Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is going on?
Posted by: bachcole ()
Date: January 12, 2011 08:44PM

So, now that I know more, I got some questions for all of you people who have been into raw foods and juicing longer than I have.

First, what do you think makes raw foods and juicing work. If it is just enzymes, then I gotta believe that enzymes do more than just help us assimilate. I am sort of out of sorts with certain sorts of people, particularly certain science and medical types who practice partialistic (as opposed to holistic) thinking. I think that the enzymes get into our bodies and help us, just like antioxidants. I also think that there is a "thing" called prana or chi, life force, that raw foods impart to us. But I really want to know what you-all think.

There is also the fact that I am very pitta (Ayurvedic medicine), and just about everything raw that I eat or juice is anti-pitta. What say you-all on this?

Of course, vitamins and anti-oxidants are more balanced in raw foods.

If one understands the other parallel thingies in Vedanta about Satwic, Rajasic, and Tamasic (which parallels Vata, Pitta, and Kapha in Aurevedic medicine), then cooking food will turn it into Tamasic. Tamasic is dead and decaying, like stale bread. So, an apple, which is Satwic, the really good category, can be turned into Tamasic, just by cooking it.

And we have done most all of this for the past 10,000 years because it made food taste better. What a big screw-up that was!!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables