Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruitarian or ....?
Posted by: chefskai ()
Date: January 23, 2011 04:11AM

Which is better Fruitarian? or...what are the other choices? more greens? Im seeing the benefits of the all fruit deal.

What's your opinion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruitarian or ....?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 23, 2011 07:51AM

whatever one feels best on I say, even during the summer months I cant really afford to go all fruit, although ive been close a few weeks this last summer, but personally, for myself, I think variety is whats best... But I have been known to eat as much fruit as i can get a hold of,LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:03PM

I find myself naturally inclined toward a high fruit diet, but not necessarily a low fat one. But it changes with the seasons.

Try things out and find what's bets for yourself. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 23, 2011 02:30PM

High fruit with high greens than 80/10/10, but still low fat and low protein.

It's best to try whatever regimen you are intrigued by for a while to see if your body likes it and also that your lifestyle permits it(you may have to tweak your shopping or food prep schedule to accomodate the diet, say). Good luck!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 23, 2011 05:47PM

klomasius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I find myself naturally inclined toward a high
> fruit diet, but not necessarily a low fat one. But
> it changes with the seasons.
>
> Try things out and find what's bets for yourself.
> smiling smiley

This is pretty much how i feel and my diet. I eat alot of fruit but i dont believe low fat, low carb or low protein is good for your health long term. I tend to get on better with a diet with moderate or a little extra fat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 05:47PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 23, 2011 08:36PM

i definitely eat more fruit in the spring summer and fall when it is alot more abundant .. more greens salads and smoothies in the winter smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 24, 2011 06:28AM

mostly sweet fruit and greens for me.

Date: January 24, 2011 07:10PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> Powerlifer, how is it that you can be 40/30/30 as
> suggested on another thread yet you consume mostly
> fruits?
>
> It is impossible to be 40/30/30 (carb-fat-protein
> ratio) on a diet of mostly fruits. It only works
> with high legumes and hemp seeds. UNless you take
> protein supplements, I dont see how it works on a
> fruitarian whole food diet.

I forgot to get back to your PM sorry i rarely forget im on so many forums that i just remembered you sent now. Im eat alot of fruit but its not all i eat. I need a large amount of calories because i weight lift. I eat a few cooked vegan meals etc daily also. Im basically high raw how much i am god knows, full raw didnt work in with my bodybuilding goals not matter how high i went on the calories i just wasnt repairing at the appropriate rate.

Im not sure to be honest i try to not really fuss over ratios.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 09:23PM

I tried fruitarian for several months. Over the summer fruit was hitting the spot, but ultimately I'm liking the Gabriel Cousens low-glycemic approach better.I feel my third eye opening up a lot with this diet. It's a lot of salad with homemade dressings, veggie dishes, avocados and olives, and mostly keeping the fruit to a minimum and the lower-sugar fruit. Amount of fat and such varies by individual. I happen to be very "vata," think and airy, and I'm finding it true that I can and should eat quite a lot of heavier foods. I think everyone should give this diet a try, if you never have. It's outlined in the book, "Rainbow-Green Live Cuisine."

Date: January 25, 2011 01:57AM

When you're "on the run," you don't bring food with you? Or buy a snack somewhere? You jsut go without? curious.....

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 25, 2011 02:09AM

I eat a lot of fruit. Not 100% of my diet, as I eat lots of salads and vegetables. But what I notice that raw foodists who eat lots of fruit feel so good that they don't feel like they need to take supplements. Low fruit raw foodists, on the other hand, often load up on the supplements. I don't consider taking some B12 or D as loading up, but rather buying all the superfoods and various raw supplements like MSM or ormus or monoatomic minerals or deer antler velvet or krill oil or maca or gojis etc.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 25, 2011 02:20AM

Prana
What do you think about Iodine, do you have soils with enough iodine in them?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 25, 2011 03:00AM

Healthybun,

There are only a few places in the US that have iodine poor soil, somewhere in the midwest. In California, where I live, this is not a problem.

Date: January 25, 2011 03:12AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:

> Utopian life: of course I still eat fruit. In fact
> with my new diet I would still have to consume
> about 4-7 or so whole fruits just to get enough
> carbs for the day.

Oh, I didn't mean fruit specifically, but just whatever your snack/meal choice is, in general. I just find it's necessary to bring food with me (or buy it at places) the majority of days, at least ones that I work. TY. smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 25, 2011 01:16PM

Fruit has lots of vitamins but not a lot of minerals, that's what greens and veg are higher in. I could never live mostly on fruit, it's greens and veg for me and still I supplement with green food, sea veggies and a whole food multi. I live in the "goiter belt" where a lot of iodine depleted food is grown but lots of produce comes from all over the world to our grocery stores. It's all grown in nutrient deficient soil no matter where it comes from though. That's the way of it these days.

Date: January 25, 2011 01:25PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> powerlifer.,
>
> I guess your diet might have some supplements or
> meat substitutes? There's no way even a whole food
> COOKED vegan can be 40-30-30, even so with the
> lentils and hempseeds because the protein is
> denatured and expands way more when cooked than
> sprouts do.

Like i say that ratio was only a guess, id really need to put a daily example into fitday.com etc to know for sure.

I dont really take that much supplements, i use quite alot of herbs as needed, some people include dried fruits such as goji berries, incan berries etc as supplements, in my opinion these are not supplements they are food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables