Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Leg cramps
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 18, 2006 05:16PM

What is the deficiency associated with leg cramps again? Is it a magnesium imbalance? And what is the balancing agent? I forget.

thanks,

Sharon

p.s. Love and Hello to all my dear friends.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Leg cramps
Posted by: m ()
Date: September 18, 2006 05:25PM

make sure you have enough magnesium, calcium and potassium. eat more greens (green smoothies with LOTS of greens) to make sure you're getting all necessary minerals.

peace!
m.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: September 18, 2006 05:51PM

Try to eat some avocados...they are loaded with potassium. Also, is there a chance you could be dehydrated? That will also cause leg cramps. Hope you are feeing better soon! Those are awful!

Kim

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: September 18, 2006 07:00PM

My nutritionist told me many years ago that leg cramps are caused by calcium deficiency. Oranges, cruciferous veggies, sunflower seeds, and ESPECIALLY UNHULLED SESAME SEEDS are foods that can help boost your calcium. There is more calcium in 1/4 cup of sesame seeds than in 1 whole cup of whole milk.

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2006 07:15PM by Ally.

Date: September 18, 2006 07:14PM

Hey Ally, I have a question about unhulled sunflower seeds. When you say "unhulled" are you talking about the hard shell still being on the seed? Because I looked for some "unhulled" sunflower seeds at the WHole Foods Market near me, and they looked exactly the same as the ones marked "hulled". I am confused!

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: September 18, 2006 07:36PM

Hi Yogamama,

Did you mean sesame seeds? The unhulled sesame seeds are kind of brownish. The hulled sesame seeds are pure white. They're both about the same size because the hull is very thin. If the unhulled sesame seeds look exactly the same as the hulled sesame seeds at your health food store, maybe the employee put the same kind of seed in both bins by mistake. New employees at health food stores often make mistakes like that.

I don't think you meant sunflower seeds, because I'm usually referring to sesame seeds when I stress "unhulled". If you meant sunflower seeds, then for sure the employee made a mistake. UNhulled sunflower seeds have a really obvious black shell and are much bigger than hulled sunflower seeds. The shell is kind of hard to eat. I don't personally eat unhulled sunflower seeds, but lately I'm considering it. I might sprout them and remove the hull, or I might just eat the hull along with the seed. Just an experiment. Thanks for your reminder!

Best wishes, -Ally

Date: September 18, 2006 07:57PM

Actually, I did mean sunflower seeds. isn't that bizarre? They were in a contianer that said "unhulled", but they did not have the shell on them. You are probably right...they must have made a mistake. Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables