Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Does Doug Graham look old??
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: November 13, 2010 06:39AM

As I've said on pborst's thread, these sorts of arguments are quite ridiculous, where we're looking at ONE man v another man.

To draw any meaningful conclusions about a link between diet and appearance, a sample size of hundreds of people at minimum would be required.

We all know of people in their sixties plus who look VERY good, who are following a standard, omnivorous diet. Shall we take one of them, put them next to a raw fooder and say 'That proves it. Raw food is ageing'?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: November 13, 2010 04:18PM

When I'm 60 years old, if you'all start posting my pic on a message board and asking if I "look old," I'm going to have to find out where you live and personally give you a new hobby. :p It's called exercise!

P.S. Looking old is subjective. Old is subjective.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: November 13, 2010 07:24PM

When Graham picture was posted everybody was saying how fit he was for his age, how athletic he was at 60, now when comparing him with another rawfoodist every body is complaining that the comparison is not fair.

White against white skin, same age, same time on raw food, two different conflicting approaches to raw food, what else do we need to compare? What we are really comparing is the long term effect on the body of a particular raw food diet, where else to look but at the guru himself.

I thought this was a forum where we are to make our case for a point of view, I have always presented my arguments with respect against other view point, if that make somebody to leave the forum because they are upset because their view point did not prevail so be it, it makes the forum dynamic to amicably disagree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 07:27PM by madinah.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: November 13, 2010 07:28PM

debbietook Wrote:
> We all know of people in their sixties plus who
> look VERY good, who are following a standard,
> omnivorous diet. Shall we take one of them, put
> them next to a raw fooder and say 'That proves it.
> Raw food is ageing'?

LOL. Good point. My 80-something year old grandmother looks 60 and people believe it's the 100% Irish genes.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 13, 2010 07:32PM

I have to agree with your points madinah you make at the start of the post above about when the fit picture was posted etc.

Anyway i havent read Dougs book so i cant critique other information within it, but if some of his videos are to base on im not sure why he's considered a guru other than his personality he seems like a down to earth nice guy, but his candida knowledge was shocking in them videos.

Genetics also play a role in aging, diet and supplementation can only go so far, we could have two on the same diets and lifestyle and one may look older than the other.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 07:36PM by powerlifer.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables