Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Glass straws for green smoothies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 03, 2011 02:28PM

I have one that I use, I like it. I had one for my little man (with his name on it) that I broke when I dropped a plate on it in the sink. So I thought I'd order some more and I found a great site with good deals and beautiful products. The girl I emailed with was really nice and agreed to make me a custom order for the kids. So they are getting coloured straws with colourful dots (keep the straws from rolling off things and smashing on the floor), some dark colours for getting them to drink green smoothies (they sometimes balk at the colour even when they like the taste). She's even going to put little hearts on the ones for my daughter instead of dots.
Anyhow, she's having a sale today, here's the link.

[www.strawesome.com]

They come in various lengths and diameters so you can find one to fit whatever take out or carry drink container you use.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Glass straws for green smoothies
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 03, 2011 03:22PM

coco,

That's an amazing site--and they're based in Michigan, so I'll definitely be patronizing them in the future! Thanks for posting smiling smiley

Date: January 03, 2011 09:09PM

Get this, she asked where my mom was so she could see if she could drop them off instead of me paying shipping (40 mins, a bit too far). Now That is service! She is super nice too, we emailed an entire conversation.

If you do order let her know that I referred you to her (the girl in Canada from Jan 2nd whose dad does beveled glass, she'll know who you mean). I don't get a deal or anything from it, just like her to know how much I appreciated her being so awesome to deal with smiling smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 09:11PM by coco.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 04, 2011 12:01AM

Okey, dokey, coconuts smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 04, 2011 12:44AM

Do they make glass containers to go with them? I looked on the site and didn't see any. I am curious what you use the straws for--home use or on the road? I just bought a reusable container like you would get from a fast food place w/lid and straw (I cannot think of what I would call them). The material is a plastic but PCV-free. What I liked about it is the lid actually screws on and has a ring to prevent spills and the straw doesn't pop out of the lid yet can be removed from the lid when you unscrew it. It is double-walled, so they claim it's insulated or something (but clear plastic). I plan on using it for green smoothies when I am going to drink it on the trainsmiling smiley I bought it at Walgreen's for about six bucks.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 04, 2011 01:20AM

these look awesomegrinning smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 04, 2011 01:56AM

The glasses on the site are from another glass artist not too far away from her in Michigan. I asked if they had a site as well and will pass along the link if it turns out they do.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 04, 2011 08:13AM

I always feel so wasteful with glass straws because I have to let the water run through them for a long time to clean them properly. I use less water brushing my teeth! sad smiley

Date: January 04, 2011 01:48PM

Rocketship, they come with a small brush to clean them with, only takes a second and uses very little water. Or you can rinse them right after using, they come clean instantly with again very little water.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 04, 2011 07:38PM

Love the brush solution. smiling smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 07, 2011 02:51AM

pipe cleaners would work too Id thinksmiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables