Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 100% raw vegan for 44 years
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2010 03:33PM

I am not down with the whole suffering = enlightenment philosophy, personally. I don't think spirit works that way, that it requires sacrifice and pain. That's pretty much the opposite of what I believe, to me spirit means loving life, being joyful, serene detachment from desires. That other stuff is poison IMO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 28, 2010 03:46PM

Id have to agree coco.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 29, 2010 11:55AM

i like the photographs that sunstar made

very vibrant

esp. the ones in the water

and then the one where there is the dude doing the skygliding? ( or sky diving) whatever its called

great colors

yep

it made me smile

then again
that's not too hard to get me to do grinning smiley

Posted by: Non ()
Date: December 29, 2010 08:39PM

coco I agree with you too, but it's really not all about that at all. That's largely a misconception but yea some sects do go really extreme and really ascetic.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 30, 2010 05:42PM

When was those youtubevideos made on Sunstar? 1986?

Date: January 02, 2011 08:15AM

I watched the video not long after this was posted, but it doesn't appear that 'Sunstar' has commented again? I noticed that 'Prana' asked a question near the beginning, and I'm also interested in the obvious wisdom and experiences of someone who has remained 100% vegan for 44yrs. Can anyone help here?
cheers, geo

Posted by: merry ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:24PM

I have researched the topic of living on solar energy or breatharianism a little bit and there seem to be too many cases well studied for them all to be hoaxes.
At the same time I am not promoting or thinking of becoming a breatharian!! but I do think its interesting to know the potential of a human.
The point of sungazing is not really going without food I dont think, but for me anyway I am trying it because it is supposed to lead to better health and mental and emotional wellbeing. According to several people I have met practicing it, it does make you more energetic and easier to eat lighter foods and fast from time to time so for me I think thats a good side effect.

As far as is it natural goes I dont really know anymore what is really natural, but I guess from ancient times humans have wanted to evolve spiritually and contact with a different dimension so I suppose you could say its part of human nature. Sungazing is of course only one of many techniques best suited to some people and maybe not others...
It seems a little difficult for humans to be really joyful without practicing something or other....
I think acestism is different to yogis who have been able to live without food and remain healthy, because once you reach the concious level to be able to do so you no longer desire food in the same way so it is not really a deprivation.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:28PM

Would you able to link to any of these studies as im interested in seeing what they have to say.

I still dont believe its healthy nor possible.

Date: January 02, 2011 04:51PM

In nearly every claim of breatharianism the practitioner has been proven to be a fraud, sorry to say. There was only one I heard of that may have been legit. I'll try to find a link...

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 02, 2011 11:55PM

i have to say im kinda dissapointed that sunstar posted this post and hasnt responded smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 03, 2011 10:35PM

Here's the breathy guy courtesy of Kwan...

[www.craftster.org]

Date: January 09, 2011 05:32PM

Hi - as far as sunstar goes I would like to know what is coconut yoghurt!!
About breathariansim, living off sun energy I'm not really out to convince anyone of this - I have experienced too many things in life that scientists can't explain to find it difficult to believe but at the same time with anything like this it will always be controversial.
I'm not very up on internet information about the topic . The one link I already gave above for the sungazing man I met.
the other is about Therese Neumann which I came across in autobiography of a yogi (bottom of article is about her going without food)
[en.wikipedia.org]
I also saw this documentary (I think its correct link but if its not sorry)
[www.youtube.com]

I dont know where you get your information coco that all except one study has been dispproved? There are many people quietly practising this type of thing without studies or media attention though.
To try and teach it to other people not sufficiently prepared is obviously completely dangerous and stupid.

Date: January 10, 2011 03:21AM

I'm getting my info from news agencies, etc. The link I posted above is the only study I've ever heard of that hasn't proven the claim to be false. I'm not saying it isn't within the realm of possibility, just highly unlikely to be practices successfully on a large scale if at all. Nature is not a fool, we are designed to live in perfect harmony with our environment which includes eating food.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 03:21AM by coco.

Date: January 10, 2011 06:44AM

coco the link you posted seems to be about some craft supplies or something? can you repost it?
In my link the you tube thing was about buddha boy but the link didnt come OK as it just says youtube.com - dont know how to fix that but it will be easy to find by searching buddha boy and documentary...
I also doubt it will be ever practised large scale but I think its nice to know possibilities....

Date: January 10, 2011 12:52PM

Oh ha ha, that is funny!

here you go [news.bbc.co.uk]

Date: January 10, 2011 07:46PM

has there been any follow up on that guy? any of the video released any other organizations besides the one mentioned studying him? it would be interesting to see if the experiment could be repeated, I find it interesting however that they even report him losing a little weight...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 10, 2011 08:28PM

Id like to see him in that environment for a year without no food or water see what happens, then id start believing.

many people, soldiers etc have gone without food and water for a week this is nothing special. to me so far these guys are frauds as from a nutritional point of view we see how many anorexics get ill without food, i know these guys are meant to have special powers but ive yet to see any study which looks at these special fasters for more than a week.

Date: January 10, 2011 11:07PM

you made some very valid points in my opinion powerlifer.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 11, 2011 08:37AM

I'm not sure what to think on this front. I tend to believe that nature gave us teeth and a digestive system for a reason. However, I also like to keep an open mind. Perhaps, it maybe possible to live for a limited period if one were to spend years training for it. Could our bodies adjust, or do humans have this miraculous ability that's distinct from all other organic life? Afterall, we don't know what we don't know. Regardless, I find it incredulous to believe that anyone could do any sort of physical work living on sunlight and air alone.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 11, 2011 01:23PM

It seems that some people can fast for quite a while. (like Arnold Ehret 49 days I think) But I think all these people will need to eat again at some point.They do train their bodies to be quite effiecient.

Date: January 11, 2011 10:21PM

Who was asking about aspartame? Here's a fun little article for you.

[www.hfnn.ca]

don't throw up now...

Date: January 11, 2011 11:21PM

Yes Workoutman, efficiency is the word to use...I myself have fasted for 40 days back in the seventies with no apparent ill effects. I 'trained' for it by regularly fasting for two days each week, which I slowly increased until I would fast for two weeks at a time. During my forty day fast, around the twenty day mark, I helped a friend move house, which involved carrying boxes of items up an incline. I remember they couldn't believe that I was able to continue to remain strong. I took it fairly easy though, and didn't overdoit. Our physiology is certainly something to admire indeed, yet people continue to abuse and disrespect themselves by using their bodies as waste disposal units.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:15AM

The thing about fasting for 40 days or more, most people consume water. I've done a 2.5 day dry fast, meaning no food and no water, and it is not exactly easy. And I have done longer water fasts before (a 10 day, 12 day, and a dozen or so 3-4 day water fasts). A 10 day dry fast is a substantial fast that I don't think most people can do, mostly because people have so much salt (sodium chloride) in their bodies, that going without water for 10 days would make their blood very toxic.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 12, 2011 07:36AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Click on the video and watch him in action smiling smiley
Thanks, Tamukha. I watched all 3 videos. He's a dynamic kind of guy.
He has mastered his profession (photography) to a high degree, and also, from
what I've read here, his Diet and Lifestyle.
May we all be as proficient.....WY

Date: January 12, 2011 07:43AM

madinah Wrote:
> Is this true, where are your pictures on being raw
> for so many years or is this just advertisement?
I don't think he's trying to promote his Diet. Notice in
the videos below, he never mentions what he eats.....WY

Date: January 12, 2011 08:29AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> i have to say im kinda dissapointed that sunstar
> posted this post and hasnt responded smiling smiley
Jodi, I'd guess he has more important things to do.
He gave us a glimpse of the Answer in his first post. Didn't
you notice?.....WY

Date: January 12, 2011 08:46AM

Prana Wrote:
> .................A 10 day dry fast is a
> substantial fast that I don't think most people
> can do, mostly because people have so much salt
> (sodium chloride) in their bodies, that going
> without water for 10 days would make their blood
> very toxic.
A 10-day Dry Fast would kill most people. Toxins would
enter the bloodstream too quickly. It's very dangerous. It has been
estimated that a Dry Fast is 4 times more efficient than a Water
Fast. I remember reading where David Wolfe went Dry for 2 days and
was totally wiped-out.....WY

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:14AM

Slorry guys, can you tell me where these videos you keep mentioning are? I went to the sites and couldn't find them.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:48PM

klomasius Wrote:
> Slorry guys, can you tell me where these videos
> you keep mentioning are?
There you go....three videos courtesy of Tamukha.
Click on the center to play.

[www.sunstarphoto.com]

Date: January 12, 2011 02:24PM

Prana, can you fill me in on how a dry fast more beneficial/efficient? I don't know much about this type of fast. Logic suggests that our bodies need fluid to flush toxins while fasting.
Thx in advance
geo

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables