Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Failed a drug test
Posted by: jcherni ()
Date: November 17, 2010 09:19PM

Ok, this is rediculous but true. I interviewed for a job and got it but had to take the pee test for drugs and the 1st one came back too diluted so they made me take it again. I drank 2 cups of coffee before the test in the morning, nothing else, and it STILL came back too diluted. Needless to say I found out today that they cant hire me b/c I "failed" the drug test! I told them I eat raw and it has more water content than the standard diet but they didnt seem to care. SO...... can anyone tell me if there could be something wrong, or what could be going on? I have only been raw for about a week so its not like my body is even near where its supposed to be clean wise. SO, Im going back to my old way of eating until I get a job b/c at this point I cant pass a drug test. Jill

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Failed a drug test
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 17, 2010 09:23PM

jcherni Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SO, Im going back to my old way of eating
> until I get a job b/c at this point I cant pass a
> drug test.

I think you should get an attorney and sue for your job back.
Take 'eating raw' out of the equation... you did NOT test positive for substance use.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: November 17, 2010 09:24PM

Stop drinking water and eat more dehydrated foods for 1-2 days?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 17, 2010 10:10PM

Agree with RocketShip--call a lawyer. If they can't tell you what exactly about your urine proved you unhireable, that ain't right.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: November 17, 2010 10:17PM

It has nothing to do with raw. If you were on SAD and drank a lot of water, your urine would still be too diluted. Don't even tell them you "eat raw" because that will just make you sound like a freak they don't want working for them. You could just say you eat a lot of fruit and drink a lot of water and stay healthy. So what.

Get a lawyer and sue as Rocketship said. Usually a short consultation is free and you don't pay them until they decide you have a case.

They can't do that. You can't fail a drug test for your urine being too diluted. There's nothing wrong with you. There's something wrong with their test.

Potheads drink a lot of water and go on "detox cleanses" to dilute and flush it out of their system and it actually works. So this is basically what they are accusing you of doing.

Drugs can also be tested by blood so you should get a lawyer that will do a blood test to prove you are clean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2010 10:18PM by BackAgain.

Date: November 17, 2010 10:24PM

Well, Im not sure I want the job anymore if they are going to be such a pain to start with.If I get a lawyer and win I"ll be labeled for life on the job so I cant win. Im sure there is something else that is going to come along, I am waiting to hear back from the hospital, Im a CNA (nurse asst) hopefully THEY will know the difference between a pothead and someone who eats healthy. shesh. Jill

Date: November 17, 2010 11:52PM

Don't worry about that. It is typically the Human Resource department that determines hireability based on drug test results, not the people that you would be working with. Unless it is a very small company. In my opinion, I think proving your innocence would gain respect. I know that I would have no problem hiring and working with someone that stood up for what's right.

Date: November 18, 2010 01:22AM

Well her office is right next to my would have been boss's office so its not like I wouldnt see her often. The more I think about it I would like to prove my "cleanliness" and then tell them Im just not interested in working there anymore. So how is everyone else's urine as you eat raw?? Is it diluted too? IS this normal? My friend that is doing it along with me says her's isnt necessarily diluted and Id say she probably drinks more water than I do. I was going to get a colonic today but knowing they hydrate you MORE I changed my mind until I can figure out what to do. SO you all, can you tell me if your urine is clear or close to it or is it more of a normal yellowish color? Jill

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: November 18, 2010 02:39AM

**Eating raw doesn't make you sound like a freak. It's foreign but if we perpetuate that we're "freaks" because we chose a certain diet, then how can we expect to be relatable? I'm not a freak because I eat human food. I am "different" (in America) because I don't eat hot dogs and cake. It would be cool to live in a country with an actual... cuisine? All the Chinese food places in Philly have signs that say "AMERICAN FOOD" on them and guess what that consists of? Cheesesteaks, sandwiches, hotdogs, burgers, ice cream, french fries... so embarassing. Even worse is how much they destroy their own Chinese food to make it fried, sweet, salty, saucy and cooked enough for Americans. /tangent.

Good luck with your job. I would go about some legal procedures or at least do some research as to what your rights are.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 18, 2010 10:37AM

I agree its nothing to do with the water, ive known loads of drug users who were consuming massive amounts of water to try and pass the test.

I cant see how they'd let you fail the test because it was too diluted, there was no positives or negative readings.

Date: November 18, 2010 03:03PM

If I took a vitamin to make the color yellow next time I have to take a drug test wouldnt that at least make them think its not dilluted b/c it looks at least yellow? I dont want to go back to eating cooked food b/c of this. Jill

Date: November 18, 2010 03:23PM

I wouldnt take the vitamin to be honest, colour doesnt matter anyway. Im sure the tests look for certain urine markers for the suspected drugs.

Not sure why its diluting though, certainly wont be because of your raw diet so dont worry there. Maybe ask them what factors make it too diluted.

Date: November 18, 2010 03:54PM

Its past the asking anything point, Im not even sure they sent it in for analysis b/c of the color alone......... they may have tho'. I just dont get it really but at least I can laugh at it now instead of crying. yawning smiley) Not the job for me apparently. Jill

Posted by: hbc1982 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:56AM

If it happens again, tell them to do a blood test or a hair sample. Those can't get diluated! Fight for your rights!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 19, 2010 08:51PM

I have taken a drug test before and never heard "too diluted" as a reason for suspicion, but I am not really too surprised. I would definitely hit back, even if you really don't care about working there. It's pretty disgusting how we are expected to bow and scrape for the "privilege" of working for others when WE are the ones providing the service and making them a profit! I am surprised that I don't work for myself with my attitude, but I am training for that eventual reality. I cannot stand the mentality of this society and most of the people fall in line like good little sheep (I put myself in this category, by the way). Good luck on your job search and with this issuesmiling smiley

Date: November 19, 2010 08:57PM

banana is right if your are innocent you should kick up a fuss as your reference for another job may include you've failed 2 drug tests.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: November 20, 2010 01:01AM

lol..I failed a urine test today for pregnancy. It was too clear. They didn't bother to check it. LOL Which is great because this doctor was a dumbass anyway and there was no reason to do a pregancny check. What part of can't get pregnant if I didn't have sex did she not understand.

Date: November 20, 2010 03:43AM

Thanks for all your support everyone! The lady was supposed to call HQ and find out what to do b/c they havent ever had anyone have a need for a 3rd test. When she calls me back, if she does, im going to tell her Ive spoken with my attorney AND my Dr to discuss this but Im not going to push it further b/c the job doesnt pay enough for me to even bother. I would like to exonerate (is that how you spell that?) myself but think i'll just let it die. Further prospective employers wont even know about it b/c I wasnt actually hired by them for them to know. The hospital I have a few apps in with does blood AND pee tests so Im good there. Thanks again for all your support.

Posted by: hbc1982 ()
Date: November 20, 2010 05:32AM

Have them do a urine, hair, and blood test so that they have to pay extra money, for a negative test. Milk it lady, and then tell them you are not interested in working for them.

Date: November 20, 2010 06:51PM

They wouldnt do that, they balked at even thinking of paying for a 3rd, that is why I said I would pay for it. Im still in awe of the whole experience, never in a million years would I have thought Id fail the drug test, well, 20 yrs ago I definetely would have, but we wont go there! yawning smiley) Im moving on and looking forward to the next one where i will pray for a blood test instead of urine.

Date: November 22, 2010 08:20AM

If you do take another test and pass it then don't be a jerk and refuse the job. Take the job. I seriously doubt they have a personal vendetta against you because your urine was diluted. It's just business. What would be the point in refusing the job? To 'get them'? If you do that then it will simply justify to them that you were not the right person for the job. And it will burn a bridge.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: November 23, 2010 01:52AM

I recently took a drug test for a job. I knew that I shouldn't use the facilities before leaving home from past experience. I didn't drink any liquids prior to the test either. The urine was quite dark which scared me but I guess everything was alright.

I am gainfully employed so I passed. While I'm not 100% raw vegan as I eat some cooked vegan in terms of veggies and beans, I don't think this should impact the dilution too much. I also supplement with vitamins and minerals suitable for vegetarians/vegans.

Good luck. Therese

Date: November 24, 2010 09:00PM

Rocketship, that would be a jerk wouldnt it? I dont think I would have refused the job if I was really offered it after taking another test, but they havent called so Im pretty sure hired someone else. Oh well, its ok. LIfe101, you didnt use the potty since you got up before the test????? There is no way I could wait even till 8 am to use the potty, altho' when I went when I got up it wasnt diluted at all it was darker than it has been during the day from eating and drinking moderatly. I have a hard time getting my whole amount in so it really wasnt diluted. Congrats on the job, hopefully I can say Im gainfully employed soon too!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: November 27, 2010 04:35AM

JC, To clarify, I used the facilities when I first got up but didn't go again prior to leaving. Yes, that would be difficult to get dressed in the morning and not use the facilities. I did drive about an hour to the testing station and by the time I arrived, I had to be patient until I needed to provide a sample. Wish you better results next time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables