Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wife says I stink real bad.
Posted by: ventures ()
Date: November 15, 2010 02:25AM

Hello All
Have a slight problem, my wife says i have a foul oder all over my body. I have been eating 80% raw for 6 months and have lost close to 50 pounds. My wife still eats the SAD diet and so do my 3 kids. I mostly eat fruit nuts,seeds and a small salad in the day time and have a large salad at night. I drink water and 1 green juice daily. below I will list my typical day.

Apples - 4 a day
Bananas - 2 a day
Sweet grapefruits - 4 a day
Sometimes I eat grapes, peaches and plums.

Salad consist of

Bag Romaine Lettece
Bag Spinash
Red Onions
White Onions
Red and Green Peppers
celery
Cucumbers
raisins
grapes
walnuts
Assorted Fat Free Salad Dressings.

Green Juice:
Spinash
romaine lettece
bananas
apples
peaches

The green juice is all mixed together in a high power blender not a juicer.

I must tell you that I never buy Organic and eat everything according to the season. I also put chicken in my salad every now and then.

My question is could it be something that i'm eating that is making my wife gag.
I don't smell the oder but she says it's there.

Has anyone else experienced this and what was the cause of your oder.

Would like to get to the bottom of this because I can see myself sleeping on the couch if I don't find the cause.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wife says I stink real bad.
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 15, 2010 02:29AM

Try cutting out the onions. If you use garlic (or any vegetable related to onions, say like shallots or scallions), cut that out also.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: November 15, 2010 02:30AM

What kind of an odor is it? Sweet? Vinegary? Sulfur-like?

Posted by: ventures ()
Date: November 15, 2010 03:53AM

My wife says I smell like the times I would come home from a long day at the Gardenburger plant. I worked for Gardenburger for 5 years and some production days I would stink of all the spices and ingrediantes.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: November 15, 2010 04:00AM

My guess is this:

Red Onions
White Onions

Assorted Fat Free Salad Dressings. - Sometimes these have spices, garlic, anchovies, ect.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 15, 2010 07:33AM

Take a bath.

(kidding!)

Avoid the allium families - onions, garlic, shallots, etc.

Weight loss is a stinky affair. When the body metabolizes the contents of fat cells it has to get rid of the toxins also stored in those cells.

Drink lots of water to flush your system of toxins. Lots and lots and lots of water.

Ask wife to be patient and understanding and when the fat loss slows down so will the odor. You can help the situation by showering more often (using a water filter if possible to help with the detox). Shower before bed so you won't be banned to the sofa. smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 16, 2010 02:41AM

I believe that eating a high-raw diet like yours would lead to constant detox of all the stuff you've eaten for all those years on SAD. Another thing that really jumped out at me is whether or not your wife may be subconsciously trying to derail your positive changes! People get very threatened by others doing positive things. Is your wife overweight? Does she see how good you look and feel and know in her heart that she should do the same thing? I don't know about the onions. I mean, did she ever complain about you stinking BEFORE this? And I am sure you ate garlic and onions on SAD.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 19, 2010 08:45PM

I notice that you have not responded again. I am curious about if your wife needs to lose weight. Even those close to us can not be in our corner and this is a very important point. I read another poster on here talking about co-workers ridiculing the person's raw lunch. If you are embarking on such a radical change, it could be supremely threatening to your wife. Please keep on keepin' on! There are natural deodorants that will assist you during this transistion. Take all negative remarks with a grain of salt.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: November 20, 2010 02:08AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe that eating a high-raw diet like yours
> would lead to constant detox of all the stuff
> you've eaten for all those years on SAD.

This too. Not sure the scientific reasoning behind it. Usually just something about fat holding in toxins and well..toxins smell. I've actually gone through it when doing 30+ day juice fasts do detox/cleanse and lose weight.

Another
> thing that really jumped out at me is whether or
> not your wife may be subconsciously trying to
> derail your positive changes!

LOL. And definitely this!! You could be doing some silly SAD diet and if you are losing weight, your wife/husband would be jealous. It really does not matter what diet you are on.. just like if you ate Mcdonalds and had one of those insane metabolisms where you stayed thin and your friends are fat.. Your friends would hate you. Seriously..go to ANY diet type forum and you will see this topic come up regardless of the forum and diet!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 02:09AM by BackAgain.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 27, 2010 04:57AM

Or maybe his wife is slim and sure of herself and she just thinks that he is more odorific than before. Who knows. Only "venture" knows but he is not venturing to tell us for whatever reason LOLsmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables