Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What was your holiday Food like?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 27, 2010 12:12AM

Come on people, lets share our holiday foods, the good the bad and the ugly,lol...

I made non-vegan christmas food for family, but a number of vegan dishes cooked and raw for myself and to share... heres my list of dishes I actually ate.

The Good.
mixed greens salad with peeled orange slices, craizens and toasted pecans from my neighbors.

Cranberry orange carrot & spice juice (whole ocean spray cranberries, soaked in water/vinegar for half an hour, then rinsed and juiced with some oranges, carrots, little ginger, and a tiny bit of cinnamon )

Toasted pecan "cookie" (toasted pecans, pureed cheap dates, hint of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg) with spoon fulls of raw diced apple, pear, fig, jicama.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not raw, But I still believe its at least not "Bad" not compared to most cooked foods,but still not technically good I believe,lol- Green bean casserole, fresh green beans, (quite a few munched on raw be4 cooking the rest,lol) covered in a BĂ©chamel sauce (well, not entirely... it was made with sunflower seed milk, olive oil, and yes, still flour...) then I added sauteed onions, portobello mushrooms and a little garlic, baked for 10 minutes, sprinkled a little bit of crispy onions on top...

The Bad.

Not so bad, but still not "good"... Candied "yams" fresh sweet potato's with skins, boiled till mostly cooked, then baked for about 20 minutes with a mixture of walnuts, brown sugar, and pineapple, pinch of cinnamon.

Lots of Candy... looooooooooottttts of candy...lol...Everybody got me candy for Christmas except my little sister who bought me a hickory farms combo pack (knowing I dont like that stuff, she has been having fun eating it though,lol)
And my Big sister sent me chocolate truffles made out of all vegan, all raw except the cocoa, ingredients, or so she says, I still really want that recipe, gotta get it from her, I will share it on here if I do, cause these are AMAZING...

Home made rolls

The Ugly.
Christmas Ham, glazed in a brown sugar,clove, and pineapple glaze... tried a tiny piece after having made it for the family, and I dunno, they liked it allot, I didnt find it that great, a bit to salty and fatty for me, bleck... Im kinda happy I didnt enjoy it, I thought since my diet has gotten so bad lately I might, its one of those childhood christmas things...yet I didnt... which made me kinda happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What was your holiday Food like?
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: December 27, 2010 09:53AM

Totally fell off everything to the point of being vegetarian but not vegan. Right back on the wagon today - and loving it - and resolving to show up to next years Christmas armed with a bag of cheese analogue.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2010 02:06PM

Chocolate, mmmm. Wine, mmmm. Pumpkin pie, MMMM! We had a good time winking smiley.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2010 09:54PM

All sounds good!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 27, 2010 09:57PM

Too much of this great organic wine............ lol.

I made a raw vegan superfood chocolate cake this year well if you can call it a cake, i dont really indulge in sweet things other than fruits/dates these days but this was very tasty even my friends loved it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 27, 2010 10:46PM

Green juiced fasted this year for solstice/Christmas, nyah-nyah!

Typically, I'll keep to veg or vegan cooked(mushroom loaf, mashed potatoes, steamed veg, etc.), with my entree serving as another side dish for the meaters present, but I'll throw some raw into the mix(juice, salads, raw fruits). If I'm making a ton of stuff for Christmas dinner, including an array of small and large desserts, plus Christmas brunch earlier that day, I literally do not have the hands or time necessary to do a separate gourmet raw meal for me. Luckily, I prefer simple raw smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2010 10:47PM by Tamukha.

Date: December 27, 2010 11:29PM

oh, you totally reminded me Coco! I made an acorn squash pie! I didnt have any that night though, was to stuffed with the other stuff.

That raw vegan chocolate cake sounds good powerlifer! (as does the wine,lol)

I wish I could have done that Tam,lol... but I still have allot of emotional ties to holiday food that makes it more difficult to stick to just healthy choices around the holidays, maybe next year,lol... that mushroom loaf sounds amazing though... I looooooooooooooooove mushrooms, only thing I really miss allot (besides the ocean) about crescent city, ive missed my favorite mushroom harvest of the year...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: December 28, 2010 06:47AM

I ate raw vegan (I'm 100%) but heavier than I usually do, still am actually. I made dehydrated cheesy snacks, crackers, garlic bread, seafood bites, lots of dips (but mainly loads of simple tomato, onion, parsley salsa) and added these to what I usually eat (fruits, salads, smoothies, veggies etc.)

This was my third year at 100% and other people's cooked foods really don't send me any signals any more, though I may have come at this journey from a different path than many (been veg 15 years, vegan 13 of those, raw/high raw 6-7 of those).

I do remember those Christmases where I'd eat to much junky cooked stuff, and I remember that drugged feeling afterwards, does anyone else get that?

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 28, 2010 08:59AM

Awful. I still feel icky. Cloudy head. Blech.

Date: December 28, 2010 11:33AM

Ive gotten that when eating fried foods, even veggies, and I have gotten that when eating lots of turkey in the past, but I didnt get that from what I ate this christmas, could be that most of my bulk was a delicious salad, which I ate first, and the rest was all within moderation, except on the day after, I had way to much candy...and felt horrible,lol

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:01PM

Meh, bad food is punishment in itself, lol!

But the great thing is that good food allows your body to forgive you. And occasional 'bad' foods aren't going to kill you if you eat them! Though for me these days I've found I can't even eat excessive (or sometimes even moderate) amounts of nuts or dried foods or else I'm generating enough methane to power a small eco-friendly house. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 01:02PM by klomasius.

Date: December 28, 2010 01:37PM

lol

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: December 28, 2010 03:21PM

Lets just say I make it a point to consume a big container of fresh veggie juice every day,no matter what else went in my body.

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables