Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cravings
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 01, 2011 04:08AM

Hi there... so I'm having cravings for eggs... not fried or anything simple soft boiled eggs... i can taste them feel them in my mouth and it seems so good... I even had a dream about them last night... of course I also had a dream about pretzels and PB&J... but that's besides the point winking smiley eggs have been an on going thing and I haven't had any for 3 years give or take and I'm wondering if I am craving some nutrient that they have that maybe I'm not getting in my mostly raw vegan diet... anyone have any idea what it might be and where I can get this nutrient in a raw form??? I appreciate the info.

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cravings
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 01, 2011 05:13AM

Sometimes eating an avocado gives me that same feeling as eggs used to. Its fatty like an egg yolk, and sometimes they have a eggy like flavor to me. Also what is egg like is durian.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 01, 2011 05:49AM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......... I even had a dream about them last
> night... of course I also had a dream about
> pretzels and PB&J...
Vivid Dreams like that are a sign of a Body getting Pure. Count your blessings, work through it with a Raw Treat you normally wouldn't have, and move on.....WY

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 01, 2011 09:44AM

You could be craving anything from various amino acids/protein, to iodine, vitamin b12 etc.

Worth seeing if some seaweeds take care of the iodine/minerals if you aren't already eating them. If you are taking a b12 supplement then that probably rules that out also.

Posted by: jimtoo ()
Date: April 01, 2011 12:48PM

I was once a heavy pot smoker, and for about 5 years after quitting, I'd sometimes have intense dreams about smoking pot, so much so that I was sure I'd given in at some point and had actually smoked some weed. I never did, and eventually the dreams and the cravings went away. So you have to be careful about interpreting dreams - I don't think my body really needed more of that harsh smoke taken into my lungs.

Date: April 01, 2011 01:18PM

ok last night's dream was a tasting of chocolate treats for a wedding... YUMMM... all kinds of treats peanut butter and chocolate chocolate cake chocolate mint things even a vegetarian one that had a thin slice of sweet potato in the middle... strange but good... i'm starting to like these dreams cause this is all things I can't eat due to allergies and such... no eggs in the dream though that craving is more of a day time craving...

I don't take a b12 supplement and have wondering if I should... any suggestions on a good one???

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 01, 2011 01:27PM

luvyuu,

Maybe a Vitamin E thing: peanuts and eggs both have a lot. Also, sweet potatoes. Seeing the pattern here? What's your diet like at the moment? Hope you figure this out soon smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 01, 2011 01:31PM

Sublingual b12 is considered the best, unless you can get access to b12 injections.

Chocolates often though to craving magnesium.

Date: April 01, 2011 06:32PM

what do I eat normally... in the morning I have a smoothie... various fruits lately mostly mango strawberry grapes kiwi peaches plums pineapple with orange or apple juice... not all of them at once at most 3 at a time... with Field of greens powder it's a mix of grasses and their juices... lunch varies slightly today was kale, spinach carrots celery green onions lemon juice and a honey mustard dressing (I know not exactly raw but I did say mostly raw... honey is raw... mustard probably not.) sometimes i switch carrots for beets and beet greens for the kale... sometimes i have a lunch of bananas raisons figs and dates... Dinner is romaine lettuce, a mix of baby greens, zucchini mushrooms broccoli lemon juice and flax oil ... sometimes cabbage mixed in... I was having steamed veg but have slowly been stopping that... but still occasionally have bean thread or thin rice noodles with steamed brussels sprouts and peas in a home made veg broth ... I suppose I am in transition and this is where the dreams are coming in??? I have been going for every other day being 98% raw and the other days having some steamed things but less then before... feeling lighter but having cravings.... it's hard to get raw sea greens around here... I do occasional avocado and Almond milk but not a lot as fat irritates my gall bladder issues...

where do I get Vit E and magnesium from???

got myself a small raw treat at the health food store today it was nice

Love laugh and dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables