Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw for a week, how is my food intake?
Posted by: Doktormartini ()
Date: October 31, 2010 05:18AM

I have been raw for two weeks yay me! I would like you to take a look at my food logs for the weeks and see how I am doing so far. I haven't really noticed any benefits yet, but prior to this raw I was a healthy vegan that ate raw foods when I felt like it. Here are the logs:
[doktormartini.wordpress.com]

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw for a week, how is my food intake?
Date: October 31, 2010 05:26AM

I forgot to add that I am sorry for not putting quantities of food. I don't measure...just take what I want. The green smoothies however are all a quart or more a day. Salads usually consist of 3-4 handfuls of the greens mentioned.
Thanks again!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 31, 2010 05:22PM

looks like you are getting lots of variety ! good for you ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 31, 2010 09:37PM

The only problem is I've been at this for 2 weeks and I haven't noticed anything different yet. I didn't go through a detox nor did I get more energy like I've read everywhere. Is it just because it's only been 2 weeks? I read all these stories of people going raw and after only like 3 or 4 days their energy is off the roof and they feel great! I feel great, but I felt great before I was all raw as well.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: October 31, 2010 09:52PM

What was your diet like before raw? It is possible you had a good lifestyle before raw and you may not experience a heavy detox.

Your diet is looking good so far. smiling smiley Your dinners seem to be getting light, though so make sure you are getting enough nutrients the rest of the day..

Date: October 31, 2010 11:43PM

Also forgot to mention that I take spirulina tablets daily and also a b12 spray almost daily.

My diet before raw was vegan and what I thought was healthy but turns out it wasn't because I ate a LOT of bread. I never ate junk food that much however I would eat regular vegan desserts. I'd still eat raw foods as well just not regularly with a set quantity like if I saw a raw recipe that looked good I'd make it.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: November 01, 2010 12:21AM

It looks like a lot of bad combinations and processed raw, which many of us transitioned on, but I think eventually a more simple diet, of fresh fruits & vegetables, with little to no oils, salts/soy sauces, spices, sweeteners/syrups, dried foods, is ideal.

Pretty good for the beginning! smiling smiley Sounds delicious. Just keep focused on more fresh produce.

Date: November 04, 2010 05:26AM

I was talking about this on another forum and some of the people said that my diet was too "processed" raw and too high in fat. What are your thoughts? How are your diets?

Date: November 04, 2010 11:31PM

Through the years I have come to accept that some folks prefer to process the raw foods into something spectacular, while others prefer to keep it simple. I prefer to keep it simple. Most books have recipes that are blended or chopped or processed or dehydrated and few focus on whole foods. (For example... Sunfood Diet Success will list 10 satsumas as a "meal" whereas Alissa's book will blend and dehydrate for a day in order to make a "burrito", and Juliano will have 20 ingredients for a salad. smiling smiley

So... each to their own.

How do you feel? Are you experiencing heartburn or gas or cramping? If so then go simple, if not, then do what you love.

Date: November 05, 2010 05:47AM

I was feeling the same as when I am a cooked vegan. My goal for going raw is to quit eating bread because I eat a lot of it. I want to also feel what it's like to get a little more energy because every where I read people keep saying that when they went raw they got a spike in energy.

Date: November 05, 2010 06:45AM

It is odd that you don't feel different after giving up cooked food and "a lot" of bread. Just giving up the bread should have made you feel light and alive. Odd. Maybe you should go more simple in the diet.

Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: November 05, 2010 12:17PM

Doktormartini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was talking about this on another forum and some
> of the people said that my diet was too
> "processed" raw and too high in fat. What are
> your thoughts? How are your diets?

Try increasing your intake of fruit and decreasing your intake of fat (e.g. avocado, nuts, seeds, olives, oils). Eating the majority of your food truly raw (i.e. not dehydrated) and whole will make it easier to tell how much fat you are taking in.

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 05, 2010 08:13PM

Doktormartini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been raw for two weeks yay me! I would
> like you to take a look at my food logs for the
> weeks and see how I am doing so far. I haven't
> really noticed any benefits yet, but prior to this
> raw I was a healthy vegan that ate raw foods when
> I felt like it. Here are the logs:
> [doktormartini.wordpress.com]
> -i-ate-raw-today/
>
> z/
> -log/
> /
> -2/
> [doktormartini.wordpress.com]-
> for-yesterday-oct-25/
> 2/
> 3/
> 4/
> /
> z/
> -2/
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank
> you!

A general comment, when you make a food log, you need to put in how much, even roughly of what you eat, in cups for the most part. I can't comment because when you say "green smoothie" without units, that could mean a small 8 ounce glass or a quart and a half. And there's a difference. Best.

Paul

Date: November 07, 2010 05:54PM

Pborst, green smoothies were always at LEAST a quart. As for the rest, I don't know because I didn't measure. I can't say, but salads were in huge bowls. That doesn't help much...

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 07, 2010 06:19PM

Dont forget the seaweeds for iodine, which is a hard nutrient to get on a vegan diet.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 09, 2010 03:34PM

My rule of thumb is to strive for raw, organic, variety, base forming (alkaline) and as unprocessed as possible. Don't worry your head too much about the quantity of food intake, let your body decide.
Cheers geo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables