Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New to raw food diet
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 21, 2010 04:48AM

What job did you have that caused you to view food as useless to your body?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jet Li ()
Date: December 21, 2010 06:01PM

I worked at a burger joint but that job didn't cause me to view food useless to my body your not getting the point ever since i have been working at Jetsun's Juicyburger it messed up my body health wise. I was so sick within almost 2 years i started coughing and felt like throwing up now my body is sensitive to heat i cannot work in a hot environment plus i was laided off this happens everytime i am in a hot environment so i can't work in fast food anymore. It made me lose alot of weight and on top of that now i barely gaining any weight even though i don't work their anymore my condition hasn't gotten any better. So it doesn't matter what i eat if i don't find out what's wrong with me my condition will never improve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 06:02PM by Jet Li.

Date: December 21, 2010 06:16PM

I think I DO understand. You are the person that wrote that you felt food was useless to your body. Here is your quote:

>... anything i eat i feel it is
> useless to my body nutrition wise even if the food
> absorbs so what it makes no sense to eat food just
> for the sake of eating...

And then you wrote that you got the "disorder" after working at a previous job. So putting the two together... I asked the question.

If I misunderstood it is because you did not take the opportunity to explain your situation well. Several of us asked about your "disorder" and why you ate only oatmeal and pasta. In any case, I am glad that you did clarify.

I hope your visit with the doctor helps you discover what the problem may be with your health. But I have a feeling that if you are as evasive with the doctor as you have been here when we asked specifics about your "disorder" and the foods you eat... then you aren't going to get very good results with the doctor. So please make the committment to be 100% completely honest and forthcoming with the doctor.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 06:25PM by RocketShip.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 21, 2010 06:18PM

It could be possible you picked up some form of pathogen as these places are the most clean. But you'd probably be having much worse symptoms if you did.

You dont have to answer this question but any change in bowel movement?

Date: December 21, 2010 11:32PM

Powerlifer i highly doubt that the place i worked at was quite dirty i have seen how dirty this place is and trust me its not as sanitary as you think under the fryers the floors are filled with dryed up oil.
After i worked at this place it changed my perspective on eating fast food now i have made the burgers myself since that experience i cannot eat burgers and fries i hate it i don't eat fast food anymore.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 22, 2010 01:52PM

Jet Li,

I understand where you're coming from, but I still don't get why you can't just start eating fresh fruits and vegetables(especially leafy greens), and nuts, bought cheaply and in bulk, and see how you do. I will add that consuming the fruits and vegetables blended together in small combinations might be beneficial, as that eases digestion. Hope the doctor can give you some answers.

Date: December 22, 2010 03:45PM

Jet Li Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Powerlifer i highly doubt that the place i worked
> at was quite dirty i have seen how dirty this
> place is and trust me its not as sanitary as you
> think under the fryers the floors are filled with
> dryed up oil.
> After i worked at this place it changed my
> perspective on eating fast food now i have made
> the burgers myself since that experience i cannot
> eat burgers and fries i hate it i don't eat fast
> food anymore.

Sorry i meant "arent" the most clean rather than are. Yes most of these fast food joints are very dirty and it could be possible you picked up some form of pathogen.

But i echo what tamukha has just said, why not eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables?

Date: December 22, 2010 04:47PM

Well i would but how do i know that meets my full day worth of vitamins minerals and protein etc? Just by eating all that alone

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 22, 2010 06:24PM

Well, you can be sure it's doing a better job than the pasta and oatmeal that's all you're currently consuming. I don't get this, are you looking for improvement or "perfection" as the only alternative to the starches you're eating now? Just make some small improvements bit by bit if you're not sure what to do, anything is a step up from where you say you are.
And if you're really that worried about making sure you get everything you need you can enter your daily diet into a free online nutrition tracker like fitday.com and adjust as needed.
I think you could at least try a few of these things before saying that nothing is working for you. I mean, we're here to support you and answer any questions we can but you have to try too.

Date: December 22, 2010 07:10PM

Jet Li Wrote:
> Well i would but how do i know that meets my full
> day worth of vitamins minerals and protein etc?
> Just by eating all that alone

Think about what you just wrote...

Where are you getting your full day worth of vitamins/minerals now?

How do you track you nutrient intake now?

Where do you get your protein now?

Jet... at this time you eat very poorly and a very limited diet BY CHOICE... I don't think you are a good candidate to try 100% raw foods.

Are you capable of eating a large variety of foods and taking responsibility for managing your dietary nutrient intake in a healthy manner? You must do that when eating 100% raw.

I recommend adding healthy fresh foods to your current diet. That way, if you are worried about getting enough of a particular nutrient or protein you have the ability to tweak the diet in any way that is suitable TO YOU to get that nutrient. You can't blame the foods for lack of nutrients... you can only blame yourself for lack of proper dietary management. Take responsibility for your health.

Add in healthy nutritious foods first.

Date: December 22, 2010 08:34PM

Okay thanks for the help but i want to see if my doctor can help me first if that doesn't work out than i will try this.

Date: December 22, 2010 08:37PM

The reason i don't eat more variety of foods is not because i don't want to its due to the fact that i am depressed that makes me not want to eat anything in fact i ignore what my stomach tells me thats the truth.
At least i went to see my family doctor yesterday to see if she could help me instead of letting my condition get worse.
Ok i admit it when it comes to eating healthy i never took the responsibility to do it myself and i just never put it to action.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 08:42PM by Jet Li.

Date: December 22, 2010 08:47PM

Jet Li Wrote:
> The reason i don't eat more variety of foods is
> not because i don't want to its due to the fact
> that i am depressed that makes me not want to eat
> anything in fact i ignore what my stomach tells me
> thats the truth.
> At least i went to see my family doctor yesterday
> to see if she could help me instead of letting my
> condition get worse.
> Ok i admit it when it comes to eating healthy i
> never took the responsibility to do it myself and
> i just never put it to action.

You sound depressed and your post has verified that man, coming from someone with a long line of depression dont let this win. Eat a normal varied diet, it doesnt matter if its 100 percent raw etc just eat healthy foods or your going to do yourself major damage long term.

You have to change your outlook on food if you dont want to eat fast food ridden processed food fair enough, cook fresh healthy food that might seem daunting but like i say you dont need to go raw to eat healthy.

Take care

Date: December 22, 2010 09:08PM

Tell me how do i change my outlook on food? I don't even know what is healthy that word is so overused i'm no nutrionist.

Date: December 22, 2010 09:15PM

Jet Li Wrote:
> i am depressed that makes me not want to eat
> anything ...

> Ok i admit it when it comes to eating healthy i
> never took the responsibility to do it myself and
> i just never put it to action.

That is the MOST honest post yet. Thank you for being honest. I am so happy you are getting help for the depression and that you want to feel better and that you recognize that the choices you make are the key to being healthy.

Date: December 22, 2010 09:19PM

Jet Li Wrote:
> Tell me how do i change my outlook on food? I
> don't even know what is healthy that word is so
> overused i'm no nutrionist.

I think you should get a referral from your doctor to get nutrition counseling from a dietitian. Discuss with him/her your nutrition goals. That will give you a good foundation for taking control of your health.

Date: December 22, 2010 09:30PM

Will that help my nutrition getting a referral from my doctor to get nutrition counseling from a dietitian?

Date: December 22, 2010 09:55PM

It will teach you about nutrition and teach you how to take control of your diet in a positive way and to make healthier food choices.

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: December 22, 2010 10:57PM

Jet Li-there's virtually no harm in the gradual increase of fresh foods to your diet. They are full of easy to assimilate vitamins, and are hydrating at the same time. As you start to eat this way, you will probably notice changes in your body and mind. A diet full of vitamins to help sustain a healthy mind will no doubt help your depression. Also, maybe you could start taking walks or persuing a hobby if you don't have one. Making these changes, like eating a healthy diet, or going for a walk are sometimes hard to do when you're depressed, but you deserve to feel healthy and you definitely have the strength and our support to make some changes. Maybe when you visit your doctor you can get your blood checked to see what your vitamin levels are. Start taking a vegetarian multivitamin and if you're up for it, eat some fruit. You can still eat pasta and oatmeal, just add in some fruits and vegetables.

Date: December 23, 2010 11:04AM

Jet Li Wrote:
> Tell me how do i change my outlook on food? I
> don't even know what is healthy that word is so
> overused i'm no nutrionist.

To start you need to include a much wider variety of foods than your currently doing, this alone is essential. You must also increase the total calories.

In your case i would say going raw would be a bad idea just now and it would be wise to just eat for a while, i know this site is vegan but if he/she doesnt know how to formulate a plan for a healthy vegan lifestyle then including meat for a while isnt a bad idea at all.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables