Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Baked Sweet Goods
Posted by: greenman ()
Date: September 05, 2006 08:02PM

Everytime I eat baked sweet goods (usually at work because of convenience)I feel heavy, I get mood swings, and acne breakouts.

Anyone know why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2006 08:03PM by greenman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Baked Sweet Goods
Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 05, 2006 11:02PM

Baked carbs are one of the worste foods in my opinion.

1) all it is is sugar (starch turns to sugar when baked)
2) that much sugar hitting your blood is a drug that will eventually lead to hypoglycemia, diabetes, also heart and neurological disorders
3)baked carbs form a substance called acrylimide, which is essentially a toxic plastic substance, baked goods are carcinigenic (cancer causing)
4)messes with your horomones
5)drains minerals and vitality (which is why you crash and burn)
6)is highly addictive (possibly more so than alcohol, marijuana etc...)

Re: Baked Sweet Goods
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 05, 2006 11:25PM

Most baked sweet foods contain a lot of fat. Its is the combination of fat and starch that presents a harder to digest combination.

Also, grains contain opioids. This is what makes wheat so addictive. These opioids also sedate the body, so people often feel calmer and more grounded after eating wheat. This is also what makes grains addictive, as opioids are addictive.

What helped me in getting free of wheat products (and they were the last cooked foods that I always wanted) was to eat more sweet fruit. The simple carbohydrates in fruit satisfies the body's hunger for carbohydrates, rather than resorting to cooked starch products.

I agree with innervegetable about the acrylamides. This toxin also contributes to the addictive nature of the food. Also, she mentioned that grains drain minerals. The mineral they drain is calcium, as grains contain phytic acid and the body will draw calcium to neutralize acids in the diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2006 12:03AM by Bryan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables