Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: fruits give me allergies?
Posted by: Non ()
Date: December 28, 2010 12:39AM

well I dont know why but I thought I posted about how it seems I actually cured my allergy problem by eating raw real fermented saurkraut from the farmer's market.

BUt yea.. thanks guys!!! I am really glad I made this thread and you all helped me out. Although for some reason I thought of this before and actually tried this before but I guess I needed to stick with it. I still get minimal allergies if I eat more than enough but definitely something has changed with the fermented food.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 28, 2010 12:53AM

Fermented food is awesome...and soooo delicious...My favorite is fermented green beans with a hint of jalapeno and garlic...lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: December 28, 2010 01:03AM

Im going to get the perfect pickler. And the book Wild Fermentation. Which green beans do you use? I thought green beans were poisonous raw.. I think it's the common green bean phaseous vulgaris, but Im not sure.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:18AM

The vegetable green beans, not the legume kind of bean. Those are rather bad to eat raw, even sprouted. Those long skinny green beans are fine.

You really don't need the book, the fermenter comes with recipes and a membership to the website, they send me new recipes now and then.

Date: December 28, 2010 12:54PM

what coco said! yeah, its called a "green bean" but its kinda similar to a pea, but longer and skinnier... [www.abceeds.com] I have eaten allot of these raw, I never seemed to have a problem with them, so I dont think they are poisonous, but really, I don't know that for sure,lol. *googles* from what I gather, over in europe there are quite a few varieties of beans called "green beans" they just refer beans which are green... Over here, what we commonly call a green bean, is a "string bean" and heres a nice article I just happened upon...
[davesgarden.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:37PM

Haricot vert, they are usually labeled.

Date: December 28, 2010 01:37PM

thanks tamsmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 28, 2010 03:21PM

well I've gotten effects from eating raw string/green beans.

Not sugar snap peas or snowpeas.

But here's a thread aboutt them:[www.rawfoodinfo.com]

If you eat a little it's probably ok, and if they are young. But mature they are poisonous, or eaten too much even if young.

When I ate them, I could eat a little, but the taste was a bit off. After eating more I figured the taste was off for a reason... and then I noticed that taste becoming irritating to my tastebuds, and also my stomach and digestive system.

Some things taste bad but are good in the stomach. Some taste not so bad but aren't good for the stomach. You gotta be careful but I think taste is closely related to how it will feel or effect the stomach. Just because it tastes weird doesn't mean it will affect the stomach the same way, you have to pay attention to the subleties. A lot of times bad tasting food that is good in the stomach doesn't have the toxic subtle taste that others do. Like for example reishi mushroom tea. tastes horrible, but isn't toxic in the stomach smiling smiley yet doesn't have a subtle toxic aftertaste like green beans. But everything in moderation. Even if green beans don't taste subtly toxic in the small amounts u eat it if you go over that it'll surely tire out your taste buds (and stomach).

So yea... go figure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 03:25PM by Non.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2010 03:38PM

Fermenting is a form of cooking, sort of. I wouldn't eat a bowl of raw cabbage but kraut is another story winking smiley.

Date: December 28, 2010 03:44PM

yeah...green beans have never had a subtle toxic taste to me...never bothered me at all,and I have literally eaten over a pound of raw ones in a single sitting... even more of pickled be4... maybe your extra sensitive to the small amounts of toxins in them (which is almost non-existent in young ones, and still minuscule in older ones according to most of the reading ive been doing on it this morning.)

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables