Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eating your way to God
Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: November 02, 2010 10:31PM

I know God to be be 100% edible. The most nutritious parts being the sunlight and the living water. Its not so much what you eat that matters, its what you don't eat that counts. Hence fasting is the fastest way to God...as long as there is plenty of sunlight and living water to be had.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eating your way to God
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 03, 2010 04:38AM

Wow, people in the rain forest are screwed then!

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 03, 2010 07:23AM

yawn !

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:30PM

God made everything including apple, banana

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:51PM

um.ok

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:18PM

I also find that when I fast, that is, live for a period of time on only water and sunlight, that I experience God. The fasting slows down my mind, and I find myself thinking less and getting quiet in my mind. But I can also attain this state without fasting, by meditations or yoga or simply allowing myself to be without though.

That being said, I think that the non-edible stuff is also God. What is not God after all?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 04, 2010 06:56AM

haha,nice find

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: November 04, 2010 02:28PM

I mean everything we experience we are influenced by and it becomes us...hence "edible."

CONNECTION POWER—The top dog gets brain damage also, because it is stressful to have to exert neg-power in order to try and actively maintain dominance. And our own health suffers when we enforce our will at the expense of another's sovereignty. For individual Source connection, sovereignty and equality are the deeper truth beyond all differences. It is not that hierarchy should not exist, but that all systems that come from predatory and parasitic motivations, rather than sustainable husbandry, have to enforce neg-power. And since it is neg-power that causes anti-life/anti-consciousness chemistry and a separation from cosmic connection the primitive modes of social control will have to ultimately be won over in order to let the human species evolve. If we don't evolve out of our present unsustainable de=stressed state, we will regress and become even more unconscious and unfeeling...and the physical support systems on the planet collapse under the weight of our brutality. The solution to the devolution of the species is increased spiritual consciousness and using our full innate human capacities through connection power…a gardening and greening of the life giving force of Life in the universe.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 04, 2010 10:31PM

last time I checked "G"od with capital G was a christian spelling. I understand that the forum boundries preclude economics and politics but not religion. Just wondering where it stops. Best.

Paul

p.s. fwiw I think spirituality and religiousity are different, possibly overlapping concepts. Feeling connected and spiritual does not necessarily connote a higher power though some may embrance one. Though I am not religious and do not believe in a higher power, I consider myself highly spiritual as opposed to highly materialistic. YMMV.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 05, 2010 03:35PM

Paul

Maybe there are different conventions but the way I learned it god/goddess is lower case except when used as a proper name, so God Indra is among the many Hindu gods and goddesses --

[www.sanatansociety.org]

Hmm, checking back at that link the heading reads -

Hindu Gods and Goddesses
Introduction to hindu gods and hindu goddesses

Ha, it was actually difficult for me to write "hindu" lower case like the link did, the proper name Hindu always capitalized, otherwise it reads fine, IMO

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 03:47PM by loeve.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: November 05, 2010 04:36PM

I have not noticed that anyone abused the freedom here to mention religion. I am a Christian, but I enjoyed reading Prana's and other people's views of God, and I don't see a problem with that. Raw food is often closely related to spirituality, which is, for the most of us, related to God (and this spelling is not only Christian but used in many other faiths).

Date: November 05, 2010 08:01PM

loeve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Paul
>
> Maybe there are different conventions but the way
> I learned it god/goddess is lower case except when
> used as a proper name, so God Indra is among the
> many Hindu gods and goddesses --
>
> [www.sanatansociety.org]
> sses.htm
>
> Hmm, checking back at that link the heading reads
> -
>
> Hindu Gods and Goddesses
> Introduction to hindu gods and hindu goddesses
>
>
> Ha, it was actually difficult for me to write
> "hindu" lower case like the link did, the proper
> name Hindu always capitalized, otherwise it reads
> fine, IMO

Loeve,

I'm inclined to agree with you. At least a capital G always meant a proper noun meaning a particular "god" for one or more religions, which leaves the issue of excluding or marginalizing forum members not affiliated with that religion. Unfortunately, I think rab is right on this one. Mea culpa. At least if you believe Wikipedia, and I usually do if the page is not contested. God with a capital "G" does have Christian origins but is also an english translation of "Abrahamic" religions (I know, I wondered what the hell it meant also, basically Judaism, Christianity and Islam). I always throught that Allah was the preferred Islamic term but I see I am in error. Funny, we can discuss religion but not politics or economics. Interesting boundries! Will have to point out the irony of that to John if he sees the irony. He may not.

Paul

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 08:03PM by pborst.

Date: November 05, 2010 10:06PM

The wikipedia article says it well as do you, Paul and rab.
I thought God and Allah were fairly synonymous. Am I missing something?*

"Abrahamic religions"

I know about Abraham, the one who was about to sacrifice his first born son and instead sacrificed a ram that was entangled in a nearby thicket, all while listening to God. It was originally a tough read for me but the story dates back thousands of years to a time when human sacrifice was practiced, and now seems to me a very early move away from that. The sons of Abraham spread out to settle the region, most of which is now Islamic, with the obvious exception of Israel. When the Wikipedea article talks of the Abrahamic religions as having a common god it means the god of their common father Abraham.

"Allah is the standard Arabic name for God. While the term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God, it is used by Arabs of all Abrahamic faiths, including Mizrahi Jews, Bahá'ís, Eastern Orthodox Christians and Eastern Catholic Christians, in reference to God." [en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 10:20PM by loeve.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 06, 2010 06:42AM

pborst Wrote:
> I always throught that Allah was the
> preferred Islamic term but I see I am in error.
>

I didn't get that interpretation. What 'error' are you referring to? I have lived in many Arabic countries and Allah was always the word used.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 06, 2010 01:22PM

God is from Anglo Saxon(though some sources believe it's a corruption of Gotama, from the Buddha, which supposes no deity[sigh]). Allah is Arabic but means the same thing, so if you don't feel like using an Arabic word, using God means the same thing. I am anti-semantics this morning, I guess smiling smiley

What was this thread about again? Oh, yes, a non literal interpretation of Communion, a word I like because it indicates connection with the spiritual realm through a ritual. I guess for raw foodists, eating a bowl of mango is the equivalent of partaking of wafer and wine? If so, much preferable.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 06, 2010 08:24PM

"I want to believe."
-Fox Mulder, X-Files

Posted by: rab ()
Date: November 06, 2010 10:24PM

I would say that I did not give up eating animal meat due to moral reasons, but because I am not made and/or meant to eat it. My motives are strictly realistic - simply my body needs fresh, live food. I am not a wolf or a bear. Even for them, it is not good to eat processed meat.
But, I couldn't help but noticing that somehow humans and monkeys who eat fruit and veggies, thus damaging life on earth the least of all - are the smartest on the planet.
Now, spiritual world is not necessarily connected with IQ, though it could be, I don't know.
So, I am just practical with my diet, I eat the healthiest food I can, according to my knowledge. But, I have been also surprised to notice how much of these smart advice about one's diet were incorporated in Christian Orthodox church, as well as Buddhism and some other religions. So, our ancestors tried hard to save the knowledge for us. Over time, the real message was not completely saved, but rituals and practices often served as a preservation method. The message is universal. We are to notice higher, universal power and act accordingly. At least that is how I read it.

Date: November 07, 2010 10:44AM

I've read about Buddhism but never really learned it --

"...Eating a vegetarian diet helps ensure that the cycle of karmic retribution will be purified:

"If you don't eat animals, they won't eat you. If you don't kill them, they won't kill you.

"Other foods that may fall into the "forbidden" category include "the Five Pungent Spices." This refers to onions, scallions, chives, garlic, etc. Traditionally, Buddhists have believed that a person who eats these foods will suffer the following ill effects:

"His blood and flesh will be rejected by the gods, and the heavens will distance themselves far from him.

"His breath is always foul; therefore, all gods and saints will reject him.

"If eaten cooked, these foods will arouse lust and cause explosive temper.

"If eaten raw, they will increase one's anger and cause bad body odor that will not please the gods but will stimulate interested "hungry ghosts" who will hover around and kiss one's lips. Being near ghosts is believed to hinder one's enlightenment.
"Today, however, many vegetarians around the world, including some Buddhists, may eat the Five Pungent Spices without reservation. For Buddhists, this depends on such factors as the person's degree of adherence to their faith, whether they are practicing Buddhism along with other faiths, and their geographic location."

[www.minoritynurse.com]

So it seems to me in Buddhism vegetarianism is natural, healthful, developes good karma and is pleasing to the gods and saints (with variances depending on the branch of Buddhism).

Date: November 09, 2010 04:02PM

I like what janabanana wrote re 'Connecton Power'.

Re the god issue. Who is God? What is it's name? Cause God is a title, not a name. Each culture has it's form of worship...And what is culture, but a way of living that's based on a social system, and the meanings that are applied to it...Hence, who is to say that their particular culture (including their form of worship) is better than another???

Re Wikipedia. It's ok for the casual user, but it may not be accurate. At my Uni, if a student cites 'wikipedia' as an academic source for an essay they are failed.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 09, 2010 04:41PM

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

-- from the Tao Te Ching

Date: November 09, 2010 09:48PM

When you fast it brings your body under subjection so you can listen. It is wonderful when fasting to just meditate, drink some water, inhale the fresh air, and soak in some sunshine.

Date: November 09, 2010 10:54PM

Prana,

Beautiful. Thank you.

Paul

Prana Wrote:
> The tao that can be told
> is not the eternal Tao
> The name that can be named
> is not the eternal Name.
>
> The unnamable is the eternally real.
> Naming is the origin
> of all particular things.
>
> Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
> Caught in desire, you see only the
> manifestations.
>
> Yet mystery and manifestations
> arise from the same source.
> This source is called darkness.
>
> Darkness within darkness.
> The gateway to all understanding.
>
> -- from the Tao Te Ching

Date: November 10, 2010 12:46AM

Juliet:
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables