Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How about some hair regrowth info.?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 29, 2010 11:15PM

I have noticed a bit more "scalp" showing lately on my crown than I am comfortable with. A bit more forehead too, lol. I have a "double crown" also, and that adds to the issue...

Anyone here sucessfully treat hair loss? I know about saw palmetto/stinging nettle extract and other DHT blockers, but I also do not want to raise estrogen levels in the process of trying to regrow hair.

My dad lost most of his hair by the time he was in his late 30's; I am 43 & have a B-day in a couple of months so I feel that I am ahead of the game to an extent.

I have been fairly high raw for about three years, vegan for ten, no processed junk & I don't take any supplements. I know of a few guys who have used Finasteride/Rogaine, but I am not into that at all. No synthetic chemicals for me, thank you.

Plus, I haven't noticed much improvement in their hair situation...

Please don't tell me it's in the cards for me! I am not into "bald", lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How about some hair regrowth info.?
Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: October 30, 2010 10:56PM

Barry Carter. Articles on various ORMUS related subjects can be found at: ... Hair growth patterns and thickness (this would include baldness and hair ...
www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/faq.htm

B Vits Folic acid and Botin...
Copper ORMUS
Silicon
You might try aloe gel with papain/bromelain enzymes also
Papaya or kiwi rubbed on scalp overnight
green smoothies with kale
Kelp and spirulina for minerals
Fulvic acid

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 31, 2010 02:30AM

Thanks!

I'll check all that out.

"Papaya or kiwi rubbed on scalp overnight" - I never heard of that, but I saw Matt Monaech rub stinging nettles on his scalp...

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 31, 2010 07:33AM

also remember that some people are just plain weird. Be careful not to go chasing rainbows on this one.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: October 31, 2010 12:35PM

What about low level laser therapy?

[www.hlcconline.com]

If you take surgery and propecia off the table and you know about saw palmetto, there aren't a lot of alternatives left.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 31, 2010 05:26PM

apparently some old gypsy cure of rinsing scalp with green coffee or green tea is gaining some merit smiling smiley

apparently it stimulates the scalp and reduces inflamation of the hair follicles both conditions being a problem with hair loss

i wonder if you could source the original make up of rogaine/minoxidil and see where it derives from you could potentially make up some sort of home-brew smiling smiley (ie:asprin compounds come from many types of willow bark)

just a thought smiling smiley

also be sure not to be scrubbing your scalp with your fingernails .. a hairdresser told me along time ago never to use fingernails on scalp always use the pads of your fingers as the nails scratch and tear at the follicles and hair causing damage right at the root .. makes sense on a microscopic level for sure smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2010 05:29PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 06, 2010 09:10AM

One of the most common reasons especially in woman for hair loss or hair thinning is hypothyroidism so if you haven't already, check your basal body temperature first thing in the morning.

Adding an iodine source such as seaweeds is never a bad idea as its a hard nutrient to get on a vegan diet.

Other than that it really depends on the cause of hair loss, DHT blockers as you mentioned will help if DHT is the problem. Silica is great for the hair, skin, connective tissue etc, the best sources are green leafy vegetables, food grade diatomaceous earth, nettle leaf, seaweeds and rice bran.

Posted by: Manolie ()
Date: November 06, 2010 03:00PM

Losing 25 loose hairs a day is acceptable-normal. More than that is often an indication of low levels of Biotin which is a water-soluble vitamin important for growth (hair grows, ask my hairdresser) and normal body function because it is a key element in gluconeogenesis,as well as the synthesis of fatty acids and certain proteins, some amino acid metabolism,and in the course of things maintaining energy, immunity, and skin health. While you can buy a daily supply of 5,000 mcg as I do, which works out to about thirteen cents a day, you can meet some of your needs with whole grains, brewer' yeast, and soy beans, while your neighbors are getting it largely from meats, cooked eggs, poultry, milk, and ocean fish. Not getting enough? You may have some or all of these symptoms of its deficiency: hair loss, depression, anemia, elevated blood sugar, irritations of the skin and mucous membranes, difficulty sleeping (even insomnia), nausea, a sore tongue, reduced appetite, and muscular pains with no other attributable cause. There are many causes for a deficiency. Some of these are such things as consuming raw egg whites, consumiing heated fats and oils, taking antibiotics and sulfa drugs, even saccharin. That thirteen cents a day is sounding better and better the more I think of it!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 08, 2010 12:39AM

I once heard a master cosmetologist say that washing one's hair every single day with a pH optimized, moisturizing shampoo was great for hair growth and regrowth. Also, have you tried Ovations Hair Products? I have not, but I know a few people that have tried it. They are pleased with their results (not dramtic results, but results none the less).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 09, 2010 12:07AM

Some studies have shown that high fat and high animal product diets contribute to hair loss. However, if you are unwilling to take drugs such as Finasteride (and there's no guarantee that that would help), you will probably have to come to terms with the fact your loss is genetic, and that it will progress relentlessly as you age, no matter what you do to try to prevent it.

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: November 10, 2010 09:26PM

I think David Wolfe says that Hemp seed is good for hair regrowth.

Not sure about that... as much as I put hemp into our green smoothies, my DH is still a bit "thin on top"...

but, as he says, he has better things to do with his hormones than grow hair. smiling smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables