Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone recommend a raw retreat?
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 21, 2012 05:08PM

Thanks for resurrecting this post. Santa Claus gave me a good laugh smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 21, 2012 05:47PM

chat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is all very interesting about calories and
> different types of food, to this I would also add
> the factor of good digestion.
>
> I sort of believe in calorie restriction approach,
> and I am trying to learn about nutritious and
> digestive properties of various food combinations
> and diet approaches, with the aim to find a diet
> which would allow me to maintain my weight and
> muscle while 1)being as easy on digestion as
> possible (this includes having smaller meal
> portions), and 2)involving the least amount of
> calories possible.

The sproutarian diet is the best of all because it is highest in:
vitamins
minerals
enzymes (shown to be essential via tagging therapy)
phyto nutrients
fatty acids (low concentrated fat, but very very high in fatty acids)
pre-digested protein (low protein)
carbs (eventhough the carbs get about 30% lower in a sprout diet, the carbs are more bio-available...still higher than fruit)

The diet is also fresh. Many vegans have trouble with doing long term raw because most food today is bought from shops, so deficiencies occur. And no, not all bloodwork is equal...i'm talking about what you absorb, not what's in the blood. Most blood tests from doctors are the wrong type of blood test because it doesn't measure what you are absorbing.

Another thing is not to use a cronometer either, because most food is bought from shops and has lost much of the nutrition after 3 weeks after being picked (Dr Hunt conformed this), that's why many natural hygenists are deficient in numerous nutrients, because the food isn't fresh and lacks the electromagnetic frequency.

The key is to have the following most days:
* 750 ml of cold pressed green juice consisting of mainly pea green sprout juice and sunflower green juice, + have some buckwheat green juice every few days, but also add in some chia green juice and sometimes do alfalfa juice, broccoli sprout juice, fenugreek sprout juice.
* 200 ml of cold pressed wheatgrass juice each day (100 ml in morning and 100 ml at night)
* At least one cold pressed sprouted seed paste (sprouted sesame seed paste, or even add sprouted flax or poppy seeds) and even do a meal of sprouted nuts such as chestnut or walnut sprouts.
* Another meal could be blended bird seed sprout milk, or sprouted lentils with sprouted mung and adzuki beans. (best to minimise blending and emphasise cold pressed juices and pastes for max nutrition)
* Two tablespoons of sea vegetables
* Good amounts of algaes such as E3 live powder (two tablespoons) and 20 tabs of chlorella, and even 5 tabs of spirulina before bed.

Also spend weekends drinking lots of weed juice. Do a weed juice fast once a week,it's good!

This diet fills you and keeps you satisfied.

Try drinking 100 ml of wheatgrass juice and two tablespoons of E3 Live powder straight after 30 - 60 minutes of weight bearing exercise.

by doing this you will quickly find that you will need less and less food.

At the start you will probably need to blend most of your food (it's all in the mind), but as you get accustomed to such a diet you will feel you can juice most of your food and eat cold pressed pastes.

Chia greens, wheatgrass, sunflower greens, buckwheat greens, pea shoot greens, weeds/flowers, sea vegetables (kelp/dulse/wakame/nori/arame), E3 live/chlorella are the major foods. But also include the more meaty meals such as sesame seed sprouts, flax seed sprouts, poppy seed sprouts, nut sprouts, lentil sprouts for our comfort foods.

There are no cut and dried rules in eating, each situation is different. Science likes to cut and dry situations like saying calories are ALWAYS important and that food enzymes NEVER survive the stomach acid environment, but it has been shown that this is not the case at all. Since most humans only use 5% of their brain, you can't expect scientists to understand foods or the human body too well. Spirituality/meditation also has a significant impact with diet, but l won't get into discussions about that here. See...diet can't be cut and dried.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2012 05:57PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 22, 2012 08:28PM

Thanks Sproutarian, that's a lot of food for thought!

Currently I sprout broccoli seeds, buckwheat and French lentils quite regularly, and occasionally quinoa and mung/adzuki beans. However I need to look into juicing/cold pressing things, as I just put sprouts in salads or eat them like a porrige (buckwheat).

I'm going to try and make sea veggies a regular addition to the diet, ideally every day (in addition to chlorella, I'm taking it every day already). I think we indeed can learn something from Okinawa people, and sea veggies was definitely a large part of their diet.

The rest of the sprouts you mention I still need to discover!smiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2012 08:29PM by chat.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: June 23, 2012 07:04PM

I will second the HHI for a yes! I have been there and Brian Clement is one of the most caring and vibrant people I know. He is a Bio-Chemist and of coarse a researcher. IMO this is the best place to go if you are very sick and otherwise. Brian is only intrested in the truth and any and all information he can get from other people as well that will make HHI's programe the best in the world. Some people don't get it! and that is all. It overwhelms people sometimes, perhaps most of the time, because they are trying to cram so much info into three weeks. It took me a long time to break it down and make it simple because I was so sick. I observed alot when I was there, healthy people do really well there and while on the juices they say I am not even hungry! Even the most sick people do well depending on their situation, but all heal if they stay on the programe.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: June 23, 2012 07:10PM

durianrider Wrote:
> OHI, TOL, Hypocrites etc are all ok if you want to
> starve, get emaciated, spend a lot of cash on
> superfoods and bogus cleanses and learn why sweet
> fruit is the enemy and eventually come to the
> conclusion that raw foods is just too hard and you
> need animal products like David Wolfe, Franky G
> and other TOL students are promoting thesedays.
>
> Raw retreats? The only ones worth attending are
> ours, raw aussie athletes or Doug Grahams. You
> learn how to do raw and stay away from the chronic
> fatigue/weight gain that all the other 'guru's
> seem to be having thesedays sadly.

I always find you entertaining but you have your facts so wrong it's almost inconceivable. So thanks for the laugh again. Maybe your just a little bananas.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: June 25, 2012 12:21PM

A friend of mine runs these retreats in The UK

[www.breathedetox.com]#

Date: June 28, 2012 06:28PM

chat Wrote:
> Thanks Sproutarian, that's a lot of food for
> thought!
>
> Currently I sprout broccoli seeds, buckwheat and
> French lentils quite regularly, and occasionally
> quinoa and mung/adzuki beans. However I need to
> look into juicing/cold pressing things, as I just
> put sprouts in salads or eat them like a porrige
> (buckwheat).
>
> I'm going to try and make sea veggies a regular
> addition to the diet, ideally every day (in
> addition to chlorella, I'm taking it every day
> already). I think we indeed can learn something
> from Okinawa people, and sea veggies was
> definitely a large part of their diet.
>
> The rest of the sprouts you mention I still need
> to discover!smiling smiley

When you start consuming 750 ml of the best quality green sprout juice (mainly sunflower greens, buckwheatgreens and pea shoot greens) each day along with 100 - 200 ml of wheatgrass juice...your world will begin to rock like never before. This is the minimum of what people need to start doing if they want a top notch diet...this is a solid starting base that gives the key nutrition along with sea vegetables and algaes. Then you add one sprouted seed/nut paste in a day and also consume legume/grain sprouts to fill the gaps.

With all the pollution, stress (BIG nutrient waster) and shop bought produce (fruit and veg)...do you think many of us would be deficient in some nutrients? l think so, because if someone on the most nutritious diet (sprout based diet) can occasionally come up deficient due to busy periods of work stress, then how is someone going to go on shop bought foods that are FAR less nutritious??? And no, testing for true deficiency is how much you absorb, not what's in the blood.

Posted by: gamecox54 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 06:14PM

AWI (Ann Wigmore Institute) in Puerto Rico. Hands down the best.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 13, 2012 06:32PM

how about these beautiful people

[www.atlantisrejuvenationcenter.com]

raw food, Bimini, and wild dolphins <3

Posted by: RawRaw ()
Date: November 13, 2012 11:01PM

Atlantic one looks nice.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: November 17, 2012 05:31PM

durianrider Wrote:
> I like Brian and Gabe as people. Im just pointing
> out that these guys change their programmes like
> they change their jocks and NOBODY coming out of
> their courses stays raw/vegan/fit very long cos
> they just end up so carb phobic and confused. Look
> at David Wolfe/Franky G etc. Now promoting raw as
> extreme and fanatical and saying you need animal
> products.
>
> In one interview Gabe says you should eat lots of
> carbs from fruit and in the next he says you
> should get your carbs from kale. Brian says eat
> sprouts, algae and sea weed and forget that every
> cell in the body runs on glucose and that Doug
> Graham and all the bouncing and thriving fit raw
> vegans are actually holograms put out by the
> banana industry.
>
> People that follow these low carb plans ALWAYS
> struggle with their weight, fitness, health,
> cravings etc. Then they get taught that they are
> not spiritual enough and need to do more
> cleansing, praying, thousand of dollars worth of
> supplements etc.

This is interesting comment, I do feel better on a low carb plan.... but I often wonder if it is the transition from eating fish to not eating any animal products.

I am not a fan of carbs, in general. Personally, I feel they are the cause of obesity, but that is just me.

Posted by: casaverde ()
Date: August 25, 2013 08:24PM

CHECK OUT this retreat in the rainforest of honduras. it combines ashtanga yoga, delicious raw meals and ECO ADVENTURES...vigorous hiking, climbing, bouldering, swimming in waterfalls, JUST AN AMAZING PLACE! [www.wendygreenyoga.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables