Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How to NOT do a raw/vegan lifestyle.
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: April 01, 2011 11:30AM

Todays vid.

[www.30bananasaday.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to NOT do a raw/vegan lifestyle.
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: April 01, 2011 02:28PM

why do you think David wolfe is so against sweet fruits? this is not his stance at all.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: April 01, 2011 03:36PM

The video is so true. Durianrider takes alot of flak for critisizing people but he is one of the few raw gurus who actualy gives the practical advice that could help most people.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 01, 2011 05:35PM

what makes one a raw guru? and why is Harley a "raw guru"?

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 01, 2011 05:59PM

WorkoutMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The video is so true. Durianrider takes alot of
> flak for critisizing people but he is one of the
> few raw gurus who actualy gives the practical
> advice that could help most people.

He could do that WITHOUT the snarky little remarks about other people in this community. I do agree with some of what he says but I just can't like him as a person with the "holier than thou" attitude he seems to give off and that makes me not really trust him as a leader in health, either.

Maybe it's just your personality man, I don't know. But it seems to me that if you had the perfect diet and had found inner peace, you wouldn't have so much anger and criticism inside of you to spew out toward others. I also really am bothered by the way you use the word "Anorexic"... that is a serious mental disorder, one that I've lost a few friends to... it doesn't just mean someone who doesn't eat enough or doesn't have an understanding of nutrition.

I agree the guy in the video isn't healthy, and I agree with a lot of the points... it just seems to me that you like to hear yourself talk and use any chance you get to point out "Look at all these idiots who aren't awesome and right like I am! GO ME!"

Everyone in the raw food world knows your view by now, and you have the right to say it. It's just the way you say it that I find increasingly off putting. We're all into raw. We're all doing something good for ourselves and the world, whether we do it high fat, low fat, whatever..

Live and let live, eat and let eat.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 01, 2011 06:09PM

Corathegreen Wrote:
We're all into raw. We're all doing
> something good for ourselves and the world,
> whether we do it high fat, low fat, whatever..
>
> Live and let live, eat and let eat.

*like*

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 01, 2011 06:15PM

ditto, Ive been saying similarly for awhile... *shrugs* harley is who he is...he knows the issues many have with him on this...and chooses to ignore them (or claim anyone that takes issue with how he presents himself is jealous)...so ive chosen to no longer watch his videos...and removed my subscription.

Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: April 01, 2011 09:10PM

Corathegreen expressed my sentiments well, although I am new on the scene, didn't know about this guy until yesterday with a video showing him eating mono blended bananna/date meals.

Date: April 01, 2011 09:41PM

... that's not mono. Mono means one, not two things. ???

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 01, 2011 09:48PM

@Corathegreen,

well written, on point. Maybe one of the best posts I've read on the forum, ever. Well done.

Paul

Corathegreen Wrote:
> WorkoutMan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The video is so true. Durianrider takes alot
> of
> > flak for critisizing people but he is one of
> the
> > few raw gurus who actualy gives the practical
> > advice that could help most people.
>
>
> He could do that WITHOUT the snarky little remarks
> about other people in this community. I do agree
> with some of what he says but I just can't like
> him as a person with the "holier than thou"
> attitude he seems to give off and that makes me
> not really trust him as a leader in health,
> either.
>
> Maybe it's just your personality man, I don't
> know. But it seems to me that if you had the
> perfect diet and had found inner peace, you
> wouldn't have so much anger and criticism inside
> of you to spew out toward others. I also really am
> bothered by the way you use the word "Anorexic"...
> that is a serious mental disorder, one that I've
> lost a few friends to... it doesn't just mean
> someone who doesn't eat enough or doesn't have an
> understanding of nutrition.
>
> I agree the guy in the video isn't healthy, and I
> agree with a lot of the points... it just seems to
> me that you like to hear yourself talk and use any
> chance you get to point out "Look at all these
> idiots who aren't awesome and right like I am! GO
> ME!"
>
> Everyone in the raw food world knows your view by
> now, and you have the right to say it. It's just
> the way you say it that I find increasingly off
> putting. We're all into raw. We're all doing
> something good for ourselves and the world,
> whether we do it high fat, low fat, whatever..
>
> Live and let live, eat and let eat.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: April 02, 2011 02:21AM

Im not doing what Im doing to win popularity contests. I dont really care what people think about me ESPECIALLY people that you dont even know what they face or name is. winking smiley

What I care about is the people get the RIGHT information vs being ripped off by con artists be it Monsanto or crew that sue like Monsanto yet they wear poncho's etc.

So few people have anyone in their lives that cares enough to give em real solutions to get their health & fitness on track. Im that person that cares. I encourage people to have the guts to stand up and commit what you believe in. Show your face, get up on stage, talk in public, make youtube vids, make your life transperant and lead by living example. ANYONE can be a critic but it takes guts and courage to put your life on display for the better of humanity.

Life's short,
One shot.
Make it count.
Everyday is the day.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: April 02, 2011 02:21AM

Good vid, DR.

Date: April 02, 2011 03:04PM

durianrider Wrote:
> Im not doing what Im doing to win popularity
> contests. I dont really care what people think
> about me ESPECIALLY people that you dont even know
> what they face or name is. winking smiley
>
> What I care about is the people get the RIGHT
> information vs being ripped off by con artists be
> it Monsanto or crew that sue like Monsanto yet
> they wear poncho's etc.
>
> So few people have anyone in their lives that
> cares enough to give em real solutions to get
> their health & fitness on track. Im that person
> that cares. I encourage people to have the guts to
> stand up and commit what you believe in. Show your
> face, get up on stage, talk in public, make
> youtube vids, make your life transperant and lead
> by living example. ANYONE can be a critic but it
> takes guts and courage to put your life on display
> for the better of humanity.
>
> Life's short,
> One shot.
> Make it count.
> Everyday is the day.

I agree with you on that, and I honestly admire you for making a name for yourself and standing up for what you believe. All I'm saying is that you can promote what you believe without putting others down and you'd probably get through to more people. Because based on the responses here it isn't only me who has gotten that vibe off your videos.

I agree with the second part of what you said too, but I have to figure out what I'm doing before I can be a guru to anyone, lol. smiling smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 02, 2011 04:56PM

thats what ive been telling him for awhile now, might as well save your breath, he is not willing to take the considerations of those who partially agree with him, but take issue with the way he communicates himself... heck, the first video I ever saw of him was fairly mild, I liked it, showed a bunch of friends, after the next couple they viewed, all of them but like 2 couldnt stand him anymore, and one of those two after awhile got tired of it too... its unfortunate that the loudest and most negative are those who get heard most often, for that reason alone, he is probably right that he will reach the most amount of people with his behavior, but most of the people he will be reaching will be people who already agree with him and believe similarly, I believe most of the people who actually NEED help from some one like him, are driven away by such antics...

Posted by: rab ()
Date: April 03, 2011 07:11AM

I do believe that our main food should be fruit. I love fruit, and I think that if our diet is based on fruit, we are not only eating right, but establishing a balance that helps overall health.
But, I really do not like the approach of durianrider and even to Doug Graham to some extent. To them, we all have to run marathons, or do any other type of endurance training.

I strongly believe that any kind of extreme endurance training is NOT HEALTHY AT ALL. It is not natural. No animal spends energy without a very good reason. Humans shouldn't either. We should do gardening, or some other outdoor work (like foraging), swimming (not competitive) etc. etc.

Both durianrider and Doug Graham look exhausted in most of their pictures. They are simply wrong and it is obvious. I think that Doug's 80-10-10 is a vry important book, but his fascination with heavy excercise (rather than gardening) does serious damage to the message he sends. I also do not believe that the fat ratio Doug advocates is right (males should have 7-8% of body fat according to him, if I remember correctly).

I have written this same opinion here several times, answering the topics put by durianrider, never to receive a single response.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: April 03, 2011 08:16AM

Agree with your post Rab.

There is also the vitriolic and immature Wolfe bashing.

All this says to me is DR diet, however good he thinks it may be, still has not rid his emotional body of spiteful schoolyard every man for himself feelings.

I advocate eating raw because it lifts me up from the bowels of negative emotions.

..and the effects raw has on the physical body are secondary to this.

Without a healty heart, a healthy body means nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2011 08:18AM by WanderRA.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 03, 2011 04:17PM

Poor Jason. I felt so sorry for him in his so called interview with DR. He probably thought it was going to be legit, rather than a put-down. Jason just didn't know how to express himself.
DR, you're just a Big Bully. Go pick on someone your own size.....WY

Date: April 03, 2011 05:18PM

Yeah, he seemed pretty awkward about being on camera. I hope it was made known to him that he was going to be the subject of such a negative video. Otherwise that is pretty cruel.

Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: April 04, 2011 11:45PM

adamlogan Wrote:
>Corathegreen expressed my sentiments well, although I am new on the scene, didn't know >about this guy until yesterday with a video showing him eating mono blended bananna/date >meals.

coco Wrote:
> ... that's not mono. Mono means one, not two
> things. ???

Sorry for the confusion coco, was too tired to phrase it right as it was late. Another video by David Wolfe shows one blended meal with only bananas and another with only dates. They were two meals covered in one video.

Date: April 05, 2011 01:12AM

Ah, I got ya. Neither of those sounds very appealing to me though.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 05, 2011 02:12PM

appealing depends on how hungry one is.
highly likely that most people eat without being sufficiently hungry or experiencing true hunger.

Date: April 05, 2011 02:26PM

I just don't like banana, not in any form. The flavour is unappealing to me. And dates are very sweet, I can eat one or two, more than that is also unappealing (and makes my teeth hurt).

Date: April 05, 2011 02:32PM

don't eat for the rest of the day. get back to me.
rinse. repeat.

Date: April 05, 2011 02:36PM

I've fasted many times, it doesn't make foods my body is not attracted to any more appealing. Not even after 10 days smiling smiley. Perhaps if I were starving. But then I'd probably be happy to eat a ham and cheese sandwich. Or some bugs. Ugh.

Date: April 05, 2011 03:59PM

10 days water only and you were hungry and then you tried a organic ripe banana and didn't like it?
that would be very a strange response indeed.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 05, 2011 04:10PM

Some people just don't like certain foods, no amount of fasting etc will change that. Whether its a certain flavor or texture some just don't like it.

I personally love dates i wish i had found them sooner and i wouldn't have ate so much sweet junk growing up. Bananas are nice too but there are many fruits i dont like such as pineapple.

Date: April 05, 2011 05:23PM

What is weird about not liking something you just don't like? I feed them to the kids nearly every day, even the smell makes me gag. Yes, after fasting my response is the same. I like dandelion and bitter greens but many people don't find those flavours appealing. It helps to understand this sort of thing if you acknowledge that not everyone is the same, different people have different physiologies, different physical needs, different things that work and do not work for them. One size does not fit all and there is no magical formula for homogenizing humanity.

Date: April 05, 2011 05:35PM

i understand we have preferences and do not deny it.

still seems strange to be in a true hunger state and refuse a banana.
people in true hunger states are generally not very picky.
certainly there are foods that i am not attracted to that i would definitely eat when truly hungry.

our sense of taste is not static, it is somewhat dynamic. our likes and dislikes change over time and with our physical state.

just eating a mixed cooked/raw diet will make one averse to some raw foods that one would normally enjoy if one were all raw, as has been the experience of many, and as is denied as a reality by many.

Date: April 05, 2011 05:46PM

Yup, I used to like them as a child but now, even 100% raw for a long time, banana does not appeal to me. Not even when truly hungry. I know many long time raw vegans who find durian disgusting and won't eat it even when very hungry. It doesn't seem odd or perplexing to me at all.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 05, 2011 05:48PM

Ive never tried a durian, its one fruit ive been eager to try. We don't get them in the UK as far as i know and ive heard bad things about the imported durians anyway.

Must try and find one if im ever on holiday.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables