Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sugar in Fruits vs Candy
Posted by: Delta223 ()
Date: December 06, 2010 05:15AM

Do sugars in fruits essentially act the same as sugars in candy, soda, and other junk foods? I've always wondered this because I've always assumed that fruit = good, and I'm sure it is in many ways, but it still has large quantities of sugar (And I drink about 8-12 cups of green smoothies a day)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sugar in Fruits vs Candy
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 06, 2010 05:48AM

If you were to take the sugar in fruits, and refine it like table sugar, then it would be just as unhealthy as table sugar. But if you eat whole fruits, the fiber in the fruit regulates the rate at which sugar enters the blood, and there is no sugar spike like eating a candy bar will do.

So no, whole fruit doesn't act in the unhealthful way that candy does. But it does provide nourishment and energy for every cell in the human body.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 06, 2010 11:47AM

Theres some amount of fiber in most candy bars too though.

Sugars act/metabolise differently, im trying to find a good article on it that i read before.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: December 06, 2010 02:24PM

Every cell in the human body runs on glucose. We need glucose to burn fat. The brain runs exclusively on glucose.

Sugar up or fry. winking smiley

I eat up to 70 large bananas a day. There is a reason the fittest, healthiest, strongest people in the health movement today are the high carb eaters.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables