Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw menu
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: January 14, 2011 02:57AM

can you give me some examples for a 3 meal a day menu of simple raw food diet...
I'm bored with what i'm eating and need to change things up a bit... i've been mostly raw... eating some steamed veggies with my salad in the evening time and keeping it low on fat...

Thank you

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw menu
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 14, 2011 02:33PM

Hi there,
For me I always start the day with a container of lemon water or I juice a watermelon or cantalope slice and add to water.

Then lunch is a container of fresh veggie juice of carrot,beet,cuc,celery,apple,and cabbage.Yummmy!

Then later in the day comes the salads and sprouts and nuts and seeds.Sometimes I steam collards with mung and lentil sprouts.Talk about a yummy dish there!

Not too fancy,but then again,raw is supposed to be a simple way to eat.

Vinny

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 14, 2011 02:55PM

That doesnt seem like an awful lot of calories eaglefly are you eating anything in between or just that?

Im only high raw so you probably wont want my daily menu but if you do ill post up.

Date: January 14, 2011 03:31PM

Powerlifer i'm interested in any daily menus ...I'm looking for a little variety
in mine... maybe a different topic but...lately i've been having headaches after
my evening meal... and last night's headache has carried through to this morning...
going to ease off the steamed veg a bit to see if it's because of that... though eagle fly i think i will try your collard and sprouts that does sound yummy...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 14, 2011 03:55PM

Lately I've been eating:

Breakfast:
Smoothie from 2-3 bananas, 1 - 1.5 cups of papaya, juice of 2 oranges, 1 lime
AND 1 Brazil nut

Lunch:
Fresh squeezed grapefruit or orange juice AND
Salad with 1 head of lettuce (green or red leaf or romaine), plus 1/2 a bunch of other green (parsley, dandelion, kale, etc), plus sprouts, and tomato and/or cucumber.

Snack: an apple or 3 (depending on hunger)

Dinner: 6 cuties, clementines, or mandarins and a pint of blueberries OR
veggie sticks from celery, carrots, and red pepper, plus a pint of grape/cherry tomatoes OR
carrot fennel soup

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 14, 2011 04:47PM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Powerlifer i'm interested in any daily menus
> ...I'm looking for a little variety
> in mine... maybe a different topic but...lately
> i've been having headaches after
> my evening meal... and last night's headache has
> carried through to this morning...
> going to ease off the steamed veg a bit to see if
> it's because of that... though eagle fly i think
> i will try your collard and sprouts that does
> sound yummy...
>
> love laugh and dream

Ill post mines up in abit for you, i do eat a few cooked vegan meals a day.

headache straight after meals can be a sign of reactive hypoglycemia which is part caused by chromium deficiency.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 15, 2011 11:44PM

I wouldn't eat just three times or three meals a day....?

Date: January 16, 2011 05:22AM

Utopian life... then what and how would you eat? I'm just trying to get some new eating ideas...

Chromium deficiency??? where does one get chromium... though I think it may have just been a sinus thing cause it seems to be passing...

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 16, 2011 08:43PM

When I first started raw, my stomach was so small from eating cooked foods that I needed to eat 5 to 6 meals a day to get all the energy and calories I needed. But over time, as my stomach was able to hold more raw foods, I could live with just two meals a day. Here's is my typical meals for the winter:

2pm: 10 navel oranges, 1/2 pound of deglet noor dates
7pm: a dozen tangerines, followed by a salad of a romaine heart, some sliced cabbage, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and a dressing of an orange, 2 ribs of celery, a small red bell pepper, handful of cilantro, and 1/8th cup of hemp seeds.

In my pantry I have a box of navels, a box of clementine, a box of satsumas, several bunches of bananas. This means I might substitute clementines or satsumas for the navels, or vice versa.

I like to make banana smoothies, with either frozen strawberries or frozen blueberries during the winter. During the summer and fall, I would use fresh berries, as they are in season and easily available.

Sometimes I will add kale to my romaine salad, or more spinach. I tend not to vary the dressing that much, as I love this dressing right now.

Other times, when I am not in the mood to make my complex salad, I will just eat the romaine heart plain, or eat a half pound of baby spinach plain. And maybe just eat some avocado with lime juice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables