Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

reishi mushroom report
Posted by: EddieOrso ()
Date: January 23, 2011 12:11AM

I have been buying whole organic reishi mushrooms and making fresh tea everyday for the last 4 months. I drink 500 ml of the tea every morning. I havent missed one day in over 4 months.
I am now completely cured of my sleepwalking/talking and heavy dreams problem. I used to sleepwalk at least 2-3 times a week and after about 3 months of taking this
fresh tea i havent had an incident. Just wanted to share!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: reishi mushroom report
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 23, 2011 12:47AM

interesting my hubby suffers from sleep apnea, sleep walking/falling out of bed , and excessive swearing in is sleep (i often wonder if he doesnt have a touch of turrets but its only when he sleeps) thank you for sharing .. something too look into for sure smiling smiley

why do you think the reishi helped you? what led you to try this for your conditions? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 12:48AM by Jgunn.

Date: January 23, 2011 12:53AM

I was researching reishi mushrooms and read a book about some of the benefits of taking the herb long term. I didnt actually plan on taking it everyday to cure the sleeping problem but just to gain better overall health and immune boosting benefits. In the end this was one of the positive things i noticed. Was rather exciting, but takes lots of dedication to do it everyday and making it fresh.
I am curious to see if anything else comes up, i do know it may take some time.

Date: January 23, 2011 01:01AM

Thanks Eddie and nice to see you ! .. i will definitely look into this for my fella smiling smiley

Date: January 23, 2011 01:01AM

Here is my tea

Date: January 23, 2011 01:18AM

so in your opinion would it be best to try and find a local source of dried mushroom ? how do you make the tea? can reishi be grown at home?

enquiring minds wanna know grinning smiley

Posted by: merry ()
Date: January 23, 2011 06:55AM

I think you can get kits to grow reishi at home if you want to buy I don't know yet how easy it is - I am planning to try a few varieties. I think they can be grown on logs or on sawdust.
For sleep apnea also check the buteyko technique - in my experience it is a very good thing...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 23, 2011 08:00AM

when I grew mushrooms at home years ago, these people had the BEST kits and spore plugs I had been able to find, some of the cheapest prices, and I always got a MINIMUM of what they said their patches output would be... they have indoor reishi kits on this page, their website oddly doesnt seem to have as much info as their catalog...
[www.fungi.com]

I do not know whether or not they would be cheaper than buying them dried...but it may be fun at leastsmiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 23, 2011 10:35AM

I love medicinal mushrooms such as reishi, chaga, shitake etc. Wealth of benefits to be had.

Date: January 23, 2011 11:40AM

I have a close by health store that surprisingly has Organic Whole reishi's for sale. I feel that is the best for me for now. It is a little expensive but been worth it. I should look into buying a home kit though, might be fun smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 23, 2011 02:25PM

Thanks for posting this, Eddie--very useful smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:29AM

Reishi and medicinal mushrooms have improved different aspects in my life. I no longer suffer from anxiety attacks/disorder. I use the extract in my teas and elixirs daily. I'd say reishi, cordyceps and chaga are my top mushrooms

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 27, 2011 03:24AM

Powerlifer, love to read an article on mushrooms on your blog! Seems like an interesting topic, what kinds, what they do, if you can grow them on your own or not, fresh or dried, how to take them... I could think of dozens of questions about this one...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 27, 2011 07:52AM

Growing most at home is fairly easysmiling smiley growing in large amounts more difficult...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 27, 2011 11:25AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Powerlifer, love to read an article on mushrooms
> on your blog! Seems like an interesting topic,
> what kinds, what they do, if you can grow them on
> your own or not, fresh or dried, how to take
> them... I could think of dozens of questions about
> this one...

Coco you read my mind haha, ive a partial article wrote on medicinal mushrooms coming very soon. Just have to finish this next article on exercise and ill all theresmiling smiley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables