Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

gteat vegan lecture video
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 14, 2011 04:02PM

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this already, but I just came across it the other day, wow, this guy is sooo compelling to watch!! Great one for sharing with your meat-eating pals smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gteat vegan lecture video
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 14, 2011 04:24PM

lisa m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure a lot of you have seen this already
I watched a few minutes of it. He's very
knowledgeable and articulant, but he's presenting a
message that no one wants to hear. I got an uneasy
feeling listening to him......plus those shorts and
sandals!!!
Shhhh.....Mums the Word.....WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 15, 2011 12:27AM

I'd love to see him at a poetry slam--his cadences are tight!

I get the message and appreciate it; not too "what have you done for the world, lately?" but sufficiently so. As Wheatgrass Yogi says, however, are the people really listening? It's a college class, I think, and that's why he's dressed so slacker, but a nice hemp dress shirt and fitted trousers would get him into corporate boardrooms and on Dr. Oz, and that's where he needs to be testifying.

Thanks for posting, lisa.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 16, 2011 11:41PM

if you watch it, towards the end, the audience are really warming to him, laughing at his jokes etc. I think all credit goes to him for doing these university lectures, they must be a 'tough crowd' - I bet he gets a lot of flack from the students. BUT if he can get the message out to these young people, even just a few of them, then he's doing a great thing I think. After all, they are the future.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2011 11:46PM

The place he got his funding from cut him off so he's out of luck for lectures in 2011. Guess he's fund raising but that's going to be tough. At least his videos are out there but he's preaching to the choir mostly I'd imagine. Not to disparage his work, I thought it was a very powerful speech. Gruesome imagery though, I couldn't watch most of it.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:24AM

I'm pretty sure I physically got ill from watching the videos presented during his lecture. Its really sad animals have to put up with the (I can't find the right word to describe what went on) abuse in the videos, but even more sad is the fact we have human beings, like them, on this planet breathing the same air as sane people.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 18, 2011 10:29AM

Gary says it how it is. We need more people on the planet like him. He aint afraid to mince his words.

Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: February 19, 2011 04:50AM

I cried during the first animal video...then had to fast forward through the second one. I tried just covering my eyes, but couldn't bare to even hear the sounds. I still feel sick...BUT...I am glad I watched it as it helped me to remove any lingering doubts I had about needing to eat animals, reinforcing in my own mine that I will never, never, ever,ever again consume any animal products....and that is the right thing to do.

I always wondered why vegans would not eat honey, now I know!

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: March 12, 2011 07:06AM

Honey is also toxic due to the acids found in it and the pollens that may be contained. Some people experience weight gain as the body is diluting the toxins.

Just eat more fruit so honey is not even a thought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables