Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you Keep It Simple?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2010 07:10PM

I know me and I know how I am. I must keep things simple. I do not have time to cook and prepare all of the wonderful looking dishes I see on the Raw Food websites.

I am sure that I will enjoy these recipes at certain times, but for the most part, I see myself living on green smoothies, salads and peel-n-eat foods.

Are there others out there who survive doing the same?

Can you give some pointers that help you to make it simple?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you Keep It Simple?
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: December 01, 2010 08:24PM

If you are in the habit of eating simple now, you are better off. The more simple your approach, the easier to digest and the more benefits you will have. I should add, its more appropriate for most.

Yeah, lots of the dishes you see look good, but you are better off simple. Indulge everyone once in a while. That's a hard concept for me so I try to avoid too many ingredients.

david

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 01, 2010 09:11PM

Simple is best. A friend of mine from cooking school marveled at how quickly I got off gourmet raw and switched to nothing more complicated than green smoothies, knowing how I'd spend hours making an elaborate cooked curry from scratch. I was like, "With raw food, it's just not worth the hassle for the results--the simpler stuff tastes better and fuels me faster!" It's always a learning experience on this lifestyle smiling smiley

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 01, 2010 10:28PM

That's what turned me off about raw when I first learned of raw too. Everyone was making all these complicated mocked cooked food dishes and I did not "cook" when I ate cooked. Most of the cooked things I ate were cooked by someone else. LOL. I rather just eat a stalk of broccoli than blend and add "raw" spices and seasonings and whatever else. I don't think of "meals" either like lunch foods or breakfast foods... I never did that on cooked/sad either.

Living off of smoothies, juice, fruit and just throwing a simple salad together is how I simplify it.

My advice is to stop reading menus, recipes and "un-cook" books. Just people trying to make a buck off the raw food fad. If you didn't eat french fries from Mcdonalds, you don't need to buy a dehydrator and eat raw french fries. It's just silly. There are days in the summer where many people have said they go on watermelon binges and just eat that for days at a time and well nobody has died. Follow your taste buds and listen to your body meaning if this week you're eating a lot of spinach and then you body stops wanting it..stop eating it and pick something else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 10:32PM by BackAgain.

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: December 02, 2010 12:38AM

Yes, but only because I'm lazy and I love fruit and greens.

The sad part is that I'm very good at creating raw gourmet dishes, and love to for the challenge, but i mainly love doing it for others.

The average person would be horrified at the monotony of my food, but I love it. there are honestly so many variations to a simple salad, and always lots of different fruits for me to eat!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 02, 2010 07:18AM

I prefer things simple, but sometimes I really enjoy taking the time to make something that is, not necessarily complex, but is more involved, takes more prep time... I find it cleansing, almost meditative, although when I do this, its not usually trying to copy a cooked food, its a raw only kinda dish... im not often in a hurry either, so I guess that makes it easier for me to take that kinda time...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: December 02, 2010 02:00PM

klomasius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The average person would be horrified at the
> monotony of my food, but I love it. there are
> honestly so many variations to a simple salad, and
> always lots of different fruits for me to eat!

Haha, same here! My menu yesterday consisted of bananas, apples, tomatoes, bib lettuce, and cucumbers. Boring? Maybe. Delicious? You bet!

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables