Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

rice is no more
Posted by: rab ()
Date: January 11, 2011 09:32PM

I thought that a little bit of steamed rice is not bad, but no more. I read this and felt horrified:
[www.washingtonpost.com]

(if you are lazy to read - they have mixed HUMAN GENES with rice).

All across USA farmers are filing lawsuits against Riceland for polluting the soil with GMO rice. Europe has stopped importing rice from US due to the GMO contaminations. Same is with India - farmers there are scared that Europe would not import from them, which would mean a disaster for thousands of farmers there.

Two questions:
1. how long will Europe resist Monsanto? A year, two?
2. How long before fruit gets contaminated too? I am sure satanic monsters from Monsanto are working on that too?

This world is a true horror. We should be grateful for each day we survive in this horrible, horrible world with evil people in power.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rice is no more
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 11, 2011 09:58PM

OK. So now Buddhists will be cannibals.

I'm going to go wade into the snow without a parka on and lie me down in my backyard and just fall into a sweet, still, endless sleep. No one call me an ambulance--I know what I'm doing . . .

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 11, 2011 10:04PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, thats more disturbing than human genes in rice tam <3 *hugs*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 11, 2011 10:09PM

That is a product that needs to be grown in a strictly controlled environment.

If recombinant DNA scares you check out the spider-milk:
[science.discovery.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2011 10:20PM

Right there with you Tam. I had to go away for half an hour before I could even come back in here and post a comment. Seriously freaking depressing that this is so "OK" that no one is even bothering to try and hide it for a while. Gah. No more rice, ever, for us. What about the rest of those walking zombies unwittingly eating bbrrraaaiiinnnnssssss though? Maude have mercy on our souls...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 11, 2011 10:31PM

Im...it sucks because of no longer even having any EBT, I am surviving off of mostly rice and beans right now... trying to sell my motorcycle as we speak to get more money...:/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 12, 2011 01:02AM

Curator, chances are that the rice you are eating is not (yet) contaminated with human genes, but we cannot know that. It is very likely though that it IS contaminated with GMO rice, or it is 100% GMO itself.
I also like rice (in the winter time especially), and this is shocking to me also.

Most of the people are simply not only brainwashed, but also in a special way sedated, they don't react even if they hear the truth. That is how far we have gone as humans.

Date: January 12, 2011 01:44AM

[deltafarmpress.com]

"While Stratton agrees farmers should have the ability to plant seed they've saved, “there are a lot of things in this discussion that we should have (and don't). Speaking for our company … and from our years of experience of dealing with farm-stored seed, the only way to do this … is for this committee to only allow certified seed channels as seed sources for rice planting this year.”

Stratton, who admitted his views were unlikely to be popular, cautioned if farm-saved seed is allowed, the LL trait currently plaguing the industry “won't (be purged) from the system."

,,,so, farmers will pay the price! Farm-saved seed CANNOT BE USED any more if they are to recover the trust from buyers (Europe). The sad thing is that in the future, even the privately owned, carefully grown plants will not be safe as it can always happen that the poisoned ones, coming from FDA approved(!?) MONSANTO diabolic seed, can "accidentally" or purposely be planted anywhere. Such a simple trick, but the trick that can destroy human race...and make Bill Gates a trillionaire again, as he invested in the seed banks (why would he do that) near North Pole.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:05PM

You know I try and avoid all American produce - I'm fairly sure Europe will resist Monsanto for a while - I guess it depends what kind of 'pressure' is applied!!!!!

I truly think there is no hope and some disaster of such magnitude will have to happen before people wake up and realise that all this messing with nature is not such a good idea. Meanwhile I think I will join Tam in the snow (rain on Dartmoor but same idea!!!)

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:14PM

All this is to come up with something for childrens diarrhea?
Well if the kids stop eating all the crap they do,they wouldnt need anything for it.
I eat Quinoa instead.
Its much better than rice.

Vinny

Date: January 12, 2011 04:54PM

Unfortunately it is much more costly. Rice is a staple of so many culture's diets. This is just tragic.

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: January 12, 2011 05:02PM

[www.facebook.com]
[www.youtube.com] —The story of your enslavement, Stefan Molyneux
[www.youtube.com] —Freedomain Radio
"Hope For Humanity" inspirational Documentary film by Jim Law and David Sereda!
www.wordpress.peakmoment.tv/conversations/ —Sustainable post-carbon solutions

Paul Levy's lastest piece is perhaps the most succinct description of the presovereign Borg condition of modern man. His work gets better and better.
“I introduce the idea that from the dawn of human history our species has fallen prey to a collective psychosis which I call malignant egophrenia…Wetiko/malignant egophrenia is a "psychosis" in the true sense of the word as being a "sickness of the soul or spirit." This "psychic virus," a "bug" in "the system," in-forms and animates the madness of so-called civilization, which, in a self-perpetuating feedback loop feeds the madness within ourselves…We are currently in the midst of "the greatest epidemic sickness known to man" (please see my article "Diagnosis: Psychic Epidemic"winking smiley. Many of us don't even realize this, as our collective insanity is so pervasive that it has become normalized.” Paul Levy, excepts from www.realitysandwich.com/greatest_epidemic

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: January 14, 2011 03:54AM

one has to wonder if they are being so open about the human genes in the rice where else are they putting the genes with out saying anything... while we are so up in arms over the rice??? will they have to label this human rice??? Wonder if there is a possibility of Mad human Disease... or is that what you are talking about janabana???

Tamukha I think I will join you in that dreamy snow sleep... we just got about 2 feet with more on the way So I'll meet you on the other side... Or maybe it's finally time to find myself a non American husband to take me out of here...Please!!!

love laugh and dream

Date: January 14, 2011 03:50PM

luvyuu,

Non-American husband[snaps fingers]--what a brilliant idea!

Off to do a Google search smiling smiley

Date: January 14, 2011 04:43PM

Gay marriage is legal here girls and I'm happy to have a platonic fake-wife housemate winking smiley. That's one way to start an intentional community eh? If those dude in bountiful can do it, why can't us kanucks marry a bunch of groovy non-canadians and start a commune of our own?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 14, 2011 07:37PM

What happens when pollen from human rice fertilizes rice with some other gmo altered rice? Say one which has fish genes, or tomato genes? Has anyone ever thought of accumulation of altered genes in a particular species?

Is this one reason why conventional produce tastes so strange? It tastes lifeless most of the time, and usually makes me feel sick, sometimes from just looking at it.

My partner is a former biochemist, he used to say for years "So what?, whatever makes food production more effective, or medicine better" But now hes even appauled when he hears of certain things. Hes also concerned about how all of this is being regulated, or if it is even regulated at all.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: January 15, 2011 10:42PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK. So now Buddhists will be cannibals.
>
> I'm going to go wade into the snow without a parka
> on and lie me down in my backyard and just fall
> into a sweet, still, endless sleep. No one call
> me an ambulance--I know what I'm doing . . .

Great Idea. Me too.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 15, 2011 11:16PM

I have to say that the title of this is infused with more than a little hyperbole: rice is NO MORE?! Um...this is American rice. Actually, the rice I buy comes from Thailand and India, as I recall. It's getting to be the case that unless it's organic, American and Chinese products are suspectsad smiley

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: January 16, 2011 05:34AM

how's the google search coming Tamukha... or shall we form that great commune in Canada... but canada is awful close won't the human gene rice stuff blow north too??? maybe it is time to really grasp hold of the concept "...it's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you..." and of course boycott American Rice and more... Maybe I will become the first American Refugee winking smiley

love laugh and dream

Date: January 16, 2011 03:22PM

luvyuu,

No luck with anything on the up-and-up, which is no surprise; I recall now that an attractive childhood friend of mine in Canada is between girlfriends--the gears are turning smiling smiley

Seriously, Canada is very resistent to Frankenfoods, but we have a tenuous relationship with them[has the softwood lumber debate ever been resolved?] and who knows which way the wind will blow in order for them to "make nice" with us in future. Where things like genetically modified foods are concerned, this country is an unmitigated bully. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese, Indian, and Vietnamese rice varieties succumb first, as they did with "carotenized" rice back in the 90s.

Date: January 16, 2011 03:25PM

Attractive friend in Canada? winking smiley Get up here already!

I am on the cusp of building a mud hut and planting a garden... I'm going to make this work, I am I Am I AM!

Date: January 16, 2011 03:34PM

coco,

Where in Windsor are you that you can start up your own living Natural History museum in the backyard and no one cares?!

Date: January 16, 2011 03:52PM

Oh, no way, not here. There is a strawbale house in Colchester though, Faerhaven, they make soap. No, we'll be moving from here sooner than later. The neighbour came home last night after midnight drunk and VERY loud, again sigh. She woke the entire house. Our apartment is across from a KFC and the stench at times is unreal. And I miss the mountains. I'm so out of here. Just looking at classes, there are lots in the US, some that include kids. This is just a stop over for a while so we can regroup and figure something else out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables