Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw junk food ?
Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: February 03, 2011 02:22AM

Just trying to get perspective...what is the benefit of eating a raw treat made of nuts, chocolate, etc...rather than a treat made of roasted nuts, nut butter, granolas, etc...?

februarygirl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw junk food ?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 03, 2011 03:20AM

well the raw is raw an the roasted is roasted smiling smiley i think any treat in its RAW'er form would be better

none-the-less its still a treat .. moderation would be in order smiling smiley

i love almond butter (raw blended almonds) with celery sticks smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2011 01:48PM

Great for transition or when you're having a craving. Not fabulous for you but not full of deranged cooked oils (nuts) and who knows what else. Eventually I think cravings and desire for this sort of "treat" just fade away but while you have them might as well go for the best option available! Plus if you're making things yourself you know exactly what's in them and they're fresh.

Date: February 03, 2011 07:34PM

I'm definitely starting to shift to craving raw salads and smoothies and not desiring other things as much. It just seems that all of the dehydrated snack recipes are so time consuming and complex and expensive at that so in thinking about the kids, a batch of popcorn or healthier granolas seems easier and cheaper. Wanted to know if it is worth it.

februarygirl

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2011 08:45PM

Well, I like the idea of being able to make crackers from juicer pulp, saves waste and makes a nutrient dense snack. Popcorn is fun but has no food value. Granola we don't eat because oats encourage cold sore break outs and my son gets those a lot when we are not careful with diet. And any way to get more greens into the little girl! I'm hoping for success with kale chips but we shall see.
Also bread. They insist on sandwiches, if I can make a bread alternative it is very worth it for me. Also soaked nuts regain their crunch when dehydrated and they can be flavoured with herbs before hand to make them extra tasty.

Lots of people don't use any dehydrated food at all though.

Date: February 04, 2011 01:48AM

Ok, VERY good case for a dehydrater! I'm in...just a matter of timesmiling smiley

februarygirl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables