Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Salt-laden foods quickly hinder blood vessels' ability to widen, new study shows
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 31, 2011 06:08AM

Those french fries can harm your heart in just 30 minutes
Salt-laden foods quickly hinder blood vessels' ability to widen, new study shows

Here's a quote from that article:

“What surprised us was that this is similar to responses seen after a meal high in saturated fats, which we know can be damage blood vessels in the long-term,” Dickinson said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Salt-laden foods quickly hinder blood vessels' ability to widen, new study shows
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 31, 2011 06:19AM

170mg sodium in 1 ounce serving of Original Pringles .. ive seen people consume whole cans in one sitting which equal about 7-8 servings ...

170 x 7 (to be lenient) = 1190mg of sodium

a deadly snack !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: Salt-laden foods quickly hinder blood vessels' ability to widen, new study shows
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 31, 2011 01:36PM

Pringles--A Deadly Snack! Get them for your Super Bowl party! smiling smiley

The comments section is particularily interesting--people really don't know what to think when they read something like this.

Thanks for posting, Prana.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 31, 2011 01:52PM

Good link, although id have thought that it probably wasnt very accurate, in some individuals such as myself in the past the stress of even reading blood pressure made me anxious. I was pretty much always anxious due to adrenal fatigue.

The excess epinephrine constricts blood vessels, whos to say that some of the applicants werent allergic to the ingredients.

Interesting none the less and pretty worrying even though the long term effects arent known.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 01:52PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 31, 2011 02:13PM

I feel pretty good at how much salt we've cut out of our diet. Every time you read anything about salt it's just worse and worse than the last thing you've read. Sad stuff that salt.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 05, 2011 05:49AM

Ive been a lab rat in the same lab this salt study was done. Its my home town of Adelaide and the CSIRO have a big lab on Frome St. The assistants were shocked at how high my vo2max was and I told em what my diet is. The EXACT reply was 'Did anyone get the football scores on the weekend?'

Nice people but conditioned as you get.

Great study though, thanks for posting Prana.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 05, 2011 02:22PM

durian, that made me laugh out loud!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables