Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why is David Wolfe fat?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: March 11, 2011 07:06AM

I get asked this a lot so did a vid toda about it.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why is David Wolfe fat?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 11, 2011 07:36AM

well, Im not a David wolfe fan... I don't have anything extra to add in relation to this type of video than I have said be4...

But I wanna say, and I know that this is gonna sound weird, but I am genuinely concerned... Are you ok? like, you seem so "off" in this video, you look and sound like you are under a lot of emotional stress...feel free to pm me if ya wanna talk, or even if you just wanna vent, I'll just listen if you want, offer no judgments unless you ask for them... is it from all this lawsuit stuff? well, whatever is going on, I hope you'll be ok...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: March 11, 2011 12:22PM

Sorry man,

You lose me with all the "f_ _ _ this & f_ _ _ that" language. Clean it up a bit & I may actually be able to make it through one of your vids...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 11, 2011 12:34PM

It's all the chocolate!

Thanks for the head's up about the language JK. I have been wondering why DW looks so chunky lately, that seems a difficult thing for a raw eater to do and I am always looking for ways to put on some weight. I don't need to hear a bunch of f-bombs though, thanks anyhow.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: March 11, 2011 02:27PM

There was a question about a cooked vegan a few years ago. Actually someone I met personally. He wondered himself as to why he was fat. Actually not really fat, but just seemed really soft. All his friends wondered why he was fat. i think it was the potatoes diet he was on. As in meat & potatoes minus the meat.

The other thing is what is up with the criticism for David Wolfe? It seems like you are giving him free press without meaning to. Its a name I never really think about until I hear why is he eating ants, or why is he fat, or why....

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 11, 2011 03:35PM

He's not fat...He's just big-bonedwinking smiley

Date: March 11, 2011 03:51PM

It's "genetic"! grinning smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 11, 2011 04:20PM

LOL- raw cacao orgies are genetic...But seriously, I don't really care for the word FAT. DW may be chubby but he's far from fat. To me, 'fat' is when you have no definition in your body and are obese all over. In any case, for those asking why DR keeps on with these videos, it's because DW is his competition! And he feels he has to knock him out of the top spot. I think it's better to make your case for what YOU stand for. If someone is a charlatan or otherwise incorrect in philosophy, it'll come to light eventually!

Date: March 11, 2011 04:24PM

The best defense is a good offense, or is that the best defense is to be offensive? Hmm...

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: March 11, 2011 06:52PM

I think it would be better to ignore the failings and support what he is doing right. But there always could be some ethical thing I am not aware of. To anyone who doesn't know anything about the raw food movements might be tempted to think something like 'there you see...there is a problem, or several problems" And maybe there is, but it seems like it should be coming from someone following conventional guidelines about food.

Date: March 11, 2011 11:29PM

who is this David Wolfe? and why does he compel such fascination in a raw vegan community?

Date: March 11, 2011 11:32PM

It makes me happy to hear that so many people don't know who he is, that's just fine smiling smiley. Ignore all of this, you are better off.

Date: March 11, 2011 11:34PM

Thank you Coco. What a warm welcome. Have a great weekend.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: March 12, 2011 12:43AM

another clueless post Durian.

In chinese culture, a big belly (dan tian) is associated with good health.

If you do lots of belly breathing, you get a slight pot belly, its a sign you're doing it correctly. Wolfe is big into yoga so I guess he practises belly breathing too.

whats funny Durian is in your videos you seem to breath a lot from your chest, which is bad practise for an athlete.

you need to chill with the wolfe bashing dude.. you're coming across as desperate and sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2011 12:53AM by WanderRA.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: March 12, 2011 12:46AM

French Fry Freddie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> who is this David Wolfe? and why does he compel
> such fascination in a raw vegan community?

read his book 'sunfood diet success system' more positive and inspiring than anything this fool puts out.

if Durian focused on his own passion and ideals, i might listen.. but theres too much negativity for his advise to be credible.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2011 12:53AM by WanderRA.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 12, 2011 12:58AM

SUN
FUN
WATER
EXERCISE

Words to live by!

Durianrider... shorter vids, man! It didn't really get good until 10 mins in... about the time I was about to stop watching.

You're right that the sale of supplements is the money maker. Money should be added to your list of drugs for DW and others.

The best part of this video was your nicname for DW.... lovely cuddly avocado friend. Hilarious!

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 13, 2011 08:19PM

"It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth."

Why not just let people be as they are and not worry about fat or skinny or how they choose to do things... and see what good they are doing for themselves and the world and discard the negativity... or better yet what good am or could I be doing for myself and the world... and how can i learn from this person to create peace in my life... and when i am at peace with myself it won't matter what anyone else does ...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 13, 2011 09:30PM

Luvyuu, if you read David's website, it says "David Wolfe is considered one of the world’s top authorities on natural health, beauty nutrition...".

David in one of his earlier books asked, "Would you take financial advise from a beggar on the street? So then, why would you take health advice from a doctor that isn't healthy?"

So can we ask ourselves this same question of David, "Why would I take health and nutrition advice from someone who is following the diet he espouses, but seems overweight and not physically fit?"

That being said, we are all in a process. Life is not always easy, and there are times when we may need to eat more food than our body is asking for, and from this we may become overweight or become not physically fit. On the other hand, we may not be overeating at all, but our food choices may be such that they cause the body to hold on to extra weight. When a food has this particular issue, that is it causes your body to hold on to extra water weight or fat weight, these are generally not the healthiest or beauty inducing food choices. Yet David considers himself on of the world's top authorities on health and beauty nutrition.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 13, 2011 09:58PM

very good points prana.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 14, 2011 09:28AM

Dont think my post went through, good points prana. Although there are some who just don't practice what they preach or have no intention because there interested in the academic side of things. Some of the best olympic, boxing, bodybuilding trainers in the world haven't ever boxed etc. But they are the best teachers purely because they academically know everything about whatever it is there teaching.

I mean anyone with abit of will and determination can keep up regular exercise and look healthy but it doesn't mean there an expert in fitness. A good example is the personal trainers at my local gym they all look thin and ripped but they don't have a clue about even some of the most basic concepts of sport science even with qualifications. Some of the regimes they recommend to people are damn right dangerous and foolish but because they are in the gym doing cardio regularly they look averagely fit. That is when looks can be deceiving.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 09:37AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 14, 2011 03:31PM

I am not defending David Wolf I've never met the man... I don't agree with his way... so I"m not going to do it... simple as that... but I also don't agree with all the bashing that goes on here... I find negative words about others to be just as poisoning as junk food... if not more so because it's so easy to spread.

I may not take advice from a fat man on how to lose weight but I will also not take advice from a negative person on how to live a better life... no matter how healthy they claim to be! And isn't that what the raw foods movement is about... living a better healthier life? Or is it just about being skinny just like all those other fad diets? .

So we judge David Wolfe for being "fat" and for not being the "perfect" raw vegan...is he happy? Are YOU happy? Are YOU perfect? When you show up at the pearly gates are you going to be weighed and measured by a scale and how pure your food was??? If you think you can do better then do it!!! But you won't find your own peace by tearing some else's down!!!

love laugh and dream

Posted by: trox ()
Date: March 14, 2011 06:50PM

I am with you Luvyuu! Too much negativity is poisonous. I think eating must be one of those things like "religion". Tolerance is a better mind set than intolerance. And to those that have the knowledge and chose not to follow it...then that is there choice and we should not judge that choice. My personal intention is to educate without judgement and to set the example in my own life.

I am finding negativity across this boards that is disarming. I hope we can get away from that type of banter and move into enlightening each other with our true gems of wisdom on living better.

This post is very opinionated and critical and quite frankly...I am very surprised that this subject even surfaced in a community like this...

Good Vibrations,
Trox

Date: March 14, 2011 09:05PM

Oh, don't be surprised, this comes up All The Time here and some of us are just sick of it already.
Anyhoo, don't go holding any of us to standards you decide to set for us, none of us is any better than any other person. We've all got our flaws and judgements, no one here is any different than anyone else anywhere else.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables