Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

non-grain rejuvelacs?
Posted by: Non ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:07PM

Hi is it possible to make rejuvelac from bean sprouts?

I just drank some after having soaked adzuki beans in water over night, then filling it with water and drank it after like 5 hours. It was really carbonated and tasted like lemony or vinegary. Wasn't bad at all.

How about from seeds or nuts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 10:09PM by Non.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: non-grain rejuvelacs?
Posted by: Non ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:14PM

ok, well ten minutes after drinking this rejuvelac from the adzuki beans it's giving me (I think it's from that) pain in my...lower right torso. Not sure if this is liver or kidney or intestine. It's a sort of gassy pain too.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:42PM

Grains and beans do not have the same chemical make-up. I don't recall Ann Wigmore, the creator of Rejuvelac, ever mentioning a non-grain version, though she did advocate the eating of sprouts. Hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: November 15, 2010 09:35AM

Friendly bacteria are produced during the first period of fermentation, it is not a process unique to grain. Beans should also.
Some vegies are more or less bacteria generating. Cabbage is probably one the best. [www.newmediaexplorer.org]

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 15, 2010 09:55AM

If your using it to repopulate your good flora then you could go with water kefir which is similar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables