Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Raw food bet with a friend
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 28, 2011 08:41AM

mmmmm, you have me craving broccoli now...and mushrooms...mmmmmmmm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: March 01, 2011 04:04AM

Those boundaries are difficult to define. A person who is blessed with being compassionate can sometimes be drained of energy. We need to protect ourselves without losing the very quality that draws people to us.

februarygirl

Date: March 01, 2011 11:05PM

you make a good point...its hard to balance thoughsad smiley its why I love my best friend Amy so much, I dont have to balance with her, I can be as loving and caring as I want with her, and she never takes advantage, and she shows me an equal amount of love and caring in return... we are lucky to have each other, we joke that we are the perfect couple at times,lol... I thought at first such jokes would hurt me, as I am straight, and she is not, but ive found i really have no problems with it, its been both surprising and wonderful...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 03:54PM

So, now that a month is up, how is your friend doing? How are YOU doing?

I am at the very VERY beginning of my journey towards being a raw vegan. I am still in the researching it stages. I would love to get all of the recipes, etc. that you made for this friend. Are they on this forum somewhere, by chance? You said, cheap and easy and my ears perked right up. Those are 2 things that will be very helpful to me in starting.

By the way, I tend towards the same personality. I, too, have sabotaged myself in order to "help" someone else. Not good. If people, like us, tend towards that, I'd say coming here for advice, first, would be a great idea. Many of these folks sound quite balanced with healthy boundaries. Perhaps that, too (in addition to body), is an area to seek healing in.

Mindy

Date: March 24, 2011 05:26PM

bet never got past the first day really...,lol... that was further back in the thread...:/... her diet is the same as ever... yeah, most of the recipes are on here, the stuff I ate thread has a lot of them, the recipe board on this forum has TONS of wonderful stuffsmiling smiley

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 24, 2011 05:58PM

I had a roommate that put sweetened condensed milk on his cereal which was broken up sugary graham crackers ... did i mention he was a diabetic... the things people eat I think are very emotional and that's a hard habit to break... in the end these people have to make their own choices ... I think it's easier to tear people down then to build themselves up... and it may not even be intentional it's just easier.

love laugh and dream

Date: March 24, 2011 08:42PM

wow, thats almost suicidal...(your friend) if not blatantly so... also, that sounds really gross to me too,lol...

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: March 24, 2011 08:52PM

I worked with a diabetic who absolutely loved white rice polish with added white sugar and milk and butter. He gave himself an extra shot of insulin to eat a very large plate. I thought that was very strange when I heard it, but it kind of makes sense in a way. My mother in law is a diabetic, and she has a love affair with processed flour, sugar, butter, meat.

The only think I can think is that is how they got the the disease in the first place. but she figures if she is 80 and still alive than she is doing right. I think has as the attitude because her husband has been nagging her for the last 20-30 years to loose weight and eat differently. Hes now dead for about 8mos, and she has now gone over the top with the stuff. It always seems like if she is given two or more options food wise she will always choose the worst thing available healthwise. Max sodium, max fat, max sugar, max processed artificial ingredients. I always thought it was just because she was buying things cheap, and on sale, which she does most of the time. but I think she honestly doesn't like anything but unhealthy stuff.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: March 24, 2011 09:28PM

I strongly believe that it is DANGEROUS for a raw vegan person to suddenly start eating beef. Our intestines are cleaner, so we do not have this defense against the toxins in processed meat. It is absolutely NOT advisable to do anything like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 09:32PM by rab.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: March 24, 2011 09:32PM

Mislu, older generation has grown up eating much healthier food, breathing better air etc. If they are 80 and still eat like that, probably under natural diet they would live 120, in some nice village with lots of exposure to good food and air. There will be fewer people over 80 in the future, since everyone is now filled with toxins since the early age.

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: March 26, 2011 03:44PM

It sounds like your friend never even came close to taking the challenge seriously and more got some sort of weird thrill out of seeing you break your veganism... not cool. I've known a few people in my life (back when I tended to have lower self esteem and attract less good people into my world) who would constantly make fun of me for having a different diet (I was vegetarian at the time) and would always try and get me to eat meat. They'd test me in a variety of ways, saying things like, "Would you eat a bite of steak for a dollar? Two dollars?" etc...

Not cool. I've since rid my life of all of those types and everyone who is around me now admires me for my diet and loves my food. Most of them eat a lot of raw, if not all raw, themselves.

Remember, just like you are what you eat, you also are, to some degree, who you hang around.

Date: March 26, 2011 04:53PM

she didnt seem like one of those types of people till this, she often complimented me on my diet but would say things like "I could never do that" or "I could never give up _____" or "Life wouldnt be worth living without being able to eat _____" and similar stuff...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables