Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rehab
Posted by: rab ()
Date: January 21, 2011 08:38PM

I watch that rehab show on TV - with celebrities trying to save their lives at the last moment. I see myself as a former addict. Decades after I stopped smoking, I still consider myself an addict, just like the day when I stopped. Also, I am still (forever) a former processed food addict, and this is not by any means different to smoking. Processed food is not such an efficient killer as heroin, but it will eventually kill you. We are former addicts FOR LIFE. You are never really "free of cravings" as this is an internal mechanism, addiction, and can use every possible trick to return to control.

(this is my reflection after gaining several pounds due to little exercise in winter months, and adding some cooked food and some sugar to my diet).

I am still on raw food (and will be for life), but first 6 months I was a 100% raw, now only about 90%, but working hard on getting back to 100%.

On January 31st would be my first anniversary with raw food, but I don't know if it counts if I am not eating 100% raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rehab
Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: January 21, 2011 10:47PM

You can count the 31st as a year from the day you decided to change your diet to be composed of almost exclusively raw, whole foods. That's what really counts!

Since January 2010, when I went from regular vegan to healthy vegan, I've eaten things that don't really fall under the healthy category, but the majority of the time I made healthy choices, and I'm proud of that, and that means more to me than having been on a perfect diet. We're only human, and 90% is damn good and healthy, so applaud yourself for that.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 21, 2011 11:56PM

Agree with cyclopsicle wholeheartedly!

90% is a remarkable raw number, considering most folks don't attain near that level. I am not sure if your addict assessment if 100$ correct, though;

I would say that in a former life, I was "addicted" to BBQ, Chili, especially pizza, to name a few. After being vegan for around 12 yrs. now, & raw for 2 or 3...I forget, time passes...

Anyway, I have absolutely no cravings for any of those foods I listed, or really anything that I consumed previously as a cooked eater.

I suppose it affects everyone differently. I have that type of personality where I don't let previous habits "tug" at me, so maybe that is why it doesn't affect me much.

I put it completely out of my mind & don't look back.

Now, get off that couch & do some push-ups, lol, smiling smiley

Posted by: rab ()
Date: January 22, 2011 01:19AM

Thanks! I am not a purist by any means, but wold like to be as close as possible to 100% raw, for the health reasons, and because it really feels good.

First sign of good weather (above 35F or so) I will get out and run a little every day, and my main problems are over. Right now it is 4F...and I was never good with workouts, gym etc., I will try do do just a little more every day (I do something like 5-10 min a day max)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 22, 2011 02:31PM

rab,

You have apparent ambition and concrete goals with regard to this lifestyle--you know what to do and have faith you will succeed, so there's no need to doubt your efforts!

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 22, 2011 02:35PM

For me its a matter of sticking with the program for a few weeks. thats what is rough, but after that I loose cravings. I also believe that one can be transformed into something new.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables