Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Calling all exotic fruit experts!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 10, 2010 03:08AM

I was in a Vietnamese 'hood the other day and entered a produce market. There was a red fruit with layers on it. You know the color of prickly pears when they are red? This fruit was that shade of red, and it had leaf layers, sort of like an artichoke. It was about the size of a jumbo Florida avocado...Anyone know what I saw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Calling all exotic fruit experts!
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: November 10, 2010 03:25AM

I'm no expert, but it sounds like dragon fruit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 03:28AM by veghunter.

Date: November 10, 2010 04:29AM

That's it, I think! Do you know what it tastes like and how soft or firm it should be? I should've just bought one but the price was a bit steep...

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: November 10, 2010 04:54AM

Although dragon fruit look amazing, I find their flavour a little disappointing. Vaguely like kiwi fruit. I've never bought one upripe (I don't think), so the one you've bought is probably ripe.

Date: November 10, 2010 05:12AM

Yeah, I was just reading that they said it tastes like a cross between a kiwi and...cuke? Can't recall but I recently had a star fruit for the first time and it was aight, but to me it was the same: kiwi/cuke. I don't know if I had a ripe one or what but it wasn't anything to write home about. Although I loved slicing those star shapessmiling smiley

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:48PM

I'm not a big fan of dragonfruit; I tried one a few weeks ago. Watery, kinda weird...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables