Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Neanderthals WERE VEGAN
Posted by: rab ()
Date: January 06, 2011 09:18PM

RocketShip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will not under any circumstance put a chemically
> modified sweetener into my food or drinks.
> Occassionally I will eat something with it in the
> ingredients because let's face it... that
> nastiness is in most processed foods. But NEVER
> will I add it to my own food.

Me neither - but I avoid all processed food. If it will be processed, I will do it (like a little bit of steamed rice). I don't trust anything that is processed by manufacturers. Nothing. Sorry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 06, 2011 09:40PM

Agreed!

Unfortunately I don't have the self-discipline to avoid all processed foods. In a perfect world I would be stronger. winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 06, 2011 11:43PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Coco, if you don't mind my asking what kind of
> capsule making machine do you have? Is it cheaper
> than just buying veggie caps at the health food
> store?
>
> Paul

I have this handy dandy little contraption and yes, it is much cheaper to make your own with it. The non-gelatin capsules are quite a bit pricier though, just fyi.

[www.cap-m-quik.com]

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 07, 2011 02:50AM

Im to tired to read everything, i'll revisit this tomorrow, but just thought id drop in and say higrinning smiley also, I love turmeric...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 10, 2011 09:38PM

It's been reseaeched that the traditional aboriginal diet here in Australia was around 70% plant based. But of course, they ate whateva came there way. I'm also truly thankful to have the luxury of being able to choose what I eat.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:37PM

Geo,
I thought the aboriginal diet was 70-80% animal fat or something like that, and of course all wild foods.But there is a lot of conflicting informaiton. I find it sad that they can't practice their traditional lifestyle anymore, whatever it was.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:48PM

Funny, I am reading an article in the paper that claims that evidence found suggests that Neanderthals were in fact cannibals.

[www.chinadaily.com.cn]

Date: January 12, 2011 05:45PM

Thats about as far away from veganism as one can get. Its not entirely unknown in our modern times for humans. I read a story about a man who had a fantasy about being eaten, another man had the equal opposite fantasy. They met online,(I don't know where)and the rest...

Date: January 12, 2011 05:53PM

That was icky, I am sorry I said that. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Date: January 12, 2011 05:55PM

It was interesting, especially if it's true! Don't apologize for giving me information, that's what I'm here for after all winking smiley.

Date: January 12, 2011 06:16PM

I read that from a webpage called "jesus is lord". A very strange webpage really. The other really freaky thing on there was about a woman who had a doctor drill holes in her neck to make it a living flute. I wanted to hear a sound recording of how that sounded. That would have been interesting, but i could never find good search results.

The guy was trying to illustrate how "satan" was active in the world.

More to the topic, there is a sound recording of a 40,000 year old flute. I will have to find a link.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:34PM

I am beginning to wonder where all of these mutilation fetishes come from. I am not speaking of plain S & M fantasies, which seem downright quaint by comparison, but of things like wanting to be eaten, or wanting to have a limb amputated because one is convinced it's superfluous. Is it something in the water? Is it another trait of my little NDD(Neanderthal Descendant Disorder)theory? I just don't know . . .

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 12, 2011 10:06PM

or, is it really some form of dark/evil energy, whether one wants to call them demons, or something else... or just something seriously broken in the minds of the people that do that sorta stuff... whatever it is, its disturbing...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 13, 2011 08:45PM

Well, here is a link to the really old flute.
[www.tlapitzalli.com]

I don't know there always seem to be people who do something strange, or want something strange. Some have brought up the term 'social darwinism' meaning that eventually people with ideas or behaviors that are too far out will be eliminated.

I don't particularly feel the need to bring up anything supernatural to explain these things. Brain chemistry, severe stress, genes, neurological damage, abuse or neclect would explain most of it. I guess there might be somethings which escape those explanations, but very few. I saw a documentary about evil spirits etc...and it said that the catholic church is much, much more cautious in modern times about bringing up supernatural explanations for strange behaviors.

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: January 13, 2011 09:00PM

What the @#$%& are anti-nutrients???

Date: January 13, 2011 09:23PM

Anti-nutrients as far as I know are substances which prevent the absorption of nutrients. Poisons of a sort really. But more specifically poisons which make plant parts taste bad, hard to digest, or take more energy to process. Phytic acid and oxalic acid are great examples.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables