Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Other raw food forum is kind of scary.
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 10, 2010 03:53AM

I responded to a post and got banned and my posts deleted..simply for pointing out that a certain poster's advice could kill someone. The post is still there and mine was deleted. The owner/moderator of the site even responded to the thread and didn't comment on the bad advice.

rawfoodtalk if you couldn't guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2010 03:55AM by BackAgain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Other raw food forum is kind of scary.
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: December 10, 2010 06:52AM

sometimes the heated debate that can get people riled up on here shouldn't be taken for granted, eh?

david

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:41AM

I know an admin of an electronics forum & he tells me that mods will delete/move threads/posts as they see fit. I personally don't agree with this practice unless

it would be a blatantly offensive post, or breaking the forum rules which you agree to when you register.

Thankfully MOST forums do not follow this practice.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 10, 2010 03:10PM

Wow. I am really appreciating the autonomy they give us here, all of a sudden. Thanks for posting this, BackAgain smiling smiley

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: December 10, 2010 03:23PM

Raw Food Talk is Alissa Cohen's forum and is very very restrictive. The MODs have power trips. I don't post there anymore.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 10, 2010 05:08PM

Mods actually have power trips in most forums, its uncommon to be able to get away with as much as we do here,lol...I consider that to be mostly because prana is a rather chill guy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:47PM

Yes. Thanks Prana for allowing us access to a great forum!

Posted by: Delta223 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 09:06PM

Someone deleted a thread I made here asking about the risks & benefits of coconut oil. Seems the same problem is right here

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: December 10, 2010 10:39PM

Delta,

Did you have a post deleted? When?

Kref.

Posted by: Delta223 ()
Date: December 11, 2010 12:12AM

I posted the coconut oil thread just a day or 2 ago. It was mainly asking for opinions on the concerns of high saturated fat

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 11, 2010 02:40AM

Never been a fan of that forum.. just lurk on it every now and then. It's kind of a cult. Just saw that one thread and was surprised to see such bad advice and pointed it out. Don't see how anyone coe would "powertrip" off of me doing that. But apparently you can give all the horrible advice you want and just not disagree with anyone and you're fine.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: December 11, 2010 06:20AM

You think that's bad you should try hanging out on the Royal Forums. The mods there are called "super moderators" - probably because everyone else has a noble rank of some sort depending on how many messages they have posted. They pull no punches in making sure that fashion is discussed and that you don't wildly speculate about personal things. Examples:

"Can we now get back on topic please and discuss Mary expecting twins "

"Lets all get back on topic please, further posts that do not discuss fashion will be deleted Thanks"

And a big post with some serious chewing out:

"Posts have been deleted & some edited that speculate Crown Princess Letizia had plastic surgery done. If you would like to discuss & speculate please do it via private messaging since the forum has a strict rule on speculations & gossip.
Furthermore, this is a fashion thread to discuss Princess Letizia's fashion & style, further unrelated discussion will be deleted without notice

Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

Thanks"

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: December 11, 2010 02:33PM

Hi Backagain

What was the advice given that could 'kill someone'?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 11, 2010 03:34PM

Delta,

Are you sure your coconut oil post was deleted, and not that it feel victim to a technical hiccup on this site? There isn't anything obviously controversial about what you say about your post, so I don't see why it would have been deliberately removed by a moderator. I'd try reposting and see if it sticks this time smiling smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 11, 2010 06:41PM

yeah, delta I dont think prana (the only mod im aware of thats active on here) would have deleted your thread on coconut oil, maybe moved it if it was in the wrong section, I mean, he didnt delete my first post on here be4 I realized this was a vegan site about bee juice (as one of my favorites on here calls it,lol) so I doubt your post was deleted, it was probably just a glitch, which this forum seems to glitch rather often for a forum...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 11, 2010 08:55PM

I just want to thank Prana alsosmiling smiley I have posted in various forums and it can get very oppressive. I also think he adds valuable insight to the discussions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables