Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

healing crisis?
Posted by: ron ()
Date: March 14, 2011 03:01PM

For many years I have dumped all kinds of garbage into my body. For many years I have been just fine until I hit my sixties and then it dawned on me I need to clean up my act. For a couple of months I have been juicing and eating mostly raw foods. In that time there have been occasions where i would wake up in the morning and have what I think is a healing crisis. In other words some very unpleasant things happened. I would be in the bathroom doing an evacuation and I would get sick at my stomach and have a feeling of wanting to throw up. What I threw up was some sticky mucous like material that seemed to be coming from deep inside the gut and at the same time I was evacuating a real nasty mess. I am assuming this is a part of the healing and I assume that the nasty material that has been lodged in my body for years is coming out. There are days like yesterday where I felt better that I have since I was a kid then there have been days like today where I felt like I was going to heave my guts out. I juice twice a day and yesterday I ate no food other than a mango and a salad, and of course the juice mixed with a heaping tablespoon of Hawiian spirulina, I also grow my own wheat grass and juice that as well in my grass juicer. I no longer eat cooked food, only raw food. Just wondering how long it may take to clean all the garbage from my tissues and to alkalize. My best guess is one year. Any that have passed on this road can give my a little insight as to what is happening and if I need to back off a bit, but backing off is not my style. The sooner its done the better I will be, but there are times when its miserable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: healing crisis?
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 14, 2011 09:21PM

I wonder if you are having problems with your pancreas. Have you been tested for diabetes?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 15, 2011 12:41AM

ron,

Here are some articles that may help you understand what happens during a transition to a raw diet.

Detoxification by David Klein

Symptoms During Dietary Transition

Date: March 15, 2011 03:13AM

Came home from work today and did my usual juice with a heaping spoonful of spirulina and shortly after had more bowel discomfort and a bit of cramping. After another bowel movement and once again getting the runny nose I realized I was eliminating something that looked like flukes. It became crystal clear I have had critters living in my colon and they are no longer happy there. I have long suspected these kinds of colon problems and also think candida is living in my colon and none of the critters currently living there are happy about the new cleansing alkalizing foods. Its like I have read, detoxing is good and its simple but not always easy or a smooth road. I accept all that and am just glad to know I have found the key to good health and am fully prepared for any discomfort that may come along. It appears my cleansing discomfort may be a bit more severe than some have but since I have abused my body for longer than many I have much to clean.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 16, 2011 07:00AM

Come home, have juice with spirulina, get bowel discomfort and cramps...

don't do that anymore.

Listen to your body. It's not liking the spirulina.

Maybe you can SLOWLY work it into your diet as you go.

Don't keep ingesting stuff that makes you suffer.

My dog knows not to eat stuff that makes her belly hurt.

Date: March 16, 2011 02:21PM

I think the spirulina is doing the job and that whatever I am going through is the cleansing effect of that. Today I got up feeling great except for the stomach and intestines that needed to evacuate. Once again it appeared that all kinds of nasty critters were being flushed from my body. Why on earth would I not want that? So on the contrary use what works and the spirulina certainly appears to be doing exactly what I want it to do. Right now I feel awesome, although earlier in the AM I was not feeling all that great until I got rid of the toxic load that wanted to come out. Also I juiced one large grapefruit with one orange and a heaping helping of spirulina. Once years ago I used some barley greens and had an almost immediate reaction to it. This was when I was younger and dumber. I had chills and fever and my tongue turned white. I ran off to the doctor and in his doctor tone and in his ignorance he said I can give you a prescription for the yeast on your tongue and then when I told him how it came about and what caused it he said don't do that anymore. In other words the barley was exactly what I needed because it caused a die off reaction and neither him or I understood what was happening. It was a good thing not a bad thing and to get better sometimes you need to suffer a little bit, had I known then what I know now I would have had my health in much better shape than it is now, because this candida and parasites has had twenty years to fester and grow in the acid condition my body was in as I shoveled steaks,ice cream,beer and any thing else I felt like into my mouth. No more, this is the end, I have found the secret to good health. Detoxing is simple but not easy.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 16, 2011 02:26PM

But its the acids and other compounds the good bacteria generate which keep candida from morphing from its harmless yeast form into its fungal overgrowth form.

Candida is a natural part of the body kept in check by stomach acid, gut flora(i.e competition for space), immune system and the various acids and anti-fungal/bacterial compounds the good bacteria generate such as lactic acid.

Same with parasites, its our stomach acid which is the first defense step against foodborne pathogens.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: March 16, 2011 04:08PM

antibiotics and an over acid condition will cause pathogens to grow out of control.High sugar intake feeds the mutated yeast and causes overgrowth. A good book for you to read would be the yeast connection. Realize that the good bacteria should be 85% but most in out society have bad bacteria at 85% and good at 15%. What you are describing is what happens in a healthy body, many today do not own healthy bodies.Bringing that body back into balance is what is needed, and that is what I am doing, but it takes some time.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 16, 2011 04:19PM

Antibiotics kill off the gut flora which creates an alkaline enviroment which is why people get digestive problems, bacterial/fungal overgrowths commonly after antibiotic use/abuse.

Heres a few exerpts from a study:

"In tissue samples from mucosal surfaces with a non-acidic pH, such as the tongue, oesophagus, intestine, and most skin areas, filamentous forms of C albicans predominated, and most of them exhibited both 1H4 immunostaining and an invasive phenotype (fig 3A ). In internal organs having a non-acidic pH (liver, lung, heart, and thyroid) from patients with systemic candidiasis, variable numbers of yeast cells were found, together with hyphae or pseudohyphae in virtually all cases. In these tissues, both yeast and filamentous forms showed strong 1H4 immunoreactivity (fig 3B , C). In contrast, in those tissues with an acidic pH, such as the stomach and collecting ducts of the kidney, the predominant form of C albicans was the blastospore (yeast). Interestingly, in these locations yeast cells essentially showed no 1H4 immunoreactivity (fig 3D , E). However, when adjacent tissue invasion was present, hyphae or pseudohyphae were the predominant form."

"The ability to undergo transition from the yeast to the hyphal form appears to be crucial in the pathogenesis of invasive candidiasis. 4– 6 Both yeast cells and hyphae are found in infected tissues and contribute to pathogenesis. Yeast cells are better suited for rapid haematogenous dissemination, but together with hyphal elements they are also capable of breaching epithelial and endothelial barriers to cause extensive organ damage. 4 During the infectious process, yeast cells and hyphae may encounter different microenvironments within the host. At acidic pH, C albicans grows mostly in the yeast form; at an alkaline pH, it grows primarily in the filamentous form. 2, 6, 7 Gastric acid provides an effective barrier to most microorganisms (normal gastric pH values are 1–3.5). In contrast, achlorhydria and the use of H2 antagonists, which raise gastric pH, have been found to be associated with a higher proportion of invasive gastric candidiasis. 17 Similarly, although the skin is relatively inhospitable to fungal growth, 18 the experimental increase of skin surface pH yields more pronounced cutaneous candidiasis in human volunteers. 19"

Posting those excerpts for others also who asked me the last time we had this acid/alkaline/candida discussion. As this study shows acidity keeps candida in its non invasive yeast form where as in an alkaline PH it changes to hyphal fungal form which can penetrate and damage tissues.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 04:27PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: March 17, 2011 12:39AM

@ prana
Thanks for the links, was useful reading to me, particularly the idea of fasting after relapse into the old habitual diet, been struggling with that. Just experienced incredibly sore throat, upset stomache etc today and had to take a nap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables