Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sooooo...what are your T-Day plans?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 23, 2010 07:45PM

I will be *ahem* cooking (sorry!) a mostly-vegan dinner for me and my sweetie (I think butter and whipping cream will be the only non-vegan items, besides Quorn which has egg whites). For those who are raw, will you be at home or bringing your stuff to the family gathering? Or do you just not celebrate this day at all?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sooooo...what are your T-Day plans?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 23, 2010 08:08PM

Im in the UK so we dont do thanks giving, what day is it out of interest?

Id love to try recreate the typical thanksgiving meal vegan.

Date: November 23, 2010 08:15PM

It's this Thursday and I just found out that Canada has one, too, but theirs is in Oct., I think. It's always the second-to-last Thurs. in November, I think...Do you know the typical dishes? Or did the pilgrims import them from the Old Country over by here? I will be making stuffing (my fave dish of all), the Quorn fake turkey, sweet potatoes, maybe some turnips, and another absolute fave...green bean casserole with those fried onion thingies! LOL--please no one report this thread for not being raw...It's just that it's a one-time deal, okay? Oh, and I like the canned cranberry gel versus the whole berry, made-from-scratch one. Just a little quirk of mine. I'd like to find a raw cranberry relish actually. Maybe I will crank up the old Google...smiling smiley

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: November 24, 2010 01:34AM

Last year I had Tofurkey and soy ice cream. This year I'm thinking a really delicious spinach salad with avocado and sprouts and olives. Maybe I'll have dates for dessert. No idea. I always hated stuffing but was obsessed with mashed potatoes. I wouldn't not have a little if my mom made some with soy or rice milk. They're so freaking good.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 24, 2010 08:54PM

What are you giving thanks for?

(British resident asking serious question because I really don't know - just incase you thought I was being flippant)

Date: November 24, 2010 09:00PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are you giving thanks for?
>
> (British resident asking serious question because
> I really don't know - just incase you thought I
> was being flippant)

Great question, Flipperjan! I almost forgot about that aspect, LOL. I give thanks for every blessing that has come my way in the past year. I am also grateful for people and ideas I have been turned on to in my 44th yearsmiling smiley

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: November 26, 2010 02:05AM

Detoxing. Drinking lots of water and stuff. I have a straight 6 days straight off from really having to do anything..even my work is super easy this weekend. So trying to take advantage.

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving or any holidays simply because my family sucks. Most people are thankful for their families and the time they have and some of us just don't have that. Some people don't have food or can just about afford it anyway..so that tradition doesn't matter either.

I should be depressed. But I'm not. I'm used to it. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables