Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

twinkie diet
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: November 08, 2010 08:31PM

Although this might not be the best place for this, I think it needs to be looked at. And, no, I won't be doing this for anything in the world.

[www.cnn.com]

david

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: twinkie diet
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 08, 2010 08:40PM

This is a new trend now: eating fast food to lose weight. It is interesting to me how fatuous the goalset is; all that matters is quick weight loss. In 20 years I would expect to suffer from all kinds of serious health repercussions if I ate nothing but Twinkies for months on end. But no one speculates about this in estimating the value of this or that fast food based diet. And vegetarians still get called out as extremists. It's bizarre.

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: November 08, 2010 08:49PM

yeah, they base the numbers on two months of eating this way. Why would the nutritionist stop if he believed it was worth doing?

david

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 08, 2010 09:00PM

Tamukha,
Don't people call anything outside of the basic four extreme? I know my in law would consider the twinkie diet extreme. So, perhaps they aren't singling out vegetarians as 'extreme'. I got called a fanatic at one workplace because I avoided junk food. The general thought is that of 'moderation'. I don't quite get it, because I can't see any harm in avoiding thigns that are known to be unhealthy. So, I question the sense of 'moderation' because that can mean different things to different people, so much so that it almost doesn't mean anything.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 08, 2010 09:13PM

What ever happened to just eating a healthy varied diet and a little exercise to lose weight naturally.

Hes still following the same principles of weight loss less calories in than he expends. So why not do that with healthy nutritious foods rather than junk.

Crazy world, its the exact type of diet crap that plagues womans magazines, no wonder alot of woman have such a bad view on eating.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: November 08, 2010 09:23PM

If you read the article, you'll notice that he consumes a protein shake, multivitamins, as well as vegetables along with his twinkies.

I think the better lesson in this that many seem to be missing in that the 'markers' that we use to assess health currently aren't very good. For one, weight is used as a measure of fitness, and it just isn't the case.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 08, 2010 09:44PM

I did read the rest but a protein shake, some synthetic multivitamins and 4 sticks of celery wont do much to prevent him getting severely ill on the long run.

These kind of diets usually rebound also the weight you have lost comes back just as quick when you resume your normal dietary habits. Just seems abit insane when he could have ate a normal healthy varied diet and just cut the calories.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 09, 2010 12:45AM

Would love to see the results of this "diet" over 6 months or a year. Let the body utilize its fatty stores then watch the metabolism completely tank and the weight gain begin. Ten weeks isn't even long enough for insulin resistence to kick in. But hey... for a short term weight loss solution, I guess the proof is in the pudding. LOL

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 09, 2010 01:07PM

I think its supposed to give people some permission to eat as they please. I am not sure thats an entirely great idea, considering the thought that a twinkie could be something desired. If your going to 'cheat' with something unhealthy, a twinkie just doesn't seem like maximium use of 'indulgence'.

Doesn't make much sense to me. Its been years and years since I have had a twinkie, I can't say that I am missing anything. But to some people I guess life just isn't worth living without one for some reason.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:49PM

Oh goodness, no. No twinkie diets. Those have a shelf life of 15 years.

[www.BarleyDistributor.com]

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: November 10, 2010 09:19PM

Did anyone ask him during this "Hey, so where do you get your protein?"

(yes, I know he drank a "protein shake" each day)

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables