05, 2006 07:21AM

Christine,

Not sure what vit/minerals you're buying but I suggest adding in Plantation Blackstrap Molasses. Although it's not raw, it has wonderful minerals in it to preserve your natural hair color.

I used to love a Burger King Kids' Meal. But since going raw, I found that I get sick when I eat the meat/junk food. So, I stick to what my body tells me to do.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: September 05, 2006 05:31PM

Hi There,
I would recommend the book for you called The Pleasure Trap by Goldhammer. He explains why we crave the things we do. He also outlines how long it takes for the body to get over their addictions. It takes three weeks for your taste buds to change, so hang in there and don't give upsmiling smiley

Cecilia

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Date: September 09, 2006 11:53AM

Therese said:

Not sure what vit/minerals you're buying but I suggest adding in Plantation Blackstrap Molasses. Although it's not raw, it has wonderful minerals in it to preserve your natural hair color.

When you say "preserve" would that work for a person who already has a lot of grey? Are you saying that nutritional deficencies has alot to do with going grey? I am pre-mature grey and this has brought to my mind a huge question mark.

Thanks!

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 10, 2006 05:05AM

yeah! juicing is a great idea for you.

fruit and green juice can even provide enough minerals to begin restoring your hair color.

I also suggest indulging sometimes. Not on milk-icecream pur se. but raw chocolate banana strawberry supreme etc etc... and if you do "fall off the wagon" its ok, hop back on baby!

good adventures to you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables