Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ummmmmm
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: September 14, 2006 01:21PM

Canteloupes are singing in the field
They say they're gonna give a perfect yeild
This year
Cranberries that laugh at pumpkin bellies
Get their just desserts as jellies
Never fear
Giddy old guernsey
Now mellow your moos
So you can hear warbler
As he chirps the news
He says, "Everything as far as I can see
Is everything that's just as it should be right here!

Options: ReplyQuote
And then....
Date: September 14, 2006 01:24PM

Taxicabs and kids and shoeshine boys
Come up with noise that only city streets allow
Pretzel makers, fakirs, bagel bakers, token takers
All belong, somehow
Late night commuters with quotes in their eyes
Robot computers that serve pizza pies, report,
"Everthing as far as we can see
Is everything that's just as it should be
Right now!"

Re: Ummmmmm
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 14, 2006 05:26PM

Ahhhh, a fruit apreciation thread. It's about time. Yah, cantelope makes me feel like that too.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: September 14, 2006 08:39PM

My diet doesn't sound so healthy compared to all of yours. But, it's working for me and keeps me raw and I feel good. Maybe I'll be motivated to improve it as time goes on.

I've never been a "sweet tooth" person. I pretty much have to make myself eat fruit. The thought of multiple pieces of fruit sometimes makes my stomach queasy. But, I am getting better and have been eating watermelon for breakfast lately. Most mornings I still have a cup of coffee. I know, I know. All I can say is - It' better than the 8 cups that I used to drink. I just haven't been able to get over the "give it up hump". Then I drink a lots of water and some lemonade.

Around noon, I have a smoothie with oranges, grapes, parsley, spinach, pineapple, green powder, cinnamon, ginger and frozen bananas. Sometimes I add carob if I need extra hours between breakfast and lunch.

I usually have a salad for lunch. It almost always contains fresh sprouts or sunny greens that I have grown. Sometimes I spend of lot of time putting celery, avocado, tomatoes, onions, chives, carrots, jicama, pod peas, romaine, spinach, arugula, etc in the salad. Sometimes I'm lazy and in a hurry and just eat a HUGE bowl of romaine. Sometimes I add some broken up flax crackers as croutons or maybe some sprouted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.

Sometimes I have a pate (walnut or almond) or cheese spread (pine nut) on lettuce leaves with sprouts and chopped tomatoes.

Dinner is sometimes another salad or soup. I like tomato soup with chopped veggies and sprouts, mushroom soup with sprouted lentils, pea soup with veggies, cream of brocolli soup made with almond milk and chopped tomatoes.
I've also made creamy corn soup and sweet potato soup.

Sometimes I have guacamole with flax crackers and salsa.

My biggest issue with myself right now is that I still want to snack at night and I've never given up my fat/salty addiction. I eat salted pumpkin seeds almost every night. I'd like to get past that, but I just can't seem to get myself to eat fruit instead. I'm definately still a work in progress.

But, I gotta say: I feel so much better since I started eating raw. I've quit smoking, lost weight (still need to lose 15 lbs. which I could probably do if I'd just quit strapping on the old nuts and seeds feed bag each night!) My skin looks and feels better, no more sinus problems, no more heart burn, think clearer, feel calmer, etc. etc. Life Is Good these days!

alive!

oops! I posted this on the wrong thread! You know the part where I said "think clearer" - nevermind!!!!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2006 08:42PM by alive!.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 14, 2006 10:05PM

Excellent poems Piano Gal! You've got talent! I'll keep them for later.

-David Mason

Aw Shucks. David.....
Date: September 14, 2006 10:44PM

And I was going to write you yesterday - re your thread on the inability of food to getcha into heaven. I thought it was an outstanding consideration. I'm a BIG DaveZM fan, you know! When my next album is done - soon - I'll send you a copy.

Much love,

PG

Date: September 15, 2006 01:06AM

Thank you Piano Gal. That would be wayyyy cool. I'll pay you! smiling smiley Let the money flow!

Hey wait! I could post my poem as repayment your words!

Title: If Matter Was Your Mind

If matter was your mind
you’d not decry it so.

The world your cup of tea
You’d drink and find...

...It sweet - though low.

And see with eyes that see
Because you wish.

And if the world was the tone of YOUR heart,
And the people unspoken bearers -

Then you’d swim in that sea of fish,
And choose to start

Forgiving all the errors.

-David Mason

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: September 15, 2006 01:07AM

alive!
It sounds like you have a pretty healthy diet to me. You've got me beat, that's for sure. Both in creativity and variety. Maybe that's why you've lost weight and I haven't.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: September 15, 2006 01:46AM

Piano Gal wrote to Dave Mason:

"re your thread on the inability of food to getcha into heaven."

Is this thread on this forum? If so under what subject heading might I find it?

I am particularly interested in the spiritual benefits of a conscious diet and would love to hear what others have to say concerning this.

Thanks, and nice poetry guys!

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: September 15, 2006 03:10AM

Hey alive!,

Congratulations on quitting smoking! That's such a big one. And good for you for staying raw!

Best wishes, -Ally

Dave.....that's OUTSTANDING......
Date: September 15, 2006 03:53PM

My goodness - you have a gift! I sense you have a deep love for words - for poetry? It feels you've been schooled in it, or in lit? Would that be true.

Dave - you really do, at some point in your life, need to write a book. You have a LOT to say in ways that are utterly accessible to people in their simplicity of potency. I's support that book with my agreement, big time!

PG

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 15, 2006 05:23PM

If you do, I would write an e-book, so you don't become a slave to pushing and promoting your book.

Date: September 16, 2006 01:20AM

-Thank you. Those are great ideas guys! I promise I'll publish a book and a website at the same time! smiling smiley

-Hey: I'm gonna take some pictures of the home-building site this weekend...and I'll post them!

-David Mason

look forward to seeing those pix....and
Date: September 16, 2006 01:12PM

Doing a set this afternoon at the Ft. Collins Sustainable Living Fair. And I'm going to sing the above song with it's final verse. This will be fun.

Love,

PG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables