Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

on persistance, healing, yoga and fabulous smoothies this week
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 30, 2011 03:58PM

back near the end of 2009 (sept.) i was in a car accident and ended with this chronic right hip pain

at Pranas advice i sarted doing some easy yoga learning how to do diahphramic breathing (which isnt easy let me tell ya its taken up to just about now to really get it right lol grinning smiley )

the last few days pineapples have been really cheap so ive been making some incredibly fab pineapple banana spinach spring water smoothies to die for i think i could live on them forever lol grinning smiley

this morning after i was done yoga and laying on my matt doing these very concentrated 108 breaths ... without moving .. *CLICK* went my right hip .. and *WOOSH* went ... ??? hmmm blood flow maybe ? Chi? Energy?? (hopefully not a blood clot making its way to my brain for a stroke session haha)

lol but dang does it feel really good right now ... no more numby/tingly feeling on the outside of my thigh , i can shift weight to my right leg without agony .. its just GONE !

persistance pays off .. im guilty of being the everloving sceptic with no patience looking for the quick fix ...

im feeling a very grateful warm fuzzy at the moment smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2011 04:04PM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: on persistance, healing, yoga and fabulous smoothies this week
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 30, 2011 04:13PM

Thats great Jodi, i never get bored of hearing natural success storiessmiling smiley.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 30, 2011 04:50PM

!!!!

Did you know pineapple is a strong anti-inflammatory? You might get some benefit from turmeric Jo. Keep up the pineapple (you can freeze if for smoothies later on) and blueberries, both great for inflammation.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 30, 2011 04:57PM

Pineaples are too acidic to be used in green smoothies

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 30, 2011 05:35PM

Ahhhhhhh.....

I felt relief just reading that smiling smiley

and am feeling very happy for you.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 30, 2011 06:03PM

Thats great news Jodi. Your persistence and commitment and relentlessness and patience has paid off big time here. Sweet.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 30, 2011 06:20PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYgrinning smiley im glad its helped you feel better <3

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 30, 2011 11:48PM

Jodi's feelin' better, so I'm feelin' better--isn't it great how that works? smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 30, 2011 11:57PM

LOL I got so excited to read this that I only wrote !!! instead of the Yippee! I was feeling grinning smiley.
So let me say it out loud, woo hoo Jodi! So glad to hear that this happened for you. Wonderful success, most excellent.

Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: March 31, 2011 01:42AM

This is great news! Sure am happy for you. Way to go =).

Date: March 31, 2011 02:33AM

Hey thanks all , just home from work and after sitting all day im still feeling great smiling smiley

normally i would be shifting my weight all day to my left butt to ease the pressure on my right but not today .. i was all good to go .. banging off tax files like no tomorrow

no pain ..no un-comfortableness smiling smiley

I hope im not over celebrating too soon but i think continueing with the morning yoga and breathing before work will keep things in alignment smiling smiley

the hardest part was making the effort to make the habit .. once it became habit it becames effortless to just get up an do it ! smiling smiley

i never realized how shallow a breather i was untill really figuring out how to really BREATheeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...lol once making it a habit to check myself ..i find i tend to hold my breath quite alot ..very strange smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 04, 2011 08:58AM

hi jodi
for some weird reason
i thought you ALWAYS did yoga
maybe it was just the vibes u gave off
or the banana eating monk pic that made me think u were a yogini

anyhoo

great to hear you are doing well
awesome!

Date: April 07, 2011 04:59AM

Thanks LaV smiling smiley smiling smiley i have always done yoga in some form or another but never on a daily intense basis for any purpose or another smiling smiley always sporadically smiling smiley the last year and a bit i have really put alot of intention into doing it and making it a daily habit smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables