Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 100% raw vegan for 44 years
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 12, 2011 02:53PM

geo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Prana, can you fill me in on how a dry fast more
> beneficial/efficient? I don't know much about this
> type of fast.
I'm sure Prana will give us good insight on this.
My take on it is the Body must be prepared for a Dry Fast,
or else it can be dangerous. Certainly the Colon should be clean
before attempting a Dry Fast of any length.
Taking Water requires energy to process. A Dry Fast is total Rest,
and the most effective type of fast.....WY

“The less you drink the more aggressive the fast works.”.....Arnold Ehret

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: January 12, 2011 07:44PM

Dry fasting should only be done by those who are very well experienced, and have done massive amounts of other cleansing. Basically a dry fast causes the internal organs to heat up and expel toxins......a good friend of mine used to dry fast....but he still did enemas in that time so he was taking water into his body, just not through his upper digestive tract.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:44PM

Hmm, interesting. I've read most of Ehret's writings, but must have missed that bit. Thx for the insight; although, I'd like to read what Prana has to say on the subject also. An exercise reserved for the experienced and clean. I can imagine the depth of cleansing using this method, and I'm inspired to work towards a dry fast myself.
Cheers,
geo

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 13, 2011 02:05AM

I don't recommend dry fasts for beginning fasters. I had been water fasting for 8 years when I tried the dry fasting. Also, for the 5 years before attempting dry fasting, I was water fasting 3 times a year for 3 days at a shot. As I did all these water fasts, I just drank enough water to quench my thirst every time I was thirsty. Over the years, I went from drinking 4 cups a water a day down to 1/2 to 1/4 cup of water a day, and then I tried no water. I felt fine, and had no symptoms of dryness during the dry fast, but when I broke the fast, my lips started to chap afterwards. Also, during this time I was used to dry fasting daily for 16 hours each day in the normal course of my life.

If you are eating salt in your diet, or salty things like miso, braggs, seaweed, etc, I would not attempt dry fasting, as you will be too toxic. Also, if you are fasting and you are thirsty, then drink water. Denying yourself water when your body is asking for water is self abuse, and will not create health, but will result in self harm.

Dry fasting does not create health, but the ability to do it is an indication of your health before the fast. Most raw foodists take too many substances that they consider healthful (say like himalayan salt) that will prevent doing a dry fast.

The Jasmuheen protocol sounds dangerous to me. Some woman died while doing that fast. One needs to be in touch with their body when they attempt something like dry fasting, and to make sure that it is the body asking for the dry fasting, not the mind. If you read the more realistic breatharian literature, what they say is stop eating and drinking. If you get hungry, start eating again. If you get thirsty, start drinking again. If you are losing weight or you have low energy, you are not ready to be a breatharian.

@geo, I agree with you that water is necessary to flush out toxins in the body. So if you believe you are have toxins to flush out, or if your body demonstrates that it still needs further detoxification, then do not dry fast.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 13, 2011 05:52PM

Prana, thank you. I'm grateful for this info, very wise and practical. An inexperienced faster may cause themselves major damage without the guidance you've provided here.

I'm conscious that I sometimes drink for the sake of drinking, rather than for actual thirst. During my next fast I'll listen to my body, rather than my mind or any desire, and progress from there. I can certainly understand that this type of advanced fasting may take many years of discipline to achieve.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables