Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A Different Take On Vitamin D
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: October 08, 2010 07:46PM

Vitamin D has come up a few times here before, and it's understandably a big concern for raw vegans, who do not eat food that has been supplemented with D.

I certainly respect the opinions and expertise of the other contributors, but I feel that D supplementation is being oversold without regard to what the consequences may be.

There's significant reason to believe that D supplements are not effective in preventing problems associated with D deficiency, and that they bring on additional medical problems themselves, as is often the case with vitamin supplements of many types as well as drugs and cures in general.

I think most people are unaware of just how much evidence against D supplements is out there, and that experts are starting to shy away from the supplement-happy suggestions they were issuing before.

For an in-depth look at the Vitamin D supplement issue, check out my article here:[www.raw-food-health.net]

Happy sunning smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Different Take On Vitamin D
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: October 09, 2010 06:07AM

Absolutely agree!

Also check out my article here.

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: October 09, 2010 10:59AM

Great articles.

I completely agree. I don't trust supplements or supplement companies, and the latest information is vitamin d deficiency is an epidemic that people just are not making enough, well how come, presumably HUmans have survived thousands of years in both warm and cold climates, without a laboratory made supplement, so how come it is now such a problem.

If the vit d deficiencies are so wide spread it is probably all to do with people being advised to use sunscreens the last 30 years and putting them on their children who are now the adults with the epidemic vit d deficiencies.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 12, 2010 02:08AM

Nice article. Thanks.

Aren't B12 shots toxic though?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2010 02:08AM by rawgosia.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 12, 2010 05:19AM

Here is one list of side effects, it does not look like a harmless option: [vitamins.lovetoknow.com]

So what's your opinion on the toxicity of it, RusticBohemian?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables