Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How did you first hear about raw foods?
Posted by: aijazkhan81 ()
Date: December 08, 2010 05:39AM

My first contact with the raw food concept was a book called Green For Life. How did you first hear about the raw vegan food diet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How did you first hear about raw foods?
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 08, 2010 05:55AM

I accidentally found this forum when I was in the market for a new blender and researching good ones. One thing led to another.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 08, 2010 06:37AM

I can't remember, it has been so long! *hobbles away with cane*

Posted by: clank72 ()
Date: December 08, 2010 08:35AM

The show "Secret Lives of Women" Episode "Extreme Dieting". Available on itunes.

Date: December 08, 2010 09:59AM

Haha, each one you have an interesting story! smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 08, 2010 10:13AM

Ohh it was ages back in an old health book cant remember the name something like prescription to nutritional healing.

It had a part about juicing so that led me onto raw food.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: December 08, 2010 11:53AM

Jay Kordich - "The Juiceman" - around the early 90's...an awesome guy! Shorthly after that I heard a couple of radio broadcasts featuring Dr. Lorraine Day...

I put "two & two" together & finally saw the ight!

Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: December 08, 2010 01:19PM

It was back in 2007 and I was fed up with my cooked vegan diet that wasn't giving me the results I wanted. Somehow while surfing the web I came across raw foods. I tried it and it didn't work for me.

Then I discovered high fruit, low fat raw on a vegan bodybuilding forum and so here I am. smiling smiley

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 09, 2010 03:15AM

well, I had always eaten at least 50% raw vegan most of my life without having any idea there was any kind of a "movement", it was just the food I preferred, I found this site, and learned about Raw veganism as a movement after my friends grandma was dying of cancer and had turned to the raw vegan food thing to try and "cure" it, she was unsuccessful, but I still think raw vegan is awesome though, I just dont think it will cure cancer... definitely reduces your chances of ever getting it though...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: hbc1982 ()
Date: December 09, 2010 04:25AM

My kids have food allergies. We purchased a vita mix from Costco about a year and a half ago. I researched green smoothies and found the Bountenco family (spelling). We are slowing transitioning.

Date: January 16, 2011 10:22AM

Good luck hbc smiling smiley

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: January 16, 2011 01:35PM

In 2004 my vegan friend I hadn't seen in a long time was talking to me about food he ate and how he was now mostly raw.

I thought it was utter bullshit to be honest, but he calmly told me to just try to for 30 days then come back and talk to him then.

Well, being the stubborn biatch that I am, I did just that, and had to admit to myself how wrong I had been! The results were amazing and I really couldn't deny the evidence I had personally experienced. So I manned up (lol) and admitted it to him and the rest is history. So he is now my Raw Daddy, and the guy who runs my favourite vegan guest house/retreat is my Raw Grandaddy (he influenced my friend Thoran to go raw).

p.s. I have several raw children, so I'm a Raw Mummy! smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 16, 2011 02:13PM

It just came to me about 20 yrs ago....to eat just the living plants of the earth.
Thats literally all we need.

Vinny

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:33PM

Arnold's Way's vids on YouTube smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:49PM

I was studying shiatsu and needed a part time job that fit my schedule and just happened upon a wheatgrass juice bar/sprout farm/living foods resource centre that was hiring a manager (the first of it's kind in Toronto, affliated with Hippocrates Institute in florida). I have been studying health all my life (thanks hippie parents!) so when I found out what sort of place it was I really wanted the job and I got it! I read the resource material on the bookshelves that first day and went from "All Raw Foods? Crazy!" to a convert overnight. I was also suffering with a terrible bout of irritable bowel syndrome at the time and would have tried anything to heal myself, I was open to a big change. I went 100% raw over night, after 2 months did the master cleanse followed by a colonic and have never suffered from IBS again, plus I felt great. I was convinced. I had the opportunity to meet many "leaders" and experts in the field, attend lectures and workshops and events and really educate myself about raw nutrition. I feel that I was entirely blessed by a very unique and amazing opportunity that changed my life for good.
I stayed raw until the 5th month of my first pregnancy when I found it impossible to get any information on raw pregnancy (there is some now) and I was SO hungry I started to eat denser foods. But we have maintained a high level of raw for many years, more in summer and less in winter. My 3.5 year old is just finishing off her spinach and fruit smoothie at this moment smiling smiley awesome.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: January 17, 2011 02:29AM

I met this guy at a Rainbow gathering and we were making late night sweet treats that were cooked and when we were ready to eat them he says i've been raw for 2 years should I eat this. I had no clue what he was talking about and said that was up to him but I was definitely going to eat the treats "yummmm yummmm" I said and so did he. About a year and a half later i was dealing with a powerful digestive disorder and was given a raw foods book and decided to try it out... I did it for about 6 weeks and felt really great... but I was sick and poor and discovered a loaf of sprouted spelt bread in my freezer and decided i would eat it and that ended that... though i had never thought of it as a life style till I went to spain a few years back and ended up at a raw foods commune and went 100% raw lickety split and so i learned about Raw as a life style... and I remembered one day the boy at the gathering and how serious a decision it was for him... I played the temptress and I didn't even realize it... I wonder about him now and laugh that I tempted him and here I am now mostly raw!!!

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 17, 2011 03:13AM

"Health Secrets from Europe".....by Paavo Airola

Date: January 18, 2011 07:34PM

Haha! You have a cute story mate, klomasius! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables