Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wikileaks: US targets EU over GM crops
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2011 02:04PM

It all starts to make sense to me now. Of course. I couldn't figure out what the deal was about this stuff, it's not like he posted anything that was an uber secret, just embarrassing. But this, ok, now I see why they are out to get him.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wikileaks: US targets EU over GM crops
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 04, 2011 04:41PM

I was just reading about this yesterday. (Another link if anyone is interested: [www.democracynow.org] ) It's really disgusting.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 04, 2011 07:35PM

It's disgusting that THIS is what our diplomats spend their time on.

Date: January 04, 2011 08:35PM

With your money lining their pockets, don't forget.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 05, 2011 01:38PM

This makes me so angry I can't speak. I'd love to say what I think but would be banned for life.

Thanks for posting Coco

Date: January 05, 2011 02:13PM

If you're really that mad guys start writing letters to those guys who run your country telling them how you feel. Do It!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 05, 2011 03:20PM

I actually find the excerpts absurdly archaic, like old cables from Stalin's henchmen or something. These men really overestimate their purpose on this planet and the power they have.

I await the cleansing pandemic which is surely headed our way, while sipping my non-GMO green smoothie . . .

Posted by: rab ()
Date: January 05, 2011 09:09PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I actually find the excerpts absurdly archaic,
> like old cables from Stalin's henchmen or
> something. These men really overestimate their
> purpose on this planet and the power they have.
>
> I await the cleansing pandemic which is surely
> headed our way, while sipping my non-GMO green
> smoothie . . .

Or do they (overestimate their power)? Maybe you underestimate them? Governments are puppets of corporations, not another way around.

Date: January 05, 2011 10:22PM

exactly rab!

Coco - I regularly write to my MP (member of parliament) but I didn't vote for him so he takes absolutely no notice of anything I say. Writing to the Prime minister also has no effect. I write to various other government ministers - it makes no difference what so ever.

And what ever we write or say won't influence the bad and the ugly in America. Basically I feel there is no hope - for anything - the whole world is mad.

Who runs the world anyway - it really isn't any government - Rab knows it. Try looking where the big money is!!

Date: January 05, 2011 10:28PM

I write anyhow and nearly always get a response. As with business, every actual letter received represents approximately 100 ppl who didn't bother to write in so I think those letters really do make a difference. If more ppl did it imagine how it would be, politicians regularly bombarded with letter and email. We have to start putting our money where our mouths are though, getting out to the polls to vote. It's under 40% who even bother here in Canada, it's a complete tragedy. Even if it's just to spoil the ballot or throw your vote at the Rhino party or some such, it's a very important thing to do. The non-voters generally represent minority groups who typically go unheard. If we spoke up en mass it would be impossible to ignore us for long.

Date: January 05, 2011 10:33PM

I bombard regularly but really feel like I'm pissing up wind - sorry not in a positive mood tonight. British politics is rubbish right now and I feel like nothing will change.

Date: January 05, 2011 10:48PM

Understandable my dear, it seems it's a world-wide epidemic right now. Too bad there isn't a vaccine for that, we could force inject all the politicians with and see how they like it for a change!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 10:48PM by coco.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 05, 2011 11:50PM

Writing can make a difference. The last time I wrote my Senator, I got a phone call back from his office. I think ink and paper is still more effective than email.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 06, 2011 12:15AM

There is a vaccine for bad politicians... But it will never happen, our societies have grown to weak and complacent to ever do what is necessary to deal with the bad politicians within our lifetimes, myself included in that statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 06, 2011 01:51PM

rab,

Yesterday, I spent a delightful few hours with the family of a childhood friend, who is now an international finance fixer based more or less in the Middle East(and yearning to come home). His opinion matters because his expertise lies in economics, especially the economies of emerging markets. He gets a lot of opportunities to compare Western systems with newer ones, so when he insisted that there will be some sort of "crisis" that will cause the corrupt to either lose their power or to be removed from power by other means, it gave me pause. One can look at things like the Guardian article and wallow in cynicism. Or, one can look at it as a sign that we are closer to the critical mass necessary for a major change. I prefer to do the latter. Never, never, has a corrupt socioeconomic system coasted on inertia indefinitely. And it won't this time either.

Date: January 06, 2011 02:23PM

I lend my weight to critical mass, the sooner the better!
Bone up on your essential life skills my friends, I have a feeling that before too long some of us are going to need them...

[www.wildernessawareness.org]

home study version...
[www.wildernessawareness.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables