Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
100% raw vegan for 44 years
Posted by: sunstar ()
Date: December 09, 2010 09:05PM

I am extremly impressed by the level of commitment and information that the new generation of raw living foodists embody.
I began raw foods 44 years ago and studied breatharianism and fruitarianism in the beginning
Over this period I have drank over 30,000 coconuts....and pioneered most of the recipes that are making their way into the general vernacular not .
Over 41 years ago I was preparing a gallon of fresh coconut yogurt a day and before that teaching at Hippocrates a little when Ann Wigmore was alive

I have had to use pure intuition and the obvious radiance of life force to see the obvious about the primary Nature of raw foods and living plants and photosynthesis I also have been sun gazing for 44 years as well consciously (and unknowingly when I was young as well) and I find that ALl that has to do with the Sun and photosynthesis is Primary life force for living beings.

I have tens of thousands of experiences across the board in raw foods as well as insights into cultural directions we are all going .

(www.smilesbook.com www.sunstarphoto.com www.sunstarphoto.com/new

elan sunstar
elansunstar@gmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 100% raw vegan for 44 years
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 10, 2010 01:10AM

Wow. I am impressed!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 10, 2010 04:06AM

Hi sunstar,

Can you share some of you secrets or pearls of wisdom that have enabled you to be all raw for 44 years?

Posted by: hbc1982 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:55AM

Where do you get coconuts from? I live in Alaska, so everything is hard to get my hands onto. So I have to ship pretty much everything in.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 10, 2010 03:04PM

That's really impressive, sunstar!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:42PM

Thanks for posting sunstar. smiling smiley

Someday I hope I can be 44 years raw!

Posted by: Non ()
Date: December 11, 2010 03:37PM

do you recommend the moderate fat raw vegan lifestyle or the high fruit raw vegan lifestyle?

What have you determined in terms of what kinds of foods are the best to eat?

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: December 11, 2010 04:16PM

Elan lives in Hawaii and practices LFRV, it seems for the whole time he's been raw.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 11, 2010 04:24PM

LFRV?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 11, 2010 05:29PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LFRV?

low fat raw vegan coco.

Date: December 11, 2010 06:06PM

OK thanks. You practically need a dictionary to talk to people on the internet these days, it's like a whole new language!

Date: December 12, 2010 12:30AM

well does that mean Fruit though?

My body rejects fruit nowadays.. getting allergic with runny nose and sneezing/coughing asthma.

Maybe I just eat too much at once? Fruit isn't very filling and then I go kind of loopy after eating with the unbalanced sugar high which depletes. I just dont feel very filled, with hardly any protein and then when I exercise all that lactic acid builds up and I'm not as good.

I know fruit seems the most natural option for human beings, nothing comes close to the digestibility and ease of eating mostly fruits. I just dont know if it's feasible for a lot of people who have health conditions or their lifestyle just isn't conducive to the proper assimilation of fruits. Also, being that the fruits are not always vine or tree ripened, or they are bred excessively sweet.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 12:34AM by Non.

Date: December 12, 2010 11:38AM

Have you tried building up your adrenal glands with adaptogenic herbs Non? Asthma and allergies are a result of adrenal gland dysfunction.

Its actually lactate build up rather than commonly though lactic acid which produces those symptoms after exercise.

Is it all fruit that your allergic too as id harbor that there's maybe some other issue going on if so.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:35PM

Is this true, where are your pictures on being raw for so many years or is this just advertisement?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 12, 2010 09:28PM

madinah,

The third link at his post:
[www.sunstarphoto.com]

Click on the video and watch him in action smiling smiley

Date: December 13, 2010 02:56AM

OK, thanks

Date: December 15, 2010 01:30AM

Very inspirational! I have been a vegetarian for over 40 years with 1 1/2 years raw. Lately I've been having trouble sticking to raw and need some words of encouragement. I have lost 70 lbs and don't want to reverse this progress.

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: December 15, 2010 04:32PM

It can be hard to stay on a raw diet, but a couple tips I can think of would be to make a list of all of the benefits you've experienced while eating raw, and all of the symptoms you dealt with before you did (ex: raw-more energy, clearer head, softer skin, better sleep, not raw-achy joints, dandruff, hard to get going in the morning, head fog [just examples]).

Maybe you could try some new recipes? Green smoothies with young coconut water and dates, or coconut date rolls, or avocado "tacos" are very tasty and fun to get creative with.

I find that reading success stories, scientific information, or old posts on this forum is very inspiring.

Finally, even if you don't stick to 100%, having a high percentage of raw foods in your diet is a beautiful gift to your body and you are nourishing yourself in the healthiest way. Compared to what you could be eating, you are giving your body the best tools to build healthy cells. Your body is a machine, and you get out of it what you put in. You wouldn't put sugar in your gas tank, right?

Congratulations on your weight loss and I hope you do what is best for you. smiling smiley

Posted by: merry ()
Date: December 18, 2010 05:06AM

I don't know how many people here practice sungazing mentioned here? I would like to hear if anyone does?
i visited a Sungazing master near to my home recently - his website is
[solarhealing.com]
(I am not promoting this or anything - just found it ineresting) .
He went without food for a year because of his practising sungazing and says it really helps with fasting.
I am not suggesting everyone goes without food but for people finding it hard to stick to raw foods it could be a big help. It is also supposed to be good for curing disease mentally and physically and preparing for meditation
Basically you start with just one minute a day within 1 hour before sunset or one hour after sunrise (outside these times the sun is too strong and could be damaging especially for a beginner). and increase by 10 seconds everyday. If you can't practice one day you just pick up where you left of when you can.

So far we have had the longest rainy season here ever so I havent practiced consistently but I am going to start now and see how it goes....

Date: December 18, 2010 11:29AM

It is not possible for someone to go without food for a year.

Date: December 18, 2010 11:32AM

I cant say that sounds healthy at all sounds damn right dangerous to be frank.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:03PM

I have to agree with the two posts above me:/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: merry ()
Date: December 19, 2010 04:48AM

yes of course it's dangerous for a normal person - it is only people who are practising some kind of yogic practice (in this case sungazing) who can do such a thing. The person I mentioned was scientifically observed if you read his website.
I have met him and he definitely was not unhealthy but strong,well built and energetic.
There are also several cases of people going without food using pranayama techniques.
Of course its every ones choice if they believe such things...

Date: December 24, 2010 02:07AM

i do not think breatharianism is impossible. There have been studies recently on an indian yogi who can reportedly go without food for long periods of time ie years. His name is Prahlad Jani. You can search him on google.

There have also been studies in the Chinese "bigu" phenomenon which is basically not needing food after having practiced lots of qigong and meditation.

Here are some links on that:

[www.vivendodaluz.com]
[bst.sagepub.com]
[www.wholepersonhealing.org]
[webcache.googleusercontent.com] (towards the bottom)
[www.scribd.com]

I guess one can look for bigu or breatharian studies and scientific research on google as well.

Date: December 27, 2010 09:56PM

Awesome! Thanks!

Date: December 27, 2010 10:01PM

I will need to read them links thanks, but the articles ive read in the past im not a great believer. But then im not a great believer in many things that cant be at least partially backed up by science.

Such as chi etc, all ill say is please no one try this without major professional guidance if not at all as in my opinion it wont end nicely.

Date: December 28, 2010 12:43AM

OK.. well perhaps lifelong breatharianism is extreme. Also it will take a lot of preparation and in fact some sort of rewiring of the human body. It is quite dangerous.. but I do believe it's not impossible for things like shorter term breatharian states like the bigu state in chinese culture.

Date: December 28, 2010 02:23PM

I just cant understand how the body would function long term without adequeate nutrition to keep each body function working.

Spirituality could only take you so far, your heart would start slowing down, your body would be consuming itself etc. It would be like how many anorexics sadly die.

Date: December 28, 2010 02:39PM

I don't understand how or why people who are so interested in living as natural a life as possible seek to forgo one of the basics of human survival, Eating, in the first place! It's like those crazy folk who try to keep a carnivorous pet and feed them a vegan diet (oh, those poor cats and dogs sad smiley). It's a good idea to aim for what is most natural for the body being considered and Not staring at the sun (sheesh) and eating a healthy plant based diet fit right in with that. And feeding your kitty meat. Sorry but that's TRUE.

Date: December 28, 2010 03:01PM

for religious and spiritual reasons mainly.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables