Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I hate some of you. Well, not really. But I’m jealous a bit (My Story)
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:30PM

Agree with powerlifer about the fasting. If you have a variety of symptoms pointing to a specific underlying disorder that is glucose dependent, fasting could seriously harm you. For a relatively healthy person, or one with a non-glucose dependent disorder, periodic fasting is useful.

This is the reason why it's good to get a variety of opinions from people on a variety of regimens. Hope we helped Mr. clank smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:10PM

hi mr. clank

(waving my hands)

keep up the good work

glad you are having fun

walking is good

sun is good
oxygen is good

life is good

Posted by: merry ()
Date: December 30, 2010 04:24AM

I stayed in a naturopathy/ fasting centre here in India for about 2 weeks. They have a lot of diabetics there under treatment (diabetes is a huge problem here) and many of them are fasting - some for 2 weeks or so. They have a very good reputation of getting diabetics to control their condition very well. I wouldnt of course recommend someone diabetic doing that treatment alone but I just mean that fasting shouldnt be completely ruled out - but rather done in the right way for the individual need with expert supervision.
I had a lot of hypoglycemic symptoms in the first few days when I was fasting - day 3 especially bad. but they more or less vanished after a few days once my body adjusted to the fast. I now feel that my blood sugar is more stable than it was before the fast (I have had hypoglycemic issues for some years) and have felt overall several benefits once I resumed eating again so I dont think it did me harm to go through that.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables